Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Xeahast`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I have been playing World of Warcraft for around five years. I was a hardcore raider during Vannila, BC and LK but retired about a year ago. I enjoy the individual aspects of the game (achievements, rep grinds, soloing) as well as the group aspects (instances, raiding). I enjoy a moderate amount of PvP but it's not something I have ever wanted to fill my day with. This is my second (hopefully) entry into a more strict and structured roleplay setting, and I am looking forward to the experience. I am going to be playing here (again, hopefully) with my wife (username here "Finelle")

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born in the United States, but currently reside in Canada. English is my native and primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into Warcraft five years ago. I was very interested in the lore and soon became obsessed with the style and stories. I have played retail World of Warcraft for four of those 5 years, quitting after hardcore raiding and the progressively obnoxious and immature community finally drove me out. I have been on another private server for the past 8-9 months, but am quitting now as the RP aspect has evaporated due to server changes.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
It is my understanding that this server's primary goal is RP, which is my favorite type of private server. The server I was on prior to this one was a RP/PvP server, but the mods found it necessary to destroy our community, therefore around 90% of the server. I am impressed with your application process and the community as a whole. These are the things that brought me to CotH over the other RP servers I found.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy in-depth storylines and adventuristic roleplay as well as a tavern or inn setting. In my previous RP server, I was fairly well known as the city storyteller in Silvermoon. I would re-tell official WoW lore stories (Frozen Throne, Shifting Sands, etc.) as well as some I had written myself. I also spent some time in Blackrock Mountain in a rogue clan among other things. I plan on roleplaying with my wife as my companion on this server.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race is a human, and my favorite class is a mage. I enjoy relating to my character and knowing their health problems, anatomy, mental state and standard physical capabilities. I enjoy mages because of their excessive lore and vast capabilities, both small and large. I also have a unique magic system that I have adopted into my roleplay that works magnificently with the abilities given to mages in-game.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations of this server are a mature, competent community whose main emphasis is RP and NOT PvP. I would expect helpful, skilled mods and an equally amiable community.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The rules which most appeal to me are as follows:

"...do not make a character that is "more powerful than everyone else"...This includes claiming titles for your character that you have not earned through roleplay on this server."

This was a huge problem on the last server I played on. Everyone was a "Lord" or "Queen" or "Emperor". It gets stale REAL quick.

I also enjoy the typing skill requirement. Roleplay is always ruined "wen u type lik dis".

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
He had learned long ago that injured dogs will suppress their pain in order not to appear an easy target. The old man did this now. He walked on, his feet bound in worn leather straps attached to a wooden sole. These sandals had taken him many miles, but he could feel the heat from the scorched, forsaken earth beneath his soles and knew it was time for a new pair. He trotted along with the methodical pace of a creature who knew exactly where he was going, but was in no particular hurry to arrive, no matter how dangerous a place he might find himself in. His long, thick robes covered the wound he had suffered in the mountain pass; the soft, silken underside was now smeared with dried blood. Some had trickled down along his leg, and he could feel it sticking to the hairs of his calf. It was this way that he knew the wound had clotted, and why he could so easily ignore it. The arrow had only left a small puncture in the light garment he wore; invisible to anyone not looking for it. He did not suppress his pain, however, but instead pushed it out of his mind in a sort of meditation. Even with the crude, orcish arrowhead still in his leg, he was easily able not to limp. There would be hell to pay later for this mutiny against his mind and body, but it had to be done. He did not know if any had followed, but he knew their mountain was where the wretches were strongest, and if he did not express any affliction from that attack, they would keep their distance.
He leaned into his staff slightly, trying to keep it as discreet as possible, for although he felt no pain, his thigh was weak and had begun to shake minutely. It was long and slender, comprised of one long rod of elven yew. It was strong in physical properties, but made more adamant by experience and enchantment; an extention of its owner. The thick end plopped audibly along against the dry, dusty earth. He knew that this was an enchantment however. The end never touched the ground, but instead hovered a thumbs width above the dirt and ash. The sound of it striking the hardpan was a spell; even the puff of dust was a mere illusion he had conjured many nights ago. The only remnant signs of magic were small circles of arcane dust that shimmered even in this long-dead soil. They, like his robe's new imperfection, were invisible to the untrained eye. He knew she could see them though. Oh yes, she could see them as clear as the behemoth sparks that rested on the Great Anvil.
She knew he was hurt, but she also knew he would live. He always did. He had always said to her, “A man lives through everything until he finds the one thing he can't.” She thought it was stupid, but that wasn't the point. The point was that he was the most stubborn man she'd ever known. She walked in the shadows behind him; cautious, knowing stubbornness didn't grant immortality.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Since the name of the server is Conquest of the Horde, is there a decent Alliance community? Is the Horde overpowered against the Alliance in any way other than possible population differences?
Hello and welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Xeahast!

Remember to read our rules and policies if you haven't done so already - or if you ever feel like you've forgotten any of them! We also have a lot of various guides right here that you might find helpful if issues of that kind ever arise. :3 And if you've got any questions or need help with anything, feel free to ask around! Finally, do not forget to /join chat for OOC chatter and communication when you log on!

And don't worry! The name is just that - a name. Everything's balanced out nicely.

Have fun! :>
~Dilnikas