Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: TheGreatCanadian`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
First of all, I am not the Sandwich from Arby's.

Seriously, though, i'm just your average Canadian. I'm friendly, love hockey, drink beer, and I live in an igloo (or do I?).

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I live in Canada (surprise!) and my primary language is English (also the only language I speak).

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well, it all started with Warcraft III. I played the game for quite some time and eventually I was introduced to World of Warcraft, where I soon learned the joy of roleplay.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
After looking at other, far less desirable, servers I started to lose hope on WoW roleplay. (but wait! There's more!) Before I had lost all hope I stumbled upon CotH and soon I discovered it was a city of gold and roleplay. This server has a (seemingly) wonderful community and appealing (to me) standards of roleplay.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy roleplay. Unless my gut tells me that a certain roleplay scenario is horribly wrong then I shall engage in all sorts of roleplay that my fellow roleplayers wish to.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favourite race, in the world of Warcraft, would have to be Humans. Humans in Warcraft seem to be an icon of civilized society, they are (mostly) lawful and honourable.

My favourite class has always been the Warrior. The Warrior is a very base and generic class. There is a great deal of choices one can make as a Warrior that offer unique roleplaying experiences for all to enjoy.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Ask not what your server can do for you, but what you can do for your server!

(I expect of this server everything that has been expected of me)

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
This question gave me quite a bit of pause... but I have taken the time to go over the Rules a few times over to answer it.

The rule that appeals to me the most is Maturity, which covers much of the other rules. This is because as I said, it covers much of the other rules, and also because it requests that the individual have the ability to deal with each and every topic in a manner appropriate to the situation they are in and the rules set upon them.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Whatever happened to letting stories write themselves? Did they go on strike?

Well, I guess I could give it a try. Here we go:

William stared across the burning camp at the dead and dying, a sadden expression lingering on his face.

The 14th Theramore Scouts had been making their way through the swamp for several weeks, feeding off what fish the crocs hadn't managed to get at yet, in search of a band of supposed Orcs that had been harassing travellers along the main roads.

After passing by Mudsprocket, William and his men set up a camp in a clearing.

As night began to blanket the sky, the men noticed figures approach from the mist. They had set up camp near Onyxia's lair and are now paying the price.

William discarded his chair and drew out his blade as he made his way out of the tent. He had to restore order to his men and drive out the attackers.

The men that were able to survive the intial attack grouped up around William and awaited his instruction. His orders were short and simple, they were to destroy the enemy force or die trying.

After fierce and gruesome fighting the 14th Scouts had managed to eliminate the force of dragonoids that emerged from the cave but at a heavy price. Half the men were dead, the rest were wounded and some of the wounds were lethal. William looked on at his battered men with sorrow, loss, and a thirst for vengeance.

He never achieved his vengeance, however, as he fell ill a week later and died the following year.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
No comment. (oh, that was a comment, wasn't it?)
Welcome, 'eh!

Warriors are a good class to choose for characters, I agree! I can say that's the most popular class for characters here!