Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Cannot Validate Game Version (3.0.5/12340)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a problem that deals with validating my current patch. After investigating, I have found evidence that may indicate that the problem relies with patching slightly above what we have right now. If you'll please view the picture below, particularly the ones highlighted in pink, it may help explain my dilemma.

[Image: CothProblem1.jpg]

As you can see, there are minor differences, but differences nonetheless. If you'd please take a look at the picture below, I wish to explain upon further inspection.

[Image: CotHProblem2.jpg]

Now, as you can see, very few patches patch up from builds. I suspect that this is a significant build that has caused my version of WoW to be incompatible with the server. I have reinstalled WoW entirely and deleted my cache afterwards. My realmlist and patchlist is correct. Before I uninstalled I had the same problem, and it worked fine when my brothers' friend played on another private server. I have a few questions for the people who are reading:

Do you have the same issue, or is it working just dandy regardless to the higher build? This would indicate whether or not the patch is the problem.

If this is an issue, how did you solve it? This would help correct this quandary so I can continue my RolePlaying experience and help keep people interested in the server.

Thank you in advance.
It looks as if you've patched too high, m'afraid.

The build the server supports is 12213, yours is 12340, as indicated in the first screenshot. Your only solution is downpatching. Whilst I'm not very sure how to do this, I'm pretty sure it's in a sticky in this forum. Or if you just search 'downpatching' or something similar, you should get some results.
Awesome, thank you Hawk, I will do that right away. I'm glad that my suspections were correct and this wasn't some other odd case. I appreciate your response.

Quote:[The] specific file that you remove is patch.MPQ, which is found in your World of Warcraft\Data\ folder. Once that is removed, you run the repair application. Once it starts, it'll mention that the game will have to be patched to work again. Once the repair is done, you either manually patch up to the current patch or you just let it patch and then stop it when it reaches the appropriate patch.

http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/forum/...25#p117425

For anyone else who has this problem.

Just for a note, when you run repair, do both checking and reset. I tried doing just reset, and it did not give the intended results.

Works like a charm.