Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Talusmouse`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm a noob to game role playing though I have rped on boards for other genres but never in game. I love the lore of WoW though the different parts that argue with each other are very annoying. I enjoy role playing with pretty much anyone but I can't stand people who don't put disriptions in their role playing.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from America land of lawsuits and stupidity it seems, and I live in upstate New York where it is too hot. I speak english.. barely...

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Played Warcraft 3 and have been hooked on the series since. My friend got WoW and showed me it and that was the first paid MMORPG I played. I love the Warcraft RTS series since they took races everyone loved and made an excellent story with them, so WoW was something I just had to try.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I wanted to try role playing in WoW agian. I tried it nce but seemed to loose intrest after I saw what actually happened on the server. Thought I'd give it a shot on a private server recently so here I am.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Haven't really fond my niche though I'm willing to try anything. I did traveling and goal oreintated role playing before and I seemed okay with it I really need help battling though.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Draenai or Blood Elves. Can't decide though when worgens come out they might be my new favorite. I like them because they all have real issues, addiction, nomads looking for a home, cursed looking for a cure. I'm such a charity case. Classes like most but favorite is warrior, paladin, and shaman. Warrior because then can pretty much use all the weapon in the game reminding me of a mercenary, Paladins because being the good guy is always a bonus, and shamans because windfury rules!

What are your expectations of this server?:
I really don't have any. I just want to role play, and improve on the role playing that I already can. I'd guess I would like to see some actual role playing rather than the B******ized version i see on retail.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The lore one. Gotta love people who have no idea what their talking about. I had a huge argument with people on retail when they did not know th most basic lore.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(I will complete this later)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I hate people who camp corpses, and whotr to attack someone just walking around. Unless your a rogue assassination is your thng keep at it
and my speeling is horrible!!
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Talusmouse! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

First off, thank you for taking the time and effort to make a more thorough introduction. This is much better than the original and meets our requirements!

Roleplaying in World of Warcraft is fairly similar to pen and paper or dice-based roleplay. I find that it's both helpful and restrictive. It's great, because you have a visual representation of your character and actions, so it is able of facilitating roleplay. It's hurtful, because I've found World of Warcraft pretty limited in what you can do when compared to other MMORPGs that I've played (particularly Ultima Online). As a result, people occasionally adopt this perception of roleplay in which they won't pursue story arcs or even concepts unless it can be physically portrayed in the game.

Fortunately, as I love pointing out, Conquest of the Horde is fairly unique in that it's a server that it truly and absolutely dedicated to the Warcraft roleplayer. Our emphasis is roleplay and roleplay first (well, in addition to having fun!), so you're guaranteed to have a better experience on this server than on Blizzard's retail RP realms if roleplay is your focus. Every member of the community has joined in order to roleplay, so it's great to find so many like-minded people; plus each person has a different focus or preference, which means that there's a lot of variety to hopefully fulfill everyone's needs!

Again, welcome to the server and thank you!