Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Ventrilo Server Change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As folks have noticed, the 'official' supported Ventrilo server has changed to my own. I've actually had this one for almost two years now, but despite it being a 25-person server, I've maybe had at most 5 or so people in it at a time. I figured that should probably change, with the odd occurrence with Cressy's Vent.

For those curious, apparently when Cressy upgraded her Vent, they deigned to assign a new server to her, instead of simply upgrading her current one. Being the nub I am, I decided to jump the gun and turn my own Vent into the 'official' server one. At this point, it will actually be expiring on the 22nd of this month. I have no issues with paying for it out of pocket, but if this is the case, I'll likely leave it how it is - 25-man, and only Grunts+. (Speaking of which, Grunts can access the Vent info by going to the Off-Topic forum, and checking at the top. You'll see a new subforum regarding Ventrilo).

If folks are feeling generous, you are free to Donate to help offset the cost. It will be about $72 for another year. If I get an unexpected flurry of support, I'll probably end up opening it up to any member of the server (Peon+, that is), as well as upgrading the capacity. Perhaps I'll even provide private channels for sizeable guilds. I don't know, yet!

Again, donating is totally optional, and will not bestow any effects in-game (they wouldn't matter, soon, anyway! Impending restart!)
Disclaimer: As said before, donations are completely voluntary. If you donate and are banned for some legitimate reason in the near future, I have the option of refunding the donation (which I have done in the past). If you do something stupid to warrant a ban in the distant future, it's likely that no refund for the donation will be offered.

Dictionary.com Wrote:do·na·tion   [doh-ney-shuhn]
–noun
1. an act or instance of presenting something as a gift, grant, or contribution.
2. a gift, as to a fund; contribution.
Well, I should start getting moneys and stuff in my bank account in about a month or so, so I'd be happy to contribute some moolah to the Vent server!
Jeepers Kretol. I don't think I like ya well enough. ;-) I'll keep it in mind. Things are tight here right now, but we're slowly getting things back under control so maybe shortly I can participate. That, and I am not Grunt status yet. Nyuck nyuck.

Seriously though, Vent is really helpful for keeping OOC chatter down and getting to know the other players in a generally more relaxed atmosphere. More like sitting around the table playing and chit-chatting while the game rages on around your IC character. So I am totally in support of this, and really hope others jump in to help.
Stupid, I already paid for the fifty-man for the next six months. Just use that.
Cressy Wrote:Stupid, I already paid for the fifty-man for the next six months. Just use that.
Get a refund, nub! I've sort of warmed to the conversion of my Vent and getting better use out of it. Plus, it makes it easier to hop between talking with folks in General channels and then chatting with Grak in the reclusive GM channels. ;)
I remember when only four of us used this vent. Gooood times, haha.
Heck yeah it was!
Just to note, someone was generous enough to donate about $45 in reference to this post. At this point, I'll probably try out opening up the Vent server to all Peon+ folks! I kind of doubt we'll need more than 25 folks, but if that happens, I suppose we'll concern ourselves with it at that point.