Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: DylanBean227`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I don't know if I should do this, IC, or OOC, so I will do a little of both, in real life, as a human, I am a 14 year old white caucasian male, who enjoys vigorous roleplaying, I have tried Blizzard's RP servers, but nobody every stayed in character. Now for IC. I be a Dwarven Paladin, who loves helping others, as best I can, and I love nothing more than pint 'o whiskey, and a hammer with which to smash things.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
The United States Of America, my primary language, is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I started playing the original RTS titles, when my Dad would bring them home (We both play WoW now), and about November, my dad, and I both decided to start playing WoW.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I will go ahead and answer both question.
Q :"What made you seek our servers over others?" A: There are more than just this server, that RP?
Q: "How did you find us?"
A: I found you through the awesome power of http://www.Google.com

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy a good action adventure, but then again sometimes, I enjoy heading to the Tavern, and enjoyin' me a good ol' pint of whiskey.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Ah... This one is going to be hard. I will answer for both factions.
Horde: Bloodelf Paladin, because I personally think Bloodelves look cool, and they have the Arcane Torrent racial ability, which comes in handy when you're a low level Tank, and you run out of mana.

Alliance: Dwarf Paladin, because Dwarves have the mace specialization, which is good for a low-level Retribution Paladin.

What are your expectations of this server?:
A nice community, in which I can rp freely without being, harrassed or heckled by my fellow players.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Tolerance. I believe everyone should be treated equal, and generally have an open-mind.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
"Toss me a pint, me friend", I said calmly, only to look up and see the barkeep, was being eaten alive, by what appeared to be a mix, of a Succubus, and a Minotaur, quickly I pulled out my trusty hammer, Groknik, and began smiting, suddenly I was approached from behind, by a demon lord, who spoke to me, and said, "My name is Mal'Ganis, if you just let me...", and with that I brought judgement upon him, and stole his... pants.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Yes! I really am only 14!
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, DylanBean! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Make sure to /join chat in-order to join our global OOC channel in-game.

And, believe it or not, there are a number of other private World of Warcraft roleplaying servers! We actually maintain an article on the wiki that provides links to them. I think that I am lucky in that I've never roleplayed on any other private servers; while I'm certain that other servers do have redeeming qualities and equally wonderful communities, I have heard a number of horror stories in the past, particularly from introductions that I've approved! It always makes me feel thankful that I stumbled across Conquest of the Horde all of those months ago.

And I think it's awesome how World of Warcraft can be a family pursuit. I originally got involved with the game because one of my brothers somehow acquired an account during the closed beta testing for the original game; all four of us played up into The Burning Crusade. Currently, my boyfriend plays as well (we actually met on the game, which can sound a bit odd!), though he thoroughly dislikes roleplaying. Can we expect to see your father's introduction in the near future?

I've found that age is generally a poor way of gauging one's suitability or maturity. More often than not, the ones that act in the most horrendous manner are adults, which always (always, always, always) shocks me! In fact, one of the most mature people that I know and someone with whom I've been friends with for well over a year now is a teenager. I believe that he was also fourteen when we met; I even dragged him to Conquest of the Horde when I made the original leap to private servers. As a result (and having looked over your introduction) I foresee absolutely no problems with your age in the future.

Again, welcome to Conquest of the Horde!