Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Derrin`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
First and foremost, my name is Colin. You can choose to call me by my real name or what I have decided to choose as my login name. I really don't care.

I was born in Canada, but I've moved around North America so much that you could just say I'm American as well. Currently, I live in New Brunswick, Canada, which is on the East Coast. I recently graduated, and I plan an working for a year so I'll probably be around for roleplaying quite often (if I get accepted).

I suppose everyone has a huge variety of personality traits and experiences that has shaped them as a person, but I've moved around a lot and have had to learn how to adapt to others and my surroundings more than others - in my opinion. For this, I think it kind of explains why I have an interest in a large variety of things. If I were to meet you, I would probably be up for anything - could be a sport, jamming in my basement with instruments, making films, watching movies, going to social events and parties, writing and exchanging works of literature, roleplaying (dur), having a LAN party, etc. I could write a huge list of things I like to do in my spare time. I just like being around people in general as long as they have the mind to be respectful of others.

A very accurate description of my personality is the ENFP classification. If you have no idea what that is, check out this link (you really don't have to, it's kind of boring for most people. If you're like me, however, you would, so here it is!): http://www.keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=k ... c=Champion

I began roleplaying on Starcraft back in the late 90s. I continued in Warcraft III and on forums made for roleplaying. I've been roleplaying for probably a decade, since I was a wee little boy.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
Born in Canada, currently living in Canada. Dual citizenship with America.

I speak English primarily, but I can understand French quite well. I'm not the best at speaking French, though.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I began playing Warcraft, the original RTS game, when I was a small child. My friend had a copy of the game that he lent me. I had an odd impression of the game, however, since my copy had a glitch or error that made all of the characters talk fast with a squeaky voice. I guess it made the game seem a little silly. Later on, I got Warcraft III after years of Starcraft roleplaying and custom games. I continued roleplaying and other customs on Warcraft III.

I played WoW for about two years total. I've been on and off, playing each expansion for several months and then getting bored because it was just killing creeps and doing quests all alone.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I just searched in google for an RP private WoW server. You guys were one of the first results. Lucky you, eh?

I've always wanted to try out an RP private server on WoW, so here I am. Not much else to it.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I love stories. Within every roleplay is a plot and that's what I'm around for. With an interest in writing as a career, I feel like roleplaying is a healthy exercise for my mind and will help me along the way.

With that being said, I'm up for anything - as long as it can make sense. I prefer players who try to watch their grammar to some extent but I will not be upset for mistakes; everyone makes them.

I can be flexible with roleplaying. I'll play with a crowd, a few people, or whatever I can get. I prefer quality over quantity, which depends on each individual's skill, not how many there are.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I'd say that I prefer the Horde over Alliance, but my top races would be Tauren, Blood Elf, Draenei, Orcs and Night Elves. I just started playing again, so I'm a little rusty and don't really care much for a specific class. I have enjoyed playing as a priest, paladin and warrior in the past, however.

What are your expectations of this server?:
That, once I get into the community and have a character, I will be able to enjoy myself with others in the server. I want to be able to find players who can roleplay in character the way their character is and that we can just be ourselves in OOC. I look for a good community with dedicated players.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I agree with all of the rules. It seems well-structured and I like the idea of the adult and PG-13 rating limitations for the public. I'm not a huge fan of sexual themes and I personally believe that that's a private matter. The rules on that are great and I encourage the use of these rules.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I'm not going to be able to write up a story for awhile, so I'll probably hold off on this. If I can find any of my old stories from previous RP forums or documents then I'll try to update this. I just don't want to put anything down hastily and fail to deliver a fair representation of my writing.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Although I have good experience in roleplaying, this is my first time in an attempt to roleplay on WoW. I haven't even started to work on a character and I have not seen the entire forum - aside from the rules and necessary topics. I may or may not need help in how you start IC in the server. Is there anyone I should contact specifically, or is this a community that relies on all players?
Welcome to the server!

There is a lot one could say about starting off in-character. In terms of character-creation, there are a lot of excellent guides on the forums for the individual classes and races. You may be able to draw some inspiration from there. Once you've decided on a concept, I'd say to make the character, and do whatever leveling you feel you need to look true to your concept. I'd advise to shoot low, to start- You don't want to spend a week getting to level 50, then realize you don't like the character so much.

After that, find a spot your character would hang out in and see if you can find others to join you. Alternatively, use the "who" tab of your social pane to find out where other people are RPing, and come up with a reason to be there. Hotspots are typically goblin towns, and wherever big guilds go.

If you need any further advice, don't be afraid to PM a GM about it.
Alright, thanks for the info! I've read some of the pages already on races and classes, but I'll keep researching.