Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: shenanigans`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm a 19 year old art student just going into college this September. I'm no fan of traditional paints or any form of colouring, to be honest. Sketching is my forté, though I imagine I'll need to branch out more to be successful.

My interests beyond art include writing; from short stories to brief descriptive writings, to roleplay. I'm love video games, obviously, and roleplaying of course! Typically, I play RPGs, though I occasionally branch off into shooters or strategy games (And strategy RPGs, when I can.)

I'd like to think of myself as an experienced roleplayer, though I've only been doing it for 3 years. I know a lot of roleplayers have been doing so for far longer, and possibly through other media than just video games. I didn't start with World of Warcraft, though, and am actually pretty new to roleplay with this, so I'm somewhat rusty with the lore.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm Canadian, through and through. My background includes an assortment of the UK; Scotland, England, and Ireland. (I haven't got any Wales in me!)

As such, my primary language is English, and I can make out a teeny bit of French.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Warcraft 3, mostly, and an interest in MMOs. There really isn't much more to say here than that.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
A friend of mine recommended this server, claiming there was an abundance of, not just roleplay, but GOOD roleplay.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
All kinds! From the brutal decimation of a foe, to the loving parent, sibling or spouse. I have a bit of a craving for one-on-one scenes, and have a great interest in people. What I mean by that, is that I enjoy simple character development, and often of just about any kind.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
High elves, and paladins. I say high elves, because while I adore the quel'dorei, and am also a fan of the sin'dorei, I'm not too fond of the sudden change of behaviour into something as cold and cruel as the blood elves are frequently made out to be.

Seeing as high elves aren't a playable race (unless the server might allow its players to branch off from such restrictions), I suppose I would have to say the blood elves, then. I DO like them, after all, I only feel certain areas of the race are less appealing than they could be. But nothing's perfect of course, and I realize that, while the race as a whole might be grouped as one thing, the individuals of it can stray from the ways of their kin.

Now, for my favourite class! I said the paladin above, and I do mean it! I wouldn't be surprised to hear it's the favourite class of many, and I in no way expect to be unique in claiming it as my preferred class, but it is hands down both my favourite to play and roleplay. There's a bit of hypocrisy in my own words here, however. I love blood elves, and I love paladins, but the paladins that I so adore are the typical knights in shining armour, and as is widely known, the blood knights aren't exactly your typical bastions of goodness!

So, in summary, I like paladins, but usually the sort found in the races of the alliance. I'm fond of blood knights as well, but not to quite the same extent.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm not sure. Good, quality roleplay, like my friend described. Ultimately, I'm just hoping to find something fun.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I've found the rules altogether appealing, but I'd have to say those of maturity and civil language appeal to me the most. Personally, I'm not offended by foul language, and I can put up with immaturity (there's an ignore button, for when the going gets tough), but knowing that my fellows are most likely going to at least be courteous and polite, or hoping that they might be like so, makes me feel quite a bit at ease. Maturity cuts back on annoyance and headaches severely!

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
This, I would prefer to add at a later date. I tend to be easy going and laid back, OOC, but when it comes to RP and other forms of writing, I tend to grow nervous and unsure. To me, writing is one of the greatest ways to learn what a person is like. What details the pay heed to, what words they choose to use, etc.

So for me, a story is something I'd love to submit, but not until I know this is a place I like and want to stay at.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Sure! I've got a question.

How are you? :3
Quote:There's a bit of hypocrisy in my own words here, however. I love blood elves, and I love paladins, but the paladins that I so adore are the typical knights in shining armour, and as is widely known, the blood knights aren't exactly your typical bastions of goodness!

I've come across loads of Blood Elf paladins here, and I must say that they've all been the typical bastions of goodness, mhm.

Quote:Personally, I'm not offended by foul language, and I can put up with immaturity (there's an ignore button, for when the going gets tough), but knowing that my fellows are most likely going to at least be courteous and polite, or hoping that they might be like so, makes me feel quite a bit at ease.

If it ever gets so bad that you find yourself forced to use the ignore button, we have a problem and it should be reported. We have zero tolerance for that sort of thing.

Quote:Sure! I've got a question.

How are you? :3

I'm fine! Yourself?

Anyway, welcome to the server!
Well I'm great, now, seeing this! Thank you for the quick reply (and approval, to boot!)