Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: psibomber`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I haven't roleplayed since I was a teenager, so it's been a couple of years. I play a bunch of MMOs but its also been a long time since I've gotten truly involved in a roleplaying or guild community. I stay solo for the most part, but every now and then find a long lasting online friendship from these games.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born in China somewhere and moved to the United States as a toddler.

I speak English fluently and a little bit of Mandarin because of my parents, and there was a lot of awkwardness in my childhood because of the bilingual thing.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
If this means the Warcraft series I've played the RTS games since they came out. :D

But seriously, I've known about World of Worldcraft for a long time and my friends have warned me against it for ruining social lives.

So I got rid of my friends and traded them in for nerdy ones that encourage this sort of thing :D

Since it is summertime and I barely have any college work to do I have some free time to try it out, so I'm a complete newbie to WOW. But it shouldn't take me that long to get into it.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I'm unwilling to pay for the battlenet server because I don't know exactly how much time I am willing to put into it.

However, I didn't like the private servers I found so far that let you start out at level 70 or have extremely fast experience and drop rates.

I like to take leveling at a good pace, or at least start out at level one and work for my skills and experience.

The roleplaying environment should be one I am comfortable with.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I like to roleplay usually with a small group of people. My favorite roleplaying forums used to involve medieval fantasy, and I have tried a bunch of tavern roleplays but they never seem to last long.

Five years ago I used to admin a forum with an original story for the basis of the world we roleplayed in. At best it had about 40 people, and it lasted for a year or two. At first it involved a fantasy school setting, but interest died out in a couple of months so I restarted it in a sci fi version of the same school years into the future. Those were good memories.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite class so far is the forsaken undead.

I tried out a warlock on the blizzard server, and it amused me how the warlock trainer had his own agenda behind training new warlocks. The forsaken are already in a situation where they can be considered to be an underground movement, and here the warlock trainer is suggesting an underground rebellion beneath the one that already exists.

What are your expectations of this server?:
As I mentioned before, I'd just like to start out from level one. What appeals to me about roleplaying games is the idea of starting a character from scratch and building wealth, reputation, and skills around it.

I'd also like to use it as a good way of getting to know the World of Warcraft universe, and decide if I want to spend a lot of time playing it or not.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The rule of Maturity stands out the most to me under the rules section.

I've never seen such a concept stated in the rules section of any game, to be honest. I think it sets an ideal for the player base that is somewhat unrealistic but then again, if we kept maturity in mind for all games it would fix a lot of problems.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(Forgive me, this is just an excerpt from a story I wrote earlier)

She clenched her fists in unconscious pain till the nail marks on her palms were bleeding. She screamed awake as she felt the fingers between to push out between her ribs. This was one of her worst fears. The little eight-year old trembled as she looked down at her torso. It was the Limb Virus. Unable to move on the spot, she waited for her father to react as she cried out for him. She watched the disease progress. Rubbery boneless hands and soon arms were growing out of her sides from below her armpits to the top of her abdomen. They were shredding the sides of her strawberry patterned nightgown.

Mr. Cecil Argall was already standing there by the time her extra limbs were as long as her normal arms. She could only see his dark silhouette in the dawn lighting. He hid his mouth, which was open in shock for his daughter Kendrel's suffering and a few comforting non-words spilled out. He swept her up and carried her through the unlit hallways of their unfurnished house.

On the car ride to the hospital Kendrel could feel her diseased arms trying to escape. They found the car doors and pulled and pushed on them. She hoped her father remembered enough about the illness to lock the doors from the outside. His car creaked from its age as he drove up the hill to an understaffed clinic above their small town.

Kendrel was shrieking, her limbs breaking ribs as they grew powerful enough to shake the vehicle from side to side. She could make out her father's mouth in the rearview mirror, red and gaping as his face was illuminated by the light of the emerging building. His mussed hair and short beard seemed to grey before her. For a moment, their eyes met and Kendrel realized he had been keeping his eyes on her, all through the ride. She drifted in and out a few times in the hospital bed surrounded by doctors, and then all went black.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'm sure I'll be able to find information in the wiki and forums easily. So I don't have any questions right now. Thank you :D
Hello and welcome to Conquest of the Horde, psibomber!

Remember to read our rules and policies if you haven't done so already - or if you ever feel like you've forgotten any of them! We also have a lot of various guides right here that you might find helpful if issues of that kind ever arise. :3 And if you've got any questions or need help with anything, feel free to ask around! Finally, do not forget to /join chat for OOC chatter and communication when you log on!

Have fun! :>
~Dilnikas