Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: doogy`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I like to play with players who are intelligent, and like to do more than just spam "gold plz" over and over again while I'm trying to adjust my talents in Stormwind. I play for the friendships and for the fun and for the creative scenarios I (by which I mean my character) might end up in.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
Great Britain. I speak English, so there's no need for a translator. I know a teeny bit of Spanish (enough to find out where the nearest bathroom is, anyway..).

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I was introduced to classic WoW back in 2004. I tried the trial but did not get very far because I was young and the game still seemed large and confusing to me. I enjoyed it, but was a it depressed because paying per month to play such an awesome game seemed excessive (but understandable, don't get me wrong).

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I have played on a few other private servers, but I was put off most because they were always PvP. I'm not a very bug PvP player because I'm not confident in my character's abilities to win a duel with another player. Plus those servers supported donored gear, and at least half of the players had some form of it, so I tried to remain in allied territory to avoid engaging in such endeavors. I wanted to partake in RolePlaying, but the players in the PvP servers weren't having any of that. I have a creative imagination, and I want to use it as often as I can.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy roleplaying as someone who could be considered vial to others. A character who has a job, per se. wowpedia.org explains many different "jobs" that a WoW character could RP as, and I enjoy playing as someone like that. I played "Doctor" growing up and games such as RTS tycoon games appeal to me (such as Theme Hospital or RollerCoaster Tycoon).

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Human, because I can be very flexible, although that might change to Worgen after Cataclysm is released, since you are technically two races (Human and the Worgen themselves, which can probably lead to some very interesting scenarios).
My favourite class is Priest, because I like acting as a supporter rather than a front-line class. I like knowing that someone relies on my abilities other than just myself.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Hopefully this server can fulfill my need to express my creativeness and acting through a fictional and interesting character. As opposed to shooing away lazy beggars at the Auction House while groaning at inflation for seemingly easy to aquire items.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The fact that players are required to be mature at all times. I wish to get away from immature players who basically just go into a server with full donored (or voted for) gear and kill all the lower-level players who just want to play honestly (and have no way to defend themselves because they don't succumb to shelling out real money for better gear).

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(This is an excerpt of my character's background).
My name is Barleficus, and those who are closest to me call me Barlow. I am the son of the spellcaster Fidelius Gadd, who was brutally murdered in front of my brother Marcellius and I by the ruthless Scourge. He was a member of the valient Argent Crusade, a generous trainer of mages and priests alike, a hardworking researcher of the undead and a loving father. Ever since his demise fourteen years ago, I have made a promise to join the fight to stop the vast reaches of the terrible Scourge and avenge him.
I am a Holy Priest, and a member of the Academy of Azeroth, one of the highest ranking education centres the Eastern Kingdoms has to offer. My services are available to all those who seek and deserve it, and welcome to it they are.
As someone who is researching the ever-growing undead Scourge, I have seen many different landscapes; from the tip of Silvermoon City to the remains of Lordaeron's once-great capital to the Steamwheedle Cartel's main area of trade, the exotic Booty Bay.
While my brother and I have separated, we still meet up occasionally to discuss and share our findings. Marcellius was fascinated by the night elves who raised us after our father was slain, and has dedicated his life to learning all that he can about their culture. After the recent crash of what is now known as the Exodar on Azuremyst Isle, he also studies the mighty Draeni who have arrived with it, and the world they call Draenor, known better to us as the Outlands.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Even though I played on PvP servers, I still managed to create a backstory for my main character, and even for my alts, too (Marcellius was at first an unrelated Draeni shaman who I later morphed into a human brother of Barleficus).
Another lovely introduction.

Welcome!