Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Shiv`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I have been playing this game for five years now, I got it the first day it came out, and from the moment I started the whole Role-playing aspect of it really caught my attention.
Like many people, I love action role-play, I like the intensity of it, and the heated debates and quick thinking part of it. Although more calm and relaxed moments are also nice, being able to talk to in-character friends and develop a more in-depth story to go with my character.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I live in the United States, California, and English is my only language. But I am only 17, so although I may think I'm perfect at everything I still make typos and don't know how to spell some words.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
When I was younger, I went to this sort of summer camp, they had a gym and computers there. But the thing I looked forward o everyday when going there was going to the "Computer Lab" so I could play Warcraft II with all my friends. My intense interest with this game and it's creator, Blizzard, lead me to start following them and see what new games they were coming out with. Then the day came when I heard of the release of World of Warcraft, I was so excited for it, and that is how I began playing this game.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Well I must admit, it takes an honestly devoted server to screen people before you let them come and role-play on your server. Even if I don't get in the first try, I have to say that I will at least be supporting this server from the forums.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
To me too many people is never enough! The more people the better I say, because with more people comes more opinions and more ideas to contribute to the story. But as far as what style I like, well I'd have to say that I would be up for almost anything, and I'm willing to try anything at least once. Right now I'm trying to take it a little bit more slowly, and try and do some more calm and relaxing role-play, possibly try a romantic story line.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Well, on past servers I've been forced to role-play as a Blood Elf, just because that is the only race that the community seemed to accept, but one race/class combination I've always wanted to try is a Troll Hunter, just because I find their whole tribal theme, and speech cool.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I am a realist, but I try to be optimistic. I'm hoping that this server is filled with people around my level of speech, some worse, some better, people aren't perfect. The people that are not as refined as myself or others are teachable, and the ones that are better than myself I can learn from. I hope that this server is supporting of everyone and their styles, and I hope to find a rather, expanded world (for lack of better words.)

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect -
On past servers all I have seen is new players trying to figure out where things are and how to do things, and then they immediately get trolled by somebody who has been on the server for awhile and knows what they are doing. I hate trolling, it is un-necessary, un-helpful, and un-productive.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/forum/...19&t=21318

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I would like to ask what happens when I log onto the server.
-Is it instant 80?
-Do you have your own form of currency in place?
-Is there some sort of place when someone can go to get a basic starting set of armor/weapon?

Thank you,
~ Shiv

[Edit: Added a link to a story I wrote.]
Welcome! Make sure you familiarize yourself with the rules, policies, and Frequently Asked Questions. Also, take time to explore the site and wiki! You'll be glad you did!

In response to your question, this is a partially instant 80. A player must be playing on the server actively for a month and have one approved character before they're bumped up to 'Grunt' status, and every approved character profile they have, they get the character bumped to 80. Not all of them, mind you, just the ones with profiles on the Wiki. We have our own IC currency item but it's hardly in use. It's there though! Also going to Warsong Gulch by portal in any major city will take you to our Item Mall, which is an OOC zone.