Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Cefor`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
As a player, you'll never see me in the thick of big PvP battles, as I generally fail in those endeavours. I much prefer PvE environments, though it doesn't mean I will never participate in a good PvP game.
I enjoy playing classes with a primary focus on magic, though occasionally I would branch out into new territory. I like to experience new things; and meeting new and interesting people is one of the great things about a game like this. I thoroughly enjoy RP and writing in general, and have done for a few years now. I have nit-picks when it comes to spelling and grammar in general and that's probably from my addiction to reading. Generally I'm a very nice guy and easy to get along with.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
England, of the United Kingdom, of Europe, of the Earth, of the Sol system, of the Milky Way galaxy, of the Local Cluster, of the Universe. English be my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
It was the natural progression after playing many other games, and I've come back to it after a long sabbatical. Friends suggested it, and we all played for a while.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I found you through a friend, though we were both looking for a RP server in particular. We were sick of servers where you'd get a smattering of players who would RP, but the majority were idiots with donated super weapons raping you every minute.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Appealing to me the most would be a situation where there is a large community where everyone you met was in character and no matter what you wanted to do you'd be able to be in a RP situation. I enjoy RP of every mood and situation.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Blood Elves are my favourite race, because I have a strange love for the elven races of any game (a higher preference for Dark Elves) and in WoW in particular I prefer Horde over Alliance because they seem cooler in some weird, non-quantifiable way. That left me with Blood Elves; eventually anyway. I had to be a zombie for a while.
My favourite class? I go through periods of preference for different types of game-play, but you will always find a Mage or Priest on my account.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Hopefully somewhere where I can RP in the relative comfort of a community with a like-minded plan, not be ridiculed for it and most of all meet cool people!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Keyboard skills. I love a group of mature players, all of whom can type correctly, but still playing a game at an acceptable pace. As I mentioned before, grammar and spelling are pet-peeves of mine.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I would like to complete this later, after collecting more information about it.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
For the story in this introduction: Would you prefer the story to be in a Warcraft situation? Would any story of any kind be suitable? Thanks for the input in advance.
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Cefor! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Fortunately for you, PvP isn't too common on Conquest of the Horde. While we do have members that occasionally duel, it's usually limited to a handful of friends who do so in Out of Character (OOC) zones where it won't interfere with others who are roleplaying. When our characters fight one another (in a duel, in an arena, to the death, in large-scale epic battles), we use a roll-based combat system that relies heavily on the game's random number generator (essentially /roll). Because of this, we're all on a level playing field, regardless of experience with the class or even character level!

Your story, when you do post it, can be about anything! We just want to see your creativity and your writing skills in action. If you want to do a story based in the Warcraft universe, you are free to do so! I've seen stories that were about real-life encounters, about roleplay that has occurred in the past in World of Warcraft, and I believe that I may recall seeing someone who posted a story about vampires! We definitely don't want to stifle your creativity in this endeavor, so pursue whatever you wish to write (as long as it conforms to forums rules regarding content).

I look forward to reading your story and seeing you in-game! Again, welcome to Conquest of the Horde!
Many thanks for the quick approval, Piroska! I actually checked the rules and everything the night I submitted my introduction, so I'm pretty sure I have everything covered.

Oh, I was actually wondering what some people meant when they were talking about the rolls; thank you for clearing it up without my having to do the asking!

Excellent! I actually write fiction as it is, just a hobby at the moment (though all authors dream of a published novel!). I think I'll drag something from the depths of my archives and polish it up before I add it to here though; can't be having a shoddy piece up for all to see!

Again, thanks for the approval.

Cheers,
Cefor