Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Dalvard`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I've been rp'ing table-top games such as Dungeons & Dragons since the early 1980's. I'm a professional puppetier in real life, working with hand puppets. I also do live theatre... I love being on stage. Role play is something that I really enjoy, and something that I don't take too serioiusly. After all - it's only a game, and games should be fun. When it stops being fun, I'm gone.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm in the USA, South Eastern United States, Alabama specifically. I speak English (though being from the South some might disagree)

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I was playing on the free UO private server scene, when my close friend started playing WoW. All I needed was one look, and I was hooked - I just needed the computer to handle it :<P

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I enjoy WoW on the pay server scene, but even on the servers they designate as RP, I didn't see much going on. When it did, it was folks who really didn't enjoy it, trying to give it a go because their "usual" server was down for maitenence or whatever. I miss the RP from my UO days, and thought that with the many private WoW servers out there, surely there would be one that focused on RP. so I hit up a "top list" and the rest is history.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy it all. I've RP'd all evening just sitting in a tavern, but I've also done the action/danger and whatever else. If the situation fits the character, then that's all it takes.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Race wise, I'm not partial to one over another. Class wise, I feel I "play" the melee class better than ranged.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Fun. Not much more to be said. I want to have a fun time when I log in. I want to actually get to role play, something I don't do on the pay servers. I suppose I expect it to be active when I want to log in. However, "life happens" as I like to say, and many times, beyond our control. So, sever downtime is a given - but hopefully to a minimum

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Basically, your entire rule set is worthy of some praise here. Too many online gamers take their games too seriously. As I said before, it's only a game, and games should be fun. You do a very good job with your various RP rules too. Again, it's only a game - so don't take it too seriously.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Dalvard Hardnast here, sitting down with quill to parchment, to write a bit about myself for the rest of the world to read. Afterthoughts tell me that I probably don't have the sort of life that folks would want to read about, but the night is long, and the tavern's ale delivery is late. I suppose I should also inform the reader that I've had my good friend Thorin Greensleeves, a Night Elf Hunter to be certain, transcribe my scribble into a legible script. He says my writing is near my speech, and I would guess that's not the best in the world. At least not to hear my Mother-in-law tell the tale.

I guess you could say that I'm on what one might call "walk about", or even "wonderlust". It's where you leave your home in search of whatever the world throws your way. Of course, I'm not out just for adventure. I've not seen too many in my life who throw it all away to just wander the world as the wind takes them from one encounter to another. I guess for me, I took the easy road out. There I said it. Do I feel better because of it? Not really, but still. I found out a few months ago that my Mother-in-law was moving in with us. Can you believe it? She's a dangerous woman that one. Knocked me over the head more than once with a frying pan, when I married her daughter. Don't laugh, my wife is quite the looker for a Dwarven lass, and I guess her mother had different ideas on who she was going to marry. Maybe she was thinking someone from Bronzebeard's Royal Court. But I do know, she didn't want her marrying the likes of me.

I've done a little bit of alot in my lifetime, and I expect my wife's getting a really good bargain with so much experience and knowledge. Well, Thorin threatened to stop transcribing my notes unless I mention here that though I have done much, I've seen that much more of the tavern and ale house. So, I enjoy a good drink after a hard days work. Is that wrong? And Thorin wants me to clarify, several good drinks after a hard days work.

Well, that's how we met, my wife and I. She was working as a barmaid. Oh, not with her mothers permisson to be sure. But they needed the money you see, after her father died in a cave-in working in a mine. Though your spirit is tied to the land after death, it will only roam the world for so long a time before it moves on to the next life. Apparently, it was newly dug shaft, and they had yet to set up any sort of portal to get in and out safely. The way the rocks fell, trying to remove them with enchantments would only increase the risk of more of the mine following suit, so they had to work their way in by hand. So, by the time they got to the miners, their spirits had already moved on. Even brought in some Druids and Priests... together they couldn't bring them back to the land of the living.

I'm not sure what got me on that little bit, but that's why my wife was working. And I come in from a hard days work, I was also working as a miner at the time, and there she was. Oh she didn't warm up to me right away, that took some time. And now that I think about it, maybe her mother didn't like the fact that I worked as a miner. Too much like her late husband? Thorin reminds me that the drinks aren't helping me endure myself to the family. Well, show me a Dwarf that doesn't enjoy a few pints... ... Ok, ok, maybe I do enjoy slightly more than a "few pints".

I guess you really don't care about my wife or my Mother-in-law. Maybe you want to hear about my exploits since I went on walkabout. Done quite a few things actually, and getting involved with the Alliance Forces is something I never thought I would do. I'm not a fighter by nature, what's the old saying... "a drinker, not a fighter"? That would be me allright. But, running into one of those Horde beasties one day, learned me that I needed to learn some new skills. So, I've been learning how to wield all sorts of weapons and wear different types of armor. And no, before you ask, I'm not going back home to see if this puts me in a more favorable light with the Mother-in-law. I know her well... she would only say that I'm putting myself in harms way and not thinking about her daughter. Well, I tend to think that it's because of her daughter that I'm learning some of this military stuff.

Now I'm not going to say that every Horde beastie is out to get us all, just as I won't say that all those within the Alliance are angels. I've met my share of fools and cuthroats over here, so I can only imagine what they're dealing with on their side. But they did manage to form up enough to come at us more than once, and they're still doing a decent job of remaining on the same page of parchment for the most part. So, I suppose that picking up an axe and some armor, is the smart thing to do. Doesn't hurt my tab either. I can get a discount if I say I'm with the Valley of the Kings outpost brigaide. Thorin wants me to make note that helping the oppressed, defending the weak so they can become strong, righting wrongs... all of that plays in there too. He refused to finish the writing if it all came down to a few mugs of ale.

What's next in the life of Dalvard Hardnast? I can't really say. Hopefully I'll get better at using these weapons, and wearing this armor. I know I'll need them when I finally go back home to the wife and Mother-in-law. I'll need to invest in a shield, so when the frying pan flies, I'll be able to deflect the blows. Except this time, I'll have two pans coming at me at once.

Oh, and Thorin asked me about the Litch King. Well, that's an interesting story all on it's own. It's not like the Horde aren't more than enough for us to deal with, now here comes this Scourge. There are times when I think about what my Mother-in-law would look like as one of them undead nasties. No, that's even too bad, even for her. I have heard though that some of us on both sides have decided to put away our differences and try to battle that Litch King together. Now if that's true, then I think that may be the only way we're going to be able to deal with him. He could be the undoing to all of us otherwise. Getting leadership on both sides to take notice of this fact... that's something that may be alot easier written down on this parchment than done in the real world.

Well, I suppose I'll close my writing now. I can see Thorin getting a cramp in his hand. Maybe I'll come back and write more later, for him to decypher into a legible text for folk to read. Until that day, I'll take a page out of his book, a saying that he says often, and I reckon it fits quite well here - Never Goodbye, Always Good Journey!

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'm not into questing/leveling on the pay servers. That's why I have so few alts. But I hope that the Role Play I can encounter here, will make what I have to do of that sort minimal discomfort. I look forward to seeing what Role Play I can get into and maybe I can help bring further fun factor to the shard, making it that much more than I'm sure it already is!!
Hello and welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Dalvard!

Remember to read our rules and policies if you haven't done so already - or if you ever feel like you've forgotten any of them! We also have a lot of various guides right here that you might find helpful if issues of that kind ever arise. :3 And if you've got any questions or need help with anything, feel free to ask around! Finally, do not forget to /join chat for OOC chatter and communication when you log on!

Have fun! :>
~Dilnikas