Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Demya`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I currently only work one job, but another will soon be on the way. I enjoy world of warcraft some, but more than anything I enjoy creating and playing characters. Aside from time spent in Azeroth I enjoy going outside, swimming, hiking, fishing. I like spending time with nature and give reverence to it. My biggest goal in life is to become a practicing clairvoyant healer.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from the United States and speak primarily English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A close friend of mine introduced me to the game series and then the MMO about 4 years ago and I've been playing on and off ever since.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I was searching for a Private server with roleplaying as a major factor and seeing that you were relatively strict in who you allow access to I figured I'd be able to find a good community here. And google pointed the way. ^_^

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I honestly spend a lot of time RPing by myself. I feel it helps me with the character. And when I do come into contact with others I treat them exactly how that character would upon meeting them. Occasionally that means completely ignoring someone who's passing by you while you talk to yourself about elemental shifts and alchemical formulas.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Mage is my favorite class and Night elf is my favorite race. You can only imagine how happy I will be when the highborne return.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to find a medium sized, or even small, group of roleplayers to interact with as my characters go about their journeys and possibly while assisting them with theirs.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Knowing when to quit - Godmodding is a whole wonderful section. A lot of times in public servers people forget that they aren't gods who command the people and let their self-absorption rule all they do. These rules point out folly with that as well as giving people some clues as to how everything is likely to work in the world.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
It was cold and dark in the hut. The little girl sat completely still in the corner, her teddy bear held tightly in her arms. She could hear the rustling outside and knew from all the screams she'd heard before that this was nothing she wanted to see. She closed her eyes as a tear dripped down her face. The door creaked slightly, the sound of quick inhaling through nostrils and light grunting came soon after. The shadow of a tall hideous creature stood now in the doorway. It's thin, bony legs and arms; it's long, thin fingers sharp to the tip. Her eyes were shut tight, but this girl was no fool. She knew the beast that had come. Not a day before her village had been ravaged by demons, so now it only made sense that the scavengers of sadness and despair would take over. The creature began to step closer to her and her fear had her trembling and tears falling. Halfway through the hut it stopped. A strange, questioning grunt. The little girl opened her eyes a bit as her teddy bear began to move and grow. It's size doubled and tripled, and then doubled again and again. The teddy bears soft stuffing became fleshlike. It's button eyes became red and fiery. It's soft ears pointed now, moving back. From a teddy bear to a dire bear it grew, and with one swift swipe of it's ferocious claw it pinned the damned creature to the ground, drolling and growling as it gnashed it's teeth. The creature squirmed and as the bear let up it vanished through the hut door squealing in terror. The bear turned to the corner where the little girl sat smiling. It nuzzled her softly and slowly began to shrink. She picked up her darling teddy and stepped out the hut door, searching around for signs of anyone other survivors in her village.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
The above story is a part of the background I'd written for an NPC in a dungeons and dragons campaign I'd created a few years back. The little girl was a spirit shaman and a demigoddess. Her mother, the goddess from which she was born, had raised her in this small village and had ended up having to give her immortality away to end the attack the demons were making on the village she was protecting. The teddy bear was a protector her mother had created in case her daughter had ever need it. I really enjoy RP, but when I'm not creating the story I know how to keep my characters within the limitations of mortality and sensibility.
Very nice intro.

Welcome to the server!