Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Sateisra`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I play because although I enjoy the adventures and thrills that traditional media afford (books, movies, etc.), I find that sometimes a story is much more engaging and memorable when it is interactive. World of Warcraft has a visually impressive engine, one that lends itself with facility to roleplaying and is thus home to a large roleplaying community, one which I wish to join.

I played WoW retail for five years. For much of my earlier years I was a hardcore casual (i.e. I played a lot but still sucked) but in WotLK I became a duelist in 2v2 arena and also raided Ulduar hardcore. After this time the endless rat race of getting the latest gear began to wear on me and I ultimately quit altogether.

I RPed somewhat regularly for about my first two years, but finally stopped completely by my third year with the decline of the RP community almost across the board having no small part in this.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm born and raised in America; English is my native tongue.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Oh, semantics. Is this asking how I heard of it, or how I became addicted to it? I began the Warcraft series with Reign of Chaos and have been an avid fan since. World of Warcraft was such an insanely good game at the time of its release that I couldn't help being addicted.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I googled "WoW RP private server". Really, that was it. I played on Libertas WoW for a spell and GMed for Enmity/Azshara WoW (two iterations of a small RP server that has since gone by the wayside) and enjoyed it very much. Something in me craves servitude, and GMing made me feel quite nice; perhaps, however, that's just my way of telling myself nicely that I love attention and respect. Still, I disliked Enmity, Azshara and Libertas because their community was composed almost universally of anime fans and could be quite inappropriate at times (language, sexual things, etc.). I've nothing against anime fans; I think anime is great and that each should do what makes em* happy, but I really don't care much at all for anime.

*I make full use of Spivak pronouns.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
All the combat RP I've seen for my entire time has been almost without exception completely lame and clunky. A good portion of them simply degenerated into disputes of what is and isn't reasonable (in caps lock, of course). Thus, I prefer any RP that involves speaking and as little combat as possible. RPing in large groups can sometimes be interesting but I often find it better to do it in groups of <5.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Whichever race/class is being portrayed with the most character and accuracy. The most famed roleplayer on one server I played on, Steamwheedle Cartel US, was a human warlock named Keruptis SaDiablo. He reeked of character and was bad to the bone. He hardly ever spoke out of character, which added to the mystique about him, and went out in a blaze of glory (if you wish, read about him on WoWWiki).

Any class/race has the potential to be amazing. The bowler makes the shoes; the shoes do not make the bowler.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To be honest, I don't know what to expect since I haven't explored much yet, but hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised. Of course, I do expect that a lot of anime-lovers will be here, but perhaps I can learn to love them.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I most like the zero-tolerance approach to disrespect for GMs. Among all communities, I have never seen one so full of disrespectful people than WoW's. (The DotA, HoN and LoL community is a close second). During my time as a GM, I spent lots of time dealing with drama over bans and kicks and it's good to see that this server won't have their GMs' time wasted.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Too sleepy at the moment. Will come around to it eventually.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
In my free time (that's not spent gaming), I enjoy reading, writing both prose and poetry, learning languages (nearing proficiency in Latin, have been exposed to Hindi and Ancient Greek), playing guitar and, of course, being in the company of my friends.
Welcome to the server! We have players from all walks of life on CotH, anime fans included. That's one of the things that makes it such a fun community to be part of.

Be sure to check up on the rules and guides before heading in-game, and enjoy your stay!