Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Grayl`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm an avid PC gamer, first and foremost, and I love the good old classic games like Half-Life or Morrowind. I'm a team player, and I play to have fun without ruining other people's fun. I love co-op play, and I obviously love role-playing. I prefer fast action-style games to slow RPGs, hence why I prefer classes like Rogue on World of Warcraft, and I'm very polite to other people when gaming. I try to help others as best I can, as long as I continue to have fun in process!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from the UK, and I speak English. Nothing more, nothing less.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My first introduction into Warcraft was Warcraft III. I was looking for good RTS games and Warcraft III got awesome reviews. I enjoyed the game, but I absolutely loved the story. The campaign really stuck out in my mind, as you got to watch Arthas go from paladin to death-knight. I also got the expansion pack, and when I heard about WoW, I was overly-excited. I'd never played an MMORPG before WoW, and I ended up really enjoying it. Like I said, though, the story is what interests me the most. I haven't played WoW properly in a year or two but I still try to keep myself updated on the story.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
The strict RP rules. I tried the WoW RP servers and found that the “best” roleplayers on there were too few and far between. I didn't care for anyone other than the people who truly loved roleplaying, and all the random idiots you generally find on MMORPGs were too much of a nuisance to just ignore.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Absolutely any sort, really. I've mostly done relaxing roleplay, but I enjoy any sort. The deep, thriving stories are just as much fun for me as sitting in a tavern and talking about how smelly the Forsaken are.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Blood-elf rogue. I like the arrogance of the blood-elves, and I tend to enjoy roleplaying the most bitter of characters than anything else. And I like rogue because it's the fastest paced class on the game, with the combat being the most fun for me.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I only expect to be able to get some good roleplaying in with some nice people when I have the time. That and I expect to be able to do the standard leveling up I enjoy oh so much on WoW.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Heh, the keyboard rules probably. I know that not everyone can type as well as others, but I've typed in full grammar and tried my best to spell since I started roleplaying. It makes it seem more like a book, and if everyone in books strted speakin lyk dis u'd get rlly annoyd.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Danos fell to his knees, head in hands. Everything he'd fought for, everything he'd done... for nothing. His years of struggling against impossible odds, his hours of studying and his months of training... all turned to nothing. How was he supposed to fight for the Light when it did nothing but hinder him?

Dwarves are supposed to be strong, he thought. Dwarves are meant to keep fighting against any odds, axe in one hand and a hammer in the other. Dwarves are meant to charge into battle with the Light as their ally, helping them strike down all evil. But this time, the Light had forsaken him.

Was it all a test? Danos couldn't think straight; all he cared about was finding who killed his family, regardless of how the Light would respond. If everything he'd done in his life was just a test of worth, then the Light would surely forgive him for murdering the person that had done this.

Danos threw down his war-hammer. He walked through the blood of his family to his bedroom, trying not to look into their cold, dead faces. He grabbed his chest from under his bed and ripped off the lock. He took out the dagger, and held it to the window. The sun barely made the dark blade even shimmer, and the red aura started irradiating once again from the dagger.

It felt good to feel it again. It felt good to know what he was about to do with this blade. The voices were there again... Danos could hear them speaking out to him. They were only speaking two words, but they were so quiet.

“Who... who killed them, blade? Who was the murderer? Who deserves to have you plunged into their hearts? Who...?!”

The voices slowly started forming real words. It got louder, and louder, and louder until it was shouting in his mind. The words were almost clear, and Danos knew what he had to do.

“Who did it!? I command you! Tell me! I pledge myself to your services, dark blade. Just tell me who killed my family! NOW!”

“Your.... brother.”

Danos stopped thinking. He stopped breathing. Everything around him stopped... he should've seen it. He saw the signs, but he did nothing. Danos knew what the blade could do to someone without even touching it. He knew his brother could hear the voices, telling him to kill. He just didn't want to believe it, and now his life is nothing. His entire family are gone, all because of ignorance.

Danos didn't blame the blade. He blamed himself. A cursed weapon will do what it will do, but a dwarf? Anything is possible when a dwarf is given the right reward. Danos sheathed the blade, walked downstairs and back outside, and started following the footsteps of his brother.

Danos' life had not turned out how he imagined. The last thing he thought he'd have to do was now his top priority.

For the good of all dwarves, Danos has to kill his brother.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
If I'm allowed to join your server, I enjoy playing characters that are... not very nice? That's not to say that I'll be mean to people, it's just that my characters tend to be very arrogant and very impatient. I'm too polite in my real-life, so I enjoy being the opposite of myself when I roleplay. My question really is... will people take it personally when my characters insult them? I'll gladly apologise OOC if I upset anyone, but it's really just a way that some of my characters let off steam.

Also, am I expected to become a grunt after a month of playing? I do play quite often, but I like to play whenever I feel like it rather than when I'm meant to. I also tend to stay away from forums, but I don't mind posting every now and then. I'm just wondering if it's an absolute requirement to be really committed to posting comments in the forum or playing for a certain amount every week?

Lastly, I don't know if I just missed this in the FAQ/Wiki or the stickies, but how many characters am I allowed to make if I get accepted? I'm happy with just one, but I do sometimes enjoy switching between two or three different characters with different personalities/classes. Is that a problem?

Oh yeah, and thanks very much for reading my intro!
Hello and welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Grayl!

Remember to read our rules and policies if you haven't done so already - or if you ever feel like you've forgotten any of them! We also have a lot of various guides right here that you might find helpful if issues of that kind ever arise. :3 And if you've got any questions or need help with anything, feel free to ask around! Finally, do not forget to /join chat for OOC chatter and communication when you log on!

Now, to answer your questions! Playing mean characters... Don't worry about it. People are expected to be able to separate IC from OOC well and should -never- take the way your -character- acts as an OOC insult.

When we look at the grunt questionnaires players submit we always check their activity. Posting on the forums is not -required-, definitely not. It's your choice, heh. However, I do believe that it makes it somewhat easier for us to form an opinion when it comes to activity. You should not let this questionable fact force you to do anything, though! I might be wrong, too.

As for characters, I do not believe there is a limit. Don't forget that you can get a second account, too! A lot of people have them, since sometimes ten characters aren't really enough for your creativity to flow freely! :3

Have fun! :>
~Dilnikas
Thanks very much Dilly for accepting me and answering my questions.

I guess I'm off to play on the server.

I hope to see you in-game!