Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Account and IP ban? Within the first few days?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This morning, I had my ISP switched over to Earthlink DSL. Until this morning I could connect to the site, but now it tells me that I've been banned through repeated infractions of rule three? I've had Comcast as my ISP until about 12 hours ago. Before, I had no problem connecting to the site. Now, I'm posting through a proxy, because I don't know how else to get help. If I did something wrong already, could someone let me know?

Thanks

~Lukas.
Hmm, you've only been registered on the server for two days. In this time, have you been online on the server at all? Were you warned for any behavior? The suddenness of these issues and their possible link to your recent ISP change don't lead me to believe you have actually been banned, but it's best to know for certain.
If it was a ban, you wouldn't be able to post on the forums. I suggest checking your e-mail. Keep an open mind with it though, considering there are a lot of rules and stuff here. If you don't have an e-mail or a PM regarding such a thing, then it's probably -not- an IP/account ban or suspension.
If I try to get onto the forum/site without going through a proxy, it tells me that I've been banned. I've got no emails or PMs regarding this. I have the "Welcome to COTH" and the "Intro Approved" emails in my inbox. Using the proxy is helping me post this, other wise I couldn't even log onto my account. It looks like an IP ban, but I've never even been on the site before a couple of days ago. No, I cannot get on the server, because of the ban. There isn't much moire I can tell you, because I just don't know.
More than likely, someone has previously used that IP address and got themselves an IP ban on this forum.

Your best bet is to just call up your ISP and ask for an IP change, because the people who previously used the IP address got themselves banned from a service which you are wanting to use. There should be no issues there, hopefully!
PiesOfNub Wrote:More than likely, someone has previously used that IP address and got themselves an IP ban on this forum.

Your best bet is to just call up your ISP and ask for an IP change, because the people who previously used the IP address got themselves banned from a service which you are wanting to use. There should be no issues there, hopefully!

...Chances of that are incredibly slim.
Rensin Wrote:
PiesOfNub Wrote:More than likely, someone has previously used that IP address and got themselves an IP ban on this forum.

...Chances of that are incredibly slim.

Yeah, ridiculously slim. Although it's still a possibility.
Man, that's something I hadn't thought of. That makes sense, though, because my ISP isn't using static adresses. Ill call, thanks for all your help, guys.

~Lukas
This might sound a little weird...But.

You aren't banned in game or on the forums..So I have /no clue/ why you are receiving that message.

Sidenote: Have you tried again recently? If so, can you screenshot what it says?