Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: slyd0g24`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm more of the laid back raiding fun types. I've been playing WoW for some time now ever since Wow started really. I'm 22 and work mainly the swing shift so i'm mainly playing in the mornings or I'm fishing, hunting, or airsofting.
I'm engaged to a woman that understands the addiction to wow and tells me "It's alright to play but how can you play for so long!?" and yes I have been trying to get her to play. I wanna get into some pvp and see if i can get better and maybe really sharp.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from United States, Oregon, just a little ways from Portland in Beaverton with a Portland address though. I speak only English but I do have a translator on my Android mobile phone if it means anything. = )

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I started with EverQuest and then worked my way up to Wow when a friend referred me.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I was looking at private servers on you tube and stumbled across some of your server videos. So this is my first time seeking out a private server and it seems that your server seems pretty nice compared to others.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I find that relaxing role-play fits me mostly but i do like the occasional action and danger role-play.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite used to be the tauren druid but i switched to and class and warrior unless I find anything else appealing. I enjoyed the druids variable game play from healing to tanking compared to just one class really. With the warriors I was upset cause i couldn't tank until i got some sleep and worked with the skills and figured it out and then now I find tanking on a warrior to be outstandingly fun.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm just looking for a fun friendly server with some great pvp and now and then with some help along the way. Oh and some activity would be nice and when I say activity I mean seeing other players online every now and then.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The rules that really stand out for me is Maturity and Respect just for the fact that I've ran into a lot a kids that find threatening me when I pull aggro a great solution to have me toning it down a notch. I believe your server will enforce the rules and will keep it a fun friendly server.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Theirs a new airsoft field in town I want to try and bring my gaming skills to life. Thinking if I'm really good on call of duty then this should be a breeze and maybe people will invite me to a team!. I entered the shop out front of the field and noticed everyone in camo except me in my black jeans and hoody. Well at least I don't have a plastic flimsy gun.
I started my first game which was a Deathmatch, everyone has one live and no re-spawns. The run blows his whistle and I race up the center holding my MP5 up shooting aimlessly to the other team also rushing center. I try showing off by sliding behind a pallet while shooting till I find myself under heavy fire behind a chewed up pallet. I peek around the bottom with my red dot and spot and opposing team member shooting over my head at a teammate not noticing me setting my red dot scope on his chest. He yells "I'm out! I'm out!" as i set an auto burst into his chest. I ran to his position and come around a corner to the enemy's re-spawn. I cant find anymore of them as I rubber neck around the field. I slowly walk around the corner to hearing a SNAP! and my chin started burning. I looked to my bottom left and see what looks like a ten year old girl sitting there just waiting for me, I never saw it coming... "OUT!" as i raise my mp5 above my head. Tactics is a trail by error that in some cases a error can cost you the game or your life. For me it was just a small peace of skin on my chin.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I can't wait and look forward to making friends on your server = )
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Slyd0g! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Make sure to /join chat in-order to join our global OOC channel in-game.

I find that feeding a Warcraft addiction is easier when your significant other not only understands but also suffers from the same addiction. I guess that that is why my relationship with my boyfriend works so well; not only are we both gamers, but we actually first met a few years back while participating in the same raid!

I've heard stories of friends who got their girlfriends and spouses involved in the game by asking them to create a character and then giving them a handful of gold for the Auction House. While dressing up my character wouldn't appeal to me personally, I have heard that it can be rather successful. Have you tried just that?

Warrior tanking is a blast. It's engaging. I have both a level 80 Protection warrior and a level 80 Feral druid on retail; I find that while I adore Feral DPS so much (I love priority-based systems that require you to think), tanking as a druid is boring. When tanking groups I mainly Swipe and Maul; when tanking an individual mob, I mainly Maul, Lacerate, and Mangle. This totally different from warrior tanking, which requires so many more buttons to achieve the same result.

We can't wait until you log in and start making friends on Conquest of the Horde. Welcome aboard!