Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Falgnar`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm not always sure how to put these things. I've been roleplaying for several years, and I always try to make the experience fun for everyone involved with my characters. I'm an avid writer and work hard to make my literary and roleplaying endeavors worthwhile, because nobody likes to be bored or end up having something dragged out longer or to more ridiculous levels than it has to be. My writing style is concise, but not too concise. I rely on short emotes mixed with dialogue and actions to bring about a sense of verisimilitude for my character. Realism isn't always a must, but it always helps.

I'm generally good to get along with, don't hold grudges, and try to be as understanding as possible to the needs of the other roleplayers around me.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from the United States, and English is my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A friend of mine had been into WoW longer than I had, and I met him freshman year of High School. He turned me onto it just about the time that Burning Crusade was about halfway through and WotLK was getting rumors and news out.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I was searching for a roleplay server where I'd be free to make characters that I would enjoy playing. On another server that will not be named, I felt limited and kind of oppressed, even though I had befriended a GM. (Said GM was punished for being so helpful to my guild and I, because he apparently broke some unwritten law regarding stringing up a few festive lights.) This mostly turned me off of the server, though I still participate to some degree as to not abandon my guild which I've worked so hard for.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Anything. Versatility is a massive part of my roleplaying. I can go adventuring, brawling, sneaking about, or I can serve drinks in an inn and chat up the locals. Anything in-between as well. I'm not picky, and I'm equally capable across the board.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Draenei for race. I just find their culture, their accents, their design, and their unique abilities incredibly fascinating.

As for a Class... A Mage always suited me well, and a Priest. It's hard to decide between the two, because I love a character that can save the lives of others and be pious without being a plate-weighted nutter, and I also like the idea of, to quote Aladdin, "Phenomenal Cosmic Power" all packed up in a cloth-wearing wide-eyed Mage.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Well, after reading around a bit, everything looks professional on the surface and I like the way things are run. My expectations are as simple as hoping that the server isn't a place fraught with "lolbubblehearth" and random slaughter by people that like to ruin a good time.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
It's so hard to decide! From respect to maturity to keyboarding skills, they all strike me as excellent as they are necessary to make a server great.

I suppose the one that appeals to me most is respect. Respect on the whole is extremely important to me, because there's nothing worse than being shouted down by some immature and angry person in /1 who doesn't like to lose, or being looked down upon for being new, or anything to that degree.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(Oh boy. Here's hoping. I picked a sadly uncreative day to approach this.)

There would be no show tonight. Lying in the dirt, face covered in carbon dust and gunpowder residue and soot, one arm broken and gray eyes turned skyward, a young man watched the stars with insurmountable envy.
“A show every night,” he groaned, sitting up and wincing at the pain rushing up his splintered appendage, “for the past fourteen billion years. Fourteen billion years with absolutely no competition.”
Florence Flint was a man who had a mighty thirst for competition, and a reckless abandon for modern conventions of such trite things as “safety” and “law” and “humanity.” That is not to say that he was heartless, nor a criminal. Only dangerous by his own design, and in that same vein, often the target of his own experiments. On the night that he accused the stars of showboating for the extent of history, he had finally accomplished something that could only be described as magical. Well, “magical,” or “a brutal slap in the face to the second law of thermodynamics, the laws of gravity, and the law of conservation of mass.”
As the shattered bones in his arm elastically spun back together and locked into place with startling efficiency, he coughed and scratched his lower back. He was shirtless and pale, no sign of muscle tone and a slight potbelly, but around him coursed a visible aura of this “magical,” or “physics-insulting” energy. If it weren't for this glow, he would be entirely unremarkable, and even with it, he remained less attractive than the average male his age.
“Augh, what did I do?” He shakily returned to the half-destroyed control panel where he had previously been working. Chemicals were spilled over most every surface of it, and the one screen that remained on simply flashed, “Critical Error, Power Disconnected,” with a smaller window on top of it, reading, “Critical Warning, Unable to disconnect power.”
He eyed it with a heavy frown. “Uh-huh.” As he motioned toward the control panel to flip a power switch, he noticed bits and pieces of destroyed console flipping over themselves and rearranging into their original order. The aura surrounding him lashed out in tiny bursts, turning the pieces and seeming to seal them back together perfectly.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I just hope that I'm accepted in. This really seems like a quality server, and I'd love to take part.

Thanks for the time taken to read all of this.
Welcome! Make sure you familiarize yourself with the rules, policies, and Frequently Asked Questions. Also, take time to explore the site and wiki! You'll be glad you did!

I'd also suggest having a look at the guides on the level of spelling and grammar expected on the server here.