Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Oondivinezin`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
My real name's Ian. I'm very outspoken and enjoy talking to others. I work on computer graphics and game programming in my free time.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm in the United States. It seems pretty clear that I speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I first played the game a few years ago when it was still classic WoW, no blood elves, no draenei, no outland, etc. I played it at a friend's house on his account. I kept dying, but I enjoyed the game enough to get my own account a while back.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I heard about this private server from a friend. He tends to go by the aliases of Kaezetas, Kairyk, Axus, and Syrik. I had to find you on my own, to satisfy my craving that I have throughout the week for roleplaying.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Well, I typically enjoy any RP, but if I had to pick one, it'd be actually talking to other characters rather than getting in fights. The talking always comes first for me.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race would have to be... in particular for WoW, blood elves. When I first played Dungeons & Dragons, I had an elven crusader by the name of Oondivinezin Vadercast, who had shining green eyes. This trait was due to him being a descendant of a powerful dragon. When I first learned of blood elves in WoW, I heard they had shining green eyes, and a spiked-back hairdo (which Oondivinezin also had). In general, elves as a whole are my favorite roleplaying race, due to their ethics and morals.

My favorite class would have to be paladin. Something about knights in shining armor with a zealous attitude attracts me to this type of class, and that's how I tend to roleplay.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm hoping I'll get a lot of enjoyment out of it and see other kinds of roleplaying styles, so I can expand my knowledge.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
My favorite part of the rules is the no-nonsense attitude. I like it when officials get right down to business and don't beat around the bush. I used to be in a roleplaying community where the players moderated themselves. This ended up killing the experience for me, due to lack of actual moderation and the players being complete and utter jerks.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I haven't always been the greatest writer, so you'll have to excuse my below-average material. This came from a forum RP using the same character I intend to use on this server.

Oondiv used a Detect Thoughts spell to peer into Sphen's mind, being worried about his friend's well being...

It appeared to be a flash back, due to the sepia-colored surroundings. The sky was dark, with lightning striking about, sending thunderous roar in every direction. He appeared to be standing atop a castle, from the looks of the nearby structure, and the ground was several hundred feet down. There were two figures who stood atop the castle along with him. One appeared to be a paladin-type warrior, wearing armor that still had shine in the darkness, and a blade that glowed with light. The other wore dark armor, almost pitch-black in color, even in this sepia-colored realm, wielding a longsword and shield. It looked as if they were exchanging words with one another, but there was no sound coming from them. They both charged at one another, and began exchanging blows. The battle was fierce, but eventually, they both ended up fatally wounding one another, and they both dropped to the floor.

The next flash back, Sphen was laying in a bed, almost in a bloody pulp, covered in bandages from head to toe. His eyes were closed, and wasn't moving. He was alive, though, due to being able to see his chest moving up and down from breathing. They were in a small room, with a dresser, and Sphen's belongings on the floor, neatly together. There was a door that wasn't opened, possibly leading into another room. The door in the room opened, and a young girl and her mother stepped in. Sphen's eyes opened, and as he saw them, he gave them a smile.

A new flash back came up, with Sphen and a group of people in a small, nearly destroyed, village. Hundreds of goblin, worg, and human corpses littered the ground. Within the small group of people, Oondiv could make out a few of those he traveled with that were still among the group, and a few that had likely departed the group in some manner, whether they died or left of their own accord. The members of the group were exchanging pleasantries with one another and making small talk. It wasn't long before they started leaving the destroyed village.

The scenery changed to a harbor-type environment. Sphen, as well as many other members of the group, stood about, fending off guards from their ship. Sphen stopped fighting for a moment, and looked as if he were talking to himself. He then pulled up his sword to eye level, pointed it at a nearby group of guards that were charging toward him. The blade began to envelop in dark energy, as a blast of pure evil shot forth from the tip of the sword, mowing over the entire squad of guards. Sphen stood in place for a moment, when suddenly his body went limp and he toppled over onto the ground.

Again the scenery changed to that of a city covered in smog with rising smoke stacks. Sphen wandered through the streets, bothered by his recent actions resulting in Harry's death. He was followed by the image of the little girl, who constantly questioned him and his intentions.

Several more similar images flew by in the flash back, but each one was seen entirely, and in full detail. Sphen wandered through the gnome city alone after killing Harry, constantly followed and questioned by the first of many hallucinations to come of the little girl. The Paladin Sanctuary and his suspicions of Edward's true identity followed next. The horrifying and graphic hallucination behind the dwarf church where he witnessed the little girl slowly digesting and falling apart from the inside out in centipede juices. Discovering Edward's true identity while at the gnomish camp after returning the elf's unconscious body to the surface. The green, welcoming, misty valley that covered Sphen's view of the dark, dismal, and deadly valley of the beholders. And at last, the short lived image Sphen had seen only moments prior.

"I'm sorry, it wasn't me who was trying to draw you to the valley. Something is interfering...with..." Then her blood curdling scream as the image doubled over and vanished.

Finally, the voice within Sphen's head had discovered Oondiv was lurking about his thoughts. It shouted, "DON'T PRY INTO OTHER'S BUSINESS, YOU ARROGANT FOOL!" It then propelled Oondiv out of Sphen's mind and threw him to the ground. He then heard a faint, familiar voice plea, "Oondi... help..." He stood back up with a bewildered look on his face.

He thought to himself, "Could Sphen really be possessed by an evil force? I'm not one of the divine, so I don't have any way of knowing for sure. Maybe Fintan or Sariah could help me out later..."

He heard Kevril shouting about him cooking horse. He shouted back, "I want mine a little rare, if you don't mind!"

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Well... not really. I was in a bit of a rush to finish this introduction up, since I have a job interview very shortly. See ya.
Hello and welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Oondivinezin!

Remember to read our rules and policies if you haven't done so already - or if you ever feel like you've forgotten any of them! We also have a lot of various guides right here that you might find helpful if issues of that kind ever arise. :3 And if you've got any questions or need help with anything, feel free to ask around! Finally, do not forget to /join chat for OOC chatter and communication when you log on!

Have fun! :>
~Dilnikas
Thanks! I've read over the rules and policies a few times, but I'll be sure to read up on them again if I forget anything or if something comes up that I don't understand. I'm looking forward to all of the roleplaying we'll be doing!