Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Gabrond`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, I've been playing WoW on and off on public and private servers for about 5 or 6 years now, and I've gotten into roleplaying through D&D, which I've now been playing for two years. At the table, I must admit I play for combat quite often, but most of the time my character at the table is good with combat and it's his contribution to the story. I've definitely made large steps away from just smashing everything into actually carefully creating a story with other people. I find this a lot easier to do through text.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
Born and Raised in Northwestern Missouri, USA, and English is my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
How does anyone get into Wacraft? When I first started, I was a kid and had a lot of fun on Runescape, when a friend told me there was something better. I've been playing on and off ever since, it sort of comes in waves. I do love the game, though, partly because I can't afford not to, having spent so many hours at it, but mostly because of escapism.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I heard about this server through my good friend Jack, Tarius in game, about a year ago. It took me a long time to warm up to the idea of roleplaying with strangers through one of my favorite video games, but it seems I've finally cracked. I do enjoy a good roleplaying experience, and I hope that things I learn roleplaying here can help me at the table, and that things I've learned at the table can help me out here.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
In all honesty, I'm up for anything. My niche is fighting and action, but I have a strong feeling that's because I'm not used to playing a class that doesn't get in there and fight every chance he gets. I definitely enjoy a good tavern story or boast, especially through text. It seems to me that we are exceptionally more articulate when we have a few moments to consider our words than when we are put on the spot and made to spit out whatever frail statement into which we can gather our thoughts.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
In Warcraft I can most decisively say Forsaken Rogue. I enjoy a character that has patience and quite often defined goals of revenge for people in his/her past life (if this is remembered) and what better vehicle for revenge or the undead aesthetic than the Rogue class?

What are your expectations of this server?:
I have a policy about expectations that i'm not about to violate here, but I hope that this server is full of mature, well-spoken individuals that are here for a good story and a fun time. But of course, I know Tarius in real life, so I don't quite expect it!
Had to get a jab in there somewhere.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
"Be respectful. At all times. This is not optional. Show respect to your fellow players, regardless of their faction or affiliation. We are all playing this game to enjoy it, and being rude or disrespectful to another player does not enhance anyone's enjoyment." So what if it's the first rule, that's probably because it's the best. Respect is a necessity in all human interactions, and MMOs have a total lack of it, for the most part.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
"It was about time," said the Rogue, standing over the cold body of the miser of a nobleman that had slighted most of his newfound friends into their trade. "Just know that it wasn't me." He gave his partner, an expert pickpocket, a peculiar glare and turned away, seeing the slight beginnings of a nod going through the man's neck.

The pickpocket broached the tense silence. "We still have work to do.." He reached down to the man's feet, and the Rogue, seeing this, moved to assist, forcing his hands beneath the deceased's silk-laden underarms.

"This is so humiliating. Who was it that decided body disposal was my calling?" The Rogue had posited this question rhetorically, the answer ringing ever clearly in the forefront of his mind.

"I think you know who," Said the pickpocket, obviously not catching on the the tone of his comrade's voice. "and why as well. And you know my opinion on the matter."

The pair moved in silence to place the vessel in a cart, climb in, and start toward the burial grounds for the third time that day. "Suppose we just ran off. Ran out to the East and just started our little business in a new town, what do you say?" The Rogue wasn't sure whether he was serious or merely jesting with the man, but he knew the answer.

"No, young one, you know that solves nothing. Be content with imagining it, because if you did.."

"It will surely be my head.." finished the youth in time with the elder, who just gave the same exasperated look that always seemed to lurk just behind his blank stare.

And he allowed himself yet again to daydream of a new sunrise, a new hunting grounds, and reminisce about the days when his current surroundings seemed full and promising. The days before his assimilation.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, please make sure to check out our Rules, Policies, FAQs, and Wiki. Also take a gander at our grammar and spelling guides and the level we expect here on the server.

And be sure to /join chat when you get in game!

<333

Cressy