Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Lose the bones on Forsaken!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm sorry, but I just HAD to post it, I've been looking for it for a week!

Here are the "new" forsaken models files without bones and with complete armor, aka the chinese models.

Regular Undead Male -> Chinese Undead Male
http://rapidshare.com/files/47723722/patch-M.mpq.html

Regular Undead Female -> Chinese Undead Female
http://rapidshare.com/files/47724778/patch-F.mpq.html

Screen:
[Image: Undeads.jpg?t=1186585873]
I wish we could have both. I like the bones, but I don't think they should be forced to have bones. Do any of the other models look different?
I'm going to guess that they do not. The Forsaken are unique because the Chinese government felt that it wasn't appropriate for the bones to be showing. According to Wikipedia:
Quote:The Chinese government and NetEase, the licensee for World of Warcraft in China, have imposed a modification on Chinese versions of the game which places flesh on bare-boned skeletons and transforms dead character corpses into tidy graves. These changes were imposed by the Chinese government in an attempt to "promote a healthy and harmonious online game environment" in World of Warcraft.
To my knowledge, these are the only differences.
I know that the abominations look darn silly, what with the patches over their bellies.

It really makes you wonder what stuff like Marrowgar would look like.
Umm... I've run into a little problem here...

I got the download, but how to actually put it in the game? -_-

Using some program?
Kenert Wrote:Umm... I've run into a little problem here...

I got the download, but how to actually put it in the game? -_-

Using some program?

Go to your World of Warcraft folder, in computer files. Open it and go to the data folder.

Move the files into that folder. Make sure the name of the file is patch- followed by a letter or number next to it, such as

patch-M.MPQ

Good to go.
I wouldn't suggest using this patch for WoW, some item models for the undead are glitched and won't show properly when using that mod.
Makes me wish we could mix-match. Keep the bones for anything exposing them (short sleeves and the like) and have robes and armor be complete looking.
simianthief Wrote:Makes me wish we could mix-match. Keep the bones for anything exposing them (short sleeves and the like) and have robes and armor be complete looking.

I definitely agree with you. I find it silly to think that an undead person would purposely rip their robes or fit their armor to expose the rotten bones that they have.

Edit: An added note is how the sleeve even stays there once ripped from the main part of the robe!
As I got to agree on disliking the bones as they are now, I still think that coverup ruins the whole undead feel and make them way too human and alive.
ptdapen Wrote:
simianthief Wrote:I find it silly to think that an undead person would purposely rip their robes or fit their armor to expose the rotten bones that they have.
I always just assumed that the tears in the clothing were to indicate that it was torn the same time that the rends in their flesh happened. I've never thought it this way!