Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Smokeyfire12`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I've always really enjoyed role playing for the stories that you can immerse yourselves into and for the effect and influence you hold over the outcomes. From a young age I've played Warcraft games with my brother which I was drawn to by their intricate lore and their incredibly imaginative world they created. I loved the Horde especially, for their monstrous forms but also for their human emotion and struggles.
From this story I loved, I was drawn to more immersible role playing which I found in Dungeons and Dragons which led to some really interesting customizable character, though I always found myself referring to the Warcraft world.
I really like group interactions in role playing that don't necessarily lead to violence, but work around some conflict, whether it be from diverse backgrounds or petty squabbles. I'm always looking for events and interactions with other humans players for the evolution in characters and the changes in the world. Greatly looking forward to playing.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from Massachusetts in the United States of America and I primarily speak English, though I know both Spanish and Latin. I like to use Latin especially in titles or in names for weapons.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My brother initially drew me into Warcraft because of its many races and the awesome world they warred in. Really, my love of the races comes from a love of mythology I've nurtured my whole life by reading especially Greek and Norse mythology. Heroes, in Warcraft 3 seemed almost like gods to me, and world of warcraft let you be a hero. As this "god" character, I've really loved shaping the world (as much as I can) and seeing "gods" interact.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Honestly, I just googled "Wow private Rp Server", but now that I have seen this website, which I searched as I anxiously awaited the approval to my first introduction which was rejected, I am going to submit a thousand introductions until I get approved! This server seems like nothing I've ever played before, combining World of Warcraft world with far more freedom (and actual rp!) than the real servers that claim to be "Rp".

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy interacting with the multitudes, whether that be in pairs or in larger groups. I really enjoy joining and contributing to guilds as well, it gives you a sense of being something bigger than one's self and creates a set of goals you are striving to accomplish among others. In a militant role playing guild for example, I wouldn't consider my soldier "cannon fodder" but more as a part of something bigger, so I always look for guild RP.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race would have to be the Tauren. From the start of my warcraft career in warcraft 3, I have awed at the sheer destruction of a Tauren with its massive totem pole and its pulverizing damage. My respect for them grew even more so when I entered Orgrimmar as a lowly level 1, and found the capital city filled with level 80 Taurens. The sight of a Tauren Warrior inspired me to level to 80, (which I later did on a Troll priest) with its massive and gleaming armor and its deadly weapons.
My favorite class would have to be the Hunter however, for their marksmanship, traps and beast taming. I've always loved the idea of training a savage beast until it becomes a loyal and powerful weapon of destruction. Also, the idea of consistent and powerful ranged damage has always impressed me, while traps laid by a hunter stop the enemy from closing in.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect a fun and friendly environment where events are constantly unfolding and where each character has their own growth and unique characteristics. Though I hear the server has a peak of 29 players on average, I am sure that interactions between this variety of characters would be captivating, especially from the amount of development I have seen just in the forums alone.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I think "Godmodding" is probably my favorite rule. I have the money to be able to play on normal RP servers, but it just isn't fun. Coming to a private server, I initially expected players to be jacking themselves up to insane levels to dominate all others, but the inclusion of this rule is sure to even things out and maintain equality.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Bor grips his hammer and hugs closer to the rock as he seeks shelter from
the howling winds all around him. Staring at his hammers, Bor grimaces,
seeing the caked blood on the hammer and remembering his family's violent
demise. The sound of horses in the distance and of crying brings reality
back to the freezing dwarf. Down the road, barely discernable through the
falling snow and tempestial winds is a caravan of bandits with a merchant
and his wagon in tow. Seeing the merchant, sobbing out of fear and anguish,
Bor's fists clench and his body warms with fury. Awaiting their approach,
Bor laughs quitely to himself, remembering his father's speech explaining
how the law protects all citizens. Thinking back to his family's murder by
a band of thugs simply looking for money, Bor pulls his cloak off of his
head and stands up from behind the rock. Staring upon the unknowing
bandits, Bor readies his hammers and waits until they are close. Roaring,
with the fury of a thousand men, Bor charges down the slope with a
bloodlust only to be sated by his enemies demises.

(hoping to move up to Gruntship eventually)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I underestimated just how intricate the level of detail and commitment to this server is in my first introduction, and so I hope that this introduction will prove satisfactory and allow me to experience this game and contribute to it in my own way.
Hello and welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Smokeyfire12!

Remember to read our rules and policies if you haven't done so already - or if you ever feel like you've forgotten any of them! We also have a lot of various guides right here that you might find helpful if issues of that kind ever arise. :3 And if you've got any questions or need help with anything, feel free to ask around! Finally, do not forget to /join chat for OOC chatter and communication when you log on!

Have fun! :>
~Dilnikas