Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: MadOrse`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, I'm a 7 month old RP'er currently playing on the retail server Steamweedle Chartel. 7 months isn't very much time but I look at myself as a OK RP'er. My writing may not be perfect all the time (as I sometimes hit "Enter" to fast without checking the spelling :P) and my dictionary may not be as wide as the really experienced players but I know the rules and I concider myself as fair and mature. Sure sometimes I get into OOC dramas when I think another player is acting wrong or unrealistic (When maybe I try to swim away from a guard in Stormwind canals and he swims after me in his plate armor). I know this is a weakness and i shouldn't put to much weight on those things. I'm still trying to improve with which I hope this server will help me.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm currently living in Sweden and swedish is of course my primary language. I'm not having any serious problems with english though. Some grammar misstakes maybe but nothing obvious.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I started to play World of Warcraft about 3 ½ years ago when a friend of mine showed it to me. Shortly after my mother bought if for me and I began to do the normal stuff, questing, PvP, dungeons etc. But one day when the daylies became to much and raiding Naxx wasn't that much fun anymore I started to walk around Azeroth doing low level quest. I checked the Actionhouse and got some kind of adventurer outfit with which I explored the world from the back on my mammoth. But I was mostly alone with it. Everyone raided or PvP'ed so I began to search the internet for similiar players and discovered RP. I've never really played the older Warcraft series and some of my lore may be a bit rusty even though I'm trying to fix that on WoWwiki at the moment.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Shortly, a friend told me about it, same who introduced me to WoW and who I in my turn introduced to RP. I thought RP on a private server might me better then the one on my retail server which sadly is quite full of anti-RP'ers or just really bad ones. I'm hoping for a restart on this server but I've never really looked for any others. This one seemed so good that I though it wasn't necessary ^^

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm quite a random RP'er who can melt into the most situtations and events. But of course I got some favorites. Currently I'm doing criminal RP which is alot of fun as it contains alot of excitement. But also just to meat up with your gang or whatever you're in and just talk and plot is also great fun. The freedom of an bandit also really appeals to me. Nothing to limit them, not even laws. BUT of course I'm willingly sitting of my time in jail if I get caught. I wouldn't complain about being arrested aslong it's done in a proper way. I'm of course even prepared to get executed if my crimes really were that bad.
But yeh, criminal or military RP is the ones I like most.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorites race and class is easy dwarf hunter or human rogue. Dwarfs are my favorite fantasy race overall so it's maybe not that odd that I like to play them. Their lore and lack of any specific strong religion in the society appeals to me very well. I mostly look at religion as something that limits your characters freedom so therefor I often choose a race with which I can act in a way I like, therefor humans are also pretty high in my RP racelist. But if I get approved to CotH I think I'll create a troll. I want to test some Horde RP and must therefor choose another race and trolls seems to be the best choice in my oppinion. Can't really explain why... I just like them over the other Horde races, except Taurens! But taurens didn't really seem to fit a life as a bandit.

When doing RP I rarhter choose hunter, warrior or rogue. Rogue mostly because some of their skills are cool and I like the stealthy way they get to their goals. Huntres mostly for the same reason as ranged weapons is far better then anything else. A bow is very good for stealthy and surprising attacks. And that hunters can use mail is also an important factor. Warriors I like mainly for their wide choice on weapons and armour. They can pretty much use everything. And as I mentioned earlier I like to have some space to work in with my chars with so few limits as possible. Those three classes are really good for that aswell. No religion or other beliefs that I don't want them to have.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Well... To be greeted in a friendly way by other players who accually think befor they call someone "noob". Also hoping for a fresh start with a new character with which I hope I'll succeed. I expect most players to act in an mature way IC but of course not all dead serious, both IC and OOC. RP is supposed to be fun after all.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
One thing that's always frustrated me is how those "heroes" think they're able to do anything they like. I'm glad about the part where you advice people not to take and to big roles. RP needs some common men and woman to work.
And of course the rule about respecting other players IC is great. Shouldn't really have to be a rule, people should know that by themselves.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
No story yett I'm afraid. First of all I need to select my race for sure and look around alittle befor I decide my role which of course will change my history. So nothing yett but it will come.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nope, nothing that I can come to think of at the moment.
Hello and welcome to Conquest of the Horde, MadOrse!

Remember to read our rules and policies if you haven't done so already - or if you ever feel like you've forgotten any of them! We also have a lot of various guides right here that you might find helpful if issues of that kind ever arise. :3 And if you've got any questions or need help with anything, feel free to ask around! Finally, do not forget to /join chat for OOC chatter and communication when you log on!

Have fun! :>
~Dilnikas