Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Andrun`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
When I play my playstyle can wary between exitment and focusing on the task to a relaxed and more laydback style.
But this is only what I know from earlier experience with typical raiding and pvp. If I get into a real good RP situation I will probably be very interested.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I live in Uppsala Sweden and my primary language is Swedish. I consider myself to speak good English because I have spent a lot of time on voiceover programs like ventrilo and teamspeak when I played retail wow.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
When I first came in contact with the Warcraft series I was about 10 - 11 years old a friend of mine introduced me to Warcraft 2. Me and my friends playd it and loved it but we did't know that much English at the time so we just tried and failed but enjoyed it for what it was at the time. Then after that came Warcraft 3 and yes that was the real start of it all. I played Wc3 and the Frozen Throne expansion after that and loved it for some time. One day one of my friends came to me and said that he played something calld World of Warcraft and it was an mmorpg. I didn't know what an mmorpg was at the time but when he showd me the first steps, and that was around lvl 1 - 5, I was so amazed and begged my father to buy it for me. After that day I played Wow for more than 5 years and in that time I have hade my ons and offs but always returned.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I have long played on other private servers but they were all like retail Wow with the dungeons and the questing and pvp. Back when I played retail I tryed to get into RPing on my server but it never lasted, it's the same problem on the other private servers. So I went to Google and typed "wow rp private server" and your server was at the top. Before I signed up I looked on Youtube to see if there were any videos from your server but either I didn't look hard enough or there aren't any.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy roleplaying that begins as tavern roleplaying and turns into a real adventure. For example: me and other characters sit in a tavern and someone begins talking about this legend and as the adventurer I listen eagerly. After the tale, me and some other listeners head out to find the ledgend and discover it's mysteries.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race is the humans because they are one of the old races in the other games ( wc3 wc2) and therefore I think that they are easy to create a background araound and they can be what ever you want.
My favorite class is the mage because they can have many sides to them like a mage that is a "good" mage and focuses on a typical school of magic like frost or fire.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To enjoy a good roleplaying experience that takes me somewere and even might continue the next day if it's a long story / adventure. Also I like the experience to change rapidly, for example: I don't know if this will ever happen but let's say I am Alliance and I go on a quest with my fellow roleplaying friends and a Hord comes along and disturbs us. This situation might turn into a war or maybe a conversation between the two factions involving emotes an other comands.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The rule about Role-playing appeals to me because I belive it is inportant for the players to have atleast some knowledge about the history of the world they are playing in. I belive I have basic knowledge of the history of Azeroth but don't expect me to know of all the characters mentioned in the history or there names. I do know of the famus ones like: Arthas, Uther the Lightbringer, Thrall, Vol'jin, Sylvanas, Tirion Fordragon and many more ...

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
There was a dwarf named Gregor Swifthand. Gregor spent most of his time at the local tavern talking to strangers and buying them drinks. You might ask why he does this? It is simple, Gregor is a cutpurse and he buys his targets ale and other drinks to get them distracted and when the time is just right he takes out his little knife and cuts their sack of coins right off. This is a very good strategy because he buys them what they want and they don't have to look for their money any time soon so Gregor has time to get away. You might wonder why Gregor is doing this? He never really had any parents so he lived a life on the streets of Ironforge and made his daily bread by stealing or beging for copper. As you can understand Gregor has a lifetime of experience of this and knows his way around the city. One day he tries to pick a man´s pocket when the man isn't paying attention. Just when he is about to take the litle coin bag hanging from the man´s belt the man almost instantaniasly grabs his wrist and holds it tight. Gregor tries to pull himself free but he can't, the man´s grip is rock solid so Gregor has to take the consequenses. To his big surprise the man isn't angry and explains that he is a recruter for a special team of soldiers heading out to fight the scourge. He asks Gregor if he wants to aid them in the battle, he also mentions that there is good coin in the job. Without hesitation Gregor says yes. But little does Gregor know at the time that he is about to go on a journey that will take him to the darkest places of this world and make him face the most dangerous creatures on the way there.

This is my best of story telling at the moment and this could probably turn in to a book if I continue but as I don't have that time I let it be for now.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
1. I am wondering if the server is populated atm ?

2. Is there a difference of population between Hord and Allys?
Hello and welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Andrun!

Remember to read our rules and policies if you haven't done so already - or if you ever feel like you've forgotten any of them! We also have a lot of various guides right here that you might find helpful if issues of that kind ever arise. :3 And if you've got any questions or need help with anything, feel free to ask around! Finally, do not forget to /join chat for OOC chatter and communication when you log on!

It also might be a good idea to try and avoid those nasty spelling errors!

Have fun! :>
~Dilnikas