Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: oogyboogyooi`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm basicly somebody who enjoys just about any kind of fiction. Fantasy, science-fiction, medieval, ... You name it!
I'm not that an experienced roleplayer yet, I've only roleplayed for like one or two years.
I guess I'm quite young for a roleplayer, I'm sixteen, years old, soon to be seventeen.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from Belgium, in Europe, and my primary language is dutch. I consider myself to be rather skilled in English tough, I've watched english movies and read english books since when I was a child.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Some of my friends were playing World of Warcraft, they convinced me to give it a shot. I played the trial and I immediatly got hooked. The lore and gameplay really took a old of me and I started playing the official version. Around the same time, I borrowed warcraft 3 from a friend and downloaded its expansion to understand the lore of warcraft better.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I quit paying for the game because I was actually only playing it for roleplaying and quests and I no longer had the funds to pay €15 each month just for that.
I started to look for private servers, hoping to be able to roleplay there but I quickly found out that there were almost none on any of those private servers.
I typed in "wow rp private server", and here I am.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I don't really enjoy one type over another, I think I enjoy all types. I guess it depends on my mood, sometimes I'll like to roleplay an exhausted farmer relaxing in an inn after a long day out in the fields and other times I want to roleplay a bloodthirsty orc challenging everyone in the streets.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Just like I stated above, I enjoy them all, it depends on my mood. I am however very fond of both of the elven races, the undead and the humans.
As for classes, I don't really have a favourite.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I hope to see lots and lots of roleplaying going on, to meet a lot of friendly and social people and I kind of hope that most of the quests won't be bugged.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect, I have quite some experience with immature and rude players and I've really started to hate them with a passion. I don't think that some people realise that there's another real person behind that avatar.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Alarieth was prowling in the trees, high above an unsuspecting party of three humans around a campfire.
They were laughing and talking loudly, not seeming to realise what dangers there were in these woods.
Alarieth had heard their loud voices long before he had seen them, and smelled them even before that.

If there was one race that Alarieth despised, it was the humans. If there was someone who would say that the elves and humans are so alike to each other, Alarieth would cut out his tongue before he could finish that treasonous sentence.
After all, in his eyes, the humans and elves were different in every single way, they were warmongering, uncautious, disrespectfull, honourless and treasonous.

He had snuk up to them effortlessly, so loud were they that they did not suspect the obvious. No doubt that in their foolishness, they had already drunk several mugs of mede and beer.

Alarieth knocked an arrow on his bow, tipped with a viciously barbed head. He drew the arrow back to his ear, his bow making the only sound this evening that could betray him. The humans however, were too busy laughing and filling their mugs yet again. He frowned in concentration and picked his target.

Alarieth picked his target wisely, and aimed for the most slender human, suspecting him to be able to react the soonest.
Just as he was raising his mug to his mouth, Alarieth loosed his arrow, instantly letting it pierce the throat of his target.
Before his two comrades could react to their gurgling comrade reaching for his neck, Alarieth had already draw back a second arrow, and fired it at his next target.

This arrow did not miss its target either, and was plunged into the chest of the second human, making him tumble to the ground.
Finally realising what was going on, the remaining human drew his sword and raised it defiantly, but in Alarieths eyes his acion made him resemble an ogre.

He had to take out this last one differnetly, altough he was a skilled archer, he wasn't very skilled in hitting a moving target, and that was exactly what it was franticly doing.

"Show yourself, mongrel!" The guard bellowed, his chest heaving with nerves and the alcohol weaking his senses. He realised he had drunk too much in an unrelieable place like this, and his comrades had already payed the price.
"You coward!" He shouted, attempting to get his adversary to combat him on the ground, even in this drunken state, he still had a chance to beat this foe, after all, he was the most muscular man of his division.

The human squinted as he watched the treetops, did he see a silhouet moving? He wasn't sure, he was seeing several shadows moving thanks to the fire that was burning brightly next to him.
Before he could make his first smart move of the evening, putting out the fire with his boot to enhance his view, he was interrupted by the tips of two daggers sticking out of his chest.
That also was the last thing he ever saw, the last thing he ever heard was:
"The only good human, is a dead human."
, whispered into his ear.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
This is my second attempt at posting an introduction, if my first one was still being looked at, then I apologise. I posted it four days ago and I got no message.
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Oogyboogyooi! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Make sure to /join chat in-order to join our global OOC channel in-game.

Regarding your initial introduction, it was actually declined due to a number of spelling and grammatical mistakes. You should have received a message in the mail box of the email used for this site stating that it had been declined; in it, one of the staff members included a personal note explaining why. However, it appears that you've fixed the vast majority of the mistakes noted and so are now approved! Huzzah!

The anonymity of the internet is what allows people to be so callous to others. Without immediate negative consequence and with the knowledge that nothing bad can befall them in real life, these people feel that they can lash out and, frankly, be rude. I've had situations where that has happened to me as well (and I'm certain most of us can attest to that!), which is why it's really nice that we enforce rules regarding respect on Conquest of the Horde, whether it's in-game, on the forums, whatever!

Again, welcome welcome! I am looking forward to seeing more of you!
Thanks a lot, it's strange, because I didn't receive a message. I kept waiting like a retard for three days for a reply until I dared to post again. LOL
Anyway, thanks for accepting me, I didn't know I had a lot of mistakes in my first post, maybe it was because I was tired. :?
Not a problem and my pleasure! It could be that the GM who originally declined your introduction accidentally unchecked the box. I would recommend, however, checking your email address to make sure that it is correct in your User Control Panel. You can find it under account settings. If the wrong email address is present, that might be an issue in the future!