Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Rebente`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hello, I have been playing MMORPGs for a long time time, close to a decade I'd say, and I feel that I have grown out of hacking and slashing away at monters or repeating the same game content over and over again while the role-play element seems ever so elusive in so many games. What I have always missed is the people. And by that I mean their creativity, their unique contribution to the experience of gaming, more so than it is possible by partying and just chatting away in the meanwhile.
I would like to become attached to this community, and the players, and their ideas, and what more could help me dwelve into this fictive world of the developers personalized by the players than role-playing itself.
So what I am looking for in this game is exactly what makes this server special: role-play.
I hope I can join.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from Hungary, and my primary language is Hungarian.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
To be honest this is the first time I am actually trying Warcraft, although I have been reading the lore for three hours now ever since I started downloading (obviously without some knowledge of lore I'd be hard-pressed to fit in a role-playing community). Among others I had been playing Lineage 2 for a few years, and since playing two games for the same purpose; hack and slash seemed redundant, I didn't feel like immersing myself in another RPG. But now seeing as there is more to it on your server, I'd be very pleased to join.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Nothing more than what I have already stated. To find a satisfying role-play experience and to be able to enjoy not only the game content but also the companionship provided by a creative and interesting community.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I am not really picky about this. As long as there are people, and I can be a part of role-playing, I would adapt to circumstances as much as I can. It is not really a peculiar situation or action itself, but rather the atmosphere that I am looking forward to.
However, if I had to pick one anyways, I would say crowd, or pair role-play, and a supportive character are my style.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
With my (yet) limited understanding of the game mechanics, I would say I am intrigued by a human mage. Humans in general are my race of choice since they are what I am in reality; flawed, average, strongly dependant on each other, and yet ever so willing to overcome their limitations and hone their skills to perfection. I value this attitude above all else.
As for the mage; it might sound strange because it is not as supportive as one might expect reading my previous paragraph. And yet it is from a role-playing perspective. The wisdom, the raw knowledge, the role of an enlightened guide is exactly what I seek as supportive contribution. Among the mage talents, the fire talent tree seems very attractive as fire sybolizes the known, the safe, and light, which is a great instrument in protecting others, showing the way to the estranged, and dispelling darkness.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Nothing more than what I have already stated. To find a satisfying role-play experience and to be able to enjoy not only the game content but also the companionship provided by a creative and interesting community.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Probably the point about Humility. I think that one's personal story is truly existent as long as it is known by others and acknowledged, or perceived. And this is true for everybody. Our tales are born among ourselves, so we cannot try to be individual heroes, but rather equal parts of a story, and I believe it is important to be conscious about this and to express our mutual concern. Otherwise, our tales would remain silent and lonely, not to mention boring.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I would like to postpone writing this part, as i would like to hone my skills ingame first. However, I believe my usual style and story-telling capability (if it exists at all) does radiate through the above paragraphs, from which my story-telling skills can be judged.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
No, I think I am ready to face jurisdiction.
Welcome! Make sure you familiarize yourself with the rules, policies, and Frequently Asked Questions. Also, take time to explore the site and wiki! You'll be glad you did!

I'd also suggest having a look at the guides on the level of spelling and grammar expected on the server here.