Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Remaking my pally as a Worgen? ( A discussion on Worgen )
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So I am going to admit somthing here. I made this human pally when i first joined the server just so I could get though the old vouching process. He worked magic and I think it was maybe a month and a half before I was upped to being a grunt. I played him long after I made him but after the death of the guild he was apart of and my year of vacation from the server I dont know what to do with him. With restart on the edge of tomorrow I started thinking. I said "Self?" Myself said "Yea" Then I said " What can I do to revive my character Garren and bring him back into the world of warcraft" and you know what answer came to me.

" Make him a Worgen!"

Mind you, I hate werewolves in wow. But this is an rp opportunity I don't intend to pass up. But I need help. I don't know jack about Worgens and so that makes me unsure how to put Garren, wandering pally of the light (who spends a lot of his time dodging night elves in ashenvale) into worgen harms way long enough for him to become cursed and go all fuzzy on me. Also with Worgens not be able to be pallies does this mean Worgens cant channel the light at all? Or would something else make the pally fall? Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated as I brainstorm on my werewol...I mean worgen.
Well, Sadly, you would likely have to remake the character rather than changing your pally to one. This is only due to the fact that the worgen of Gilneas are pretty much the only ones (as far as ive seen or read) Who retain their normal character, and can turn back to humans. most worgen in-game right now are mindless, and if you got infected you wouldnt really be all that human anymore.

But someone correct me if im wrong, I can't be 100% sure of this, especially since we don't know all that much about playable worgen right now.
She's right. There are three types of worgen currently. Permanent worgen, who stay in worgen form no matter what. Worgen who change under the light of the moon, and the worgen of Gilneas who have managed to devise a way to keep their sanity whilst transformed; also gaining the side effect of changing at will.
From what I read this morning, the worgen of Gillnaus were turned into the mindless kind and somehow went though some kind of treatment to get their sanity back. ( must mean there are still some full humans left or the night elves made a treatment). I would think its a combination of the two. Night elves are inpart responsible for the worgen which is why night elves are so nice to them.

So the point I forgot to include, I'm guessing my only option is to have Garren be turned, somehow captured and then treated. Guess thats about my only option. Who would go out of their way to capture a worgen and have him treated, I can think of one person who was Garrens friend who is still alive. She might be wiling to. XD
Im sure you know that to become a worgen In-Game you need to get an approved Special profile (info near the bottom)
Which I've heard is hard work, and secondly worgen lore and stuff is easily googleable :D

M xx
As far as I know, the playable worgen are not affected by a disease but a curse created by Arugal. In fact, we are not even allowed to play real worgen...
Even the wiki is not very clear as to Worgen and how they reach their 2 different stages. Feral and not. I say two stages because I am starting to think the Gilnaus Worgen are the same as those you find in northrend. Both can change to worgen at will and both are still human enough to live in towns and not run wild and rabid. I think the humans who turn into worgen at night in silverpine could be the result of Argals early research and treatment and possibly he came up with something better in Northrend. They too still remain in towns and live more or less human lives except they get fuzzy at night.

I'm want to think that the night elves figured out what ever treatment Argal came up with, returned to Blackwald only to find out that they royally screwed up and that the Druids of the Scythe are now spreading their curse like butter on toast. Now thats just my opinion, I would like to believe thats what it is but for the most part I'm more inclined to believe the following. It is also suggested that Gilneas mages and priests were able to make strides in fighting the curse so maybe they found their own treatment. ( Saying all this with a lot of tabs open in my screen. Want citation, just ask for it.) I know there is a quest line where you are to catch worgen and have them treated so they gain their sanity back.

Overall this is what I have learned.

worgen curse: Made by night elves not Argal. Druids of the Scythe turned into worgen and later went bonkers. Somehow they also became contagious. Night elves seeing that trees fix everything locked these crazy wolf dudes under a tree and left them there. Scythe of elune could summon them out from under the tree and Argal somehow learned to summon them as well. (pay attention night elves. Trees fix nothing!)

Worgen curse treatment: First made by Argal and perhaps is responsible for Gilneas being able to give people their sanity back. I doubt night elves had much of anything to do with the treatment cause they just lock stuff under trees.

Real Worgen: uncertain. Wiki says they are from another dimension but thats all I got.

Worgen Cure: You die. You are no longer worgen.

Becoming Full Worgen: Unclear. Seems some npc's in northrend do not shift back to being human when they die. Suggesting they are full worgen. You can even skin them.

Still seems possible to have my character flip his wig and go all fuzzy on me, infact thats the easy part. Main problem it seems would be giving his sanity back unless I retcon his entire history. ( Rather not do that. It kills a lot of the rp potential I am looking forward to. )
The original worgen are an intelligent race from another dimension who themselves are threatened and fighting the Lord of the Emerald Flame. (My guess would be the Legion on that or other faction of demons.) They were first brought to Azeroth using the Scythe of Elune and then the night elf could control the worgen and use them in the war against the Legion. Things happened, it was lost and then surfaced in Duskwood where it summoned more worgen.

Then years and years later Arugal summoned beasts from the same world, but with spells encanted by some other mage and was not at all related to the Scythe. He then experimented and managed to create the hybrids who only appear as worgen during the night. Pyrewood was CURSED by Argual to become what they are today, so assuming all other playable worgen are the same.
The Worgen form originated as an ancient druid form used by the Druids of the Scythe, those who followed the wolf ancient, Goldrinn. They were unable to keep control over said form and became feral. The other druids decided to place them in an eternal slumber deep underground beneath the roots of a large tree called Tal'doren, found in the Blackwald region of Gilneas. Thus, in their eternal slumber, the "Dark Homeworld" of the Worgen is actually the Emerald Nightmare. Arugal's tampering with the Scythe of Elune set these feral Worgen free upon Gilneas. The Night Elves feel that as they are the ones who first became Worgen, they must help the cursed Gilneans and bring them into the Alliance.

Tl:dr - Worgen created by night elves, curse made by Arugal. Good times all around.
Waa? You say the Emerald Nightmare is the realm of the worgen, I always thought it was hakkar. Anyway, it might make things more interesting.
Alright, everything Im reading about Arugal suggests he never got his hands on the Scythe....ever. He found some other way to summon the Worgen because the scythe has been considered missing for sometime.

As for him cursing the people of the town, I would believe he did this indirectly but I'm still seeing nothing that suggests he MADE the curse. The druids did. And when Argual summoned them then the curse spread.

What Mikain says about the emerald nightmare makes since. I wonder if he copy paste from a wiki page cause if so I would like to see a link to see what else I could pull from it.

Since the worgen were put into their slumber near gilneus it would not be hard to think they woke up since druids of the claw woke up early in warcraft 3.

I do wonder how exactly is the cruse passed on. Bite? Worgen shadow caster? Anyone know exactly how its passed on? Im just seeing that where there is one worgen there's doing to be more very quickly.
therew Wrote:Alright, everything Im reading about Arugal suggests he never got his hands on the Scythe....ever. He found some other way to summon the Worgen because the scythe has been considered missing for sometime.

You're right, sorry, he used Ur's notes to summon them against the advice of his peers.
Worgens can be paladins?
I don't think you quite understand the nature of the curse. It's both an environmental effect from handling the Scythe of Elune and a form of vengeful magic cast by Arugal. It's not transmitted by bite, but by willful affliction of magical energies to make someone into a Worgen.

The tl;dr of everyone's posts amounts to: No, you cannot become a playable Worgen unless you reroll Gilnean. It doesn't seem to work otherwise, for a number of important reasons.
Binkleheimer Wrote:Worgens can be paladins?

No they can not. I should have mentioned that I no longer intend for Garren to be a pally should he become a worgen.

And I would like to know the important reasons as to why if you don't mind Kag. From what I'm reading it shouldn't be impossible nor unlikely. but to be honest no, I don't understand the nature of the magic behind Worgen.

Argual would not have sunk into a super guilt trip over people turning into Worgen if he had done it intentionally, and the Night elf who first started to summon them didn't seem to understand where the new Worgen were coming from. I'm seeing nothing that says how its spread just that it does spread in most situations.

On a side note, I dont want to come across as trying to argue. Wiki is just not clear on things and its nice to discuss it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4