Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Arathen`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, my name's Tom and I'm from Australia. Loved to play retail World of Warcraft, and was one of those "raider" characters. However, one day my server came down, and I rolled a new character on a roleplay server... Let's just say I found my new love in life.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
*glances back at his first paragraph*
Oh... That was for here. I'm Australian, and my primary (only) language is English. I'd like to say I have a pretty good command of it...

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I discovered my love of the Warcraft universe with Warcraft 3. The game was so balanced, (and secretly I loved the lore). Blizzard's attention to detail grabbed me from the start. When they announced "World of Warcraft", I was unsure at first. However, my friend convinced me to play, and I enjoyed the hell out of it.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I grew sick of the retail version of World of Warcraft. I was playing on Wyrmrest Accord (RP), and while at first it was a glowing beacon of glorious roleplay, it soon became a disgusting pit of griefers. I had the genius thought of a private roleplay server, so I ran a Google search for "private WoW roleplaying server". Here I am!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
While grand combat roleplay sequences can be fun, I find that I prefer one on one roleplay. This allows for deeper exploration of other characters, and a chance for my character to reveal himself more meaningfully.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favourite race/class combo is Blood Elf rogue! (I know, I'm so original.) I love how cultured the Blood Elves "appear", and playing as a rogue allows me to tease out their darker side.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect a server alive with other dedicated RPers, with a lack of grief. From what I've seen of the other introductions, I think I'll be pleased with what I find.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
"Humility"

This is a WONDERFUL rule. One of the major things that blights retail WoW servers is the amount of "Mary Sue" characters.

You know them, you've met them. The catgirls, the vampires, the sons of Arthas. If they're not present on this server, then I'll be very happy.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
This was a passage I wrote on an RP forum I was a member of. It describes a Blood Elf, who has been captured and tortured by the Scourge.

The broken elf lies on the cold steel, his blood caked and dried over the walls. His arms are stretched beyond breaking point, suspended by ancient, rusted meathooks. Both his feet were severed long ago, leaving hard, frozen over stubs. His legs and chest are intricately tattooed, the symbols telling of his dark descent into madness. The room is filled with an inky blackness, but he cannot perceive it. His vision is long gone, leaving only hollowed out eye sockets, permeated with a soft green glow. Gone are the screams and cries of weeks prior, the sounds of an elf who has lost even his sense of identity. Now only irregular, soft breathing disturbs the silence.

The whispers in his mind taunt him, never ceasing. They speak in monotone, the disharmony of his insanity. A slow female voice reminds him of failures he cannot even recall. Each of her words bring him more pain than any physical injury could, and the stories she tells are all he has heard since...

A charge of electricity races through the meathooks, and into his broken body. The voices stop for one merciful second while his flesh is burnt. The tattoos on his chest flash brightly, and twisted smoke rises from his skin. The shock serves only to distract him from thinking of the people who brought him here, and the details of his capture. Once his flesh stops smoking, the voices return, seemingly twice as cruel and damaging as before. If the broken elf had his sanity, he would realize his chance of escape is slim to none.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
All I can say is that I hope you give me the privelege of creating a character on your server.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, please make sure to check out our Rules, Policies, FAQs, and Wiki. Also take a gander at our grammar and spelling guides and the level we expect here on the server.

And be sure to /join chat when you get in game!

<333

Cressy