Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Irondark`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I've been playing table top RP for almost 25 years. It all started with a weird little box with some strange plastic dice in unusual shapes. I think I've played probably all the main games, and a few of the not so mainstream. My first MMO was Everquest, started just after the third expansion. Which I can not remember the name of...

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
The United States of America, and my primary language is American English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I had stopped playing online games for a while, then decided to try Warcraft out. I had played the strategy games and I liked the world.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
A friend of mine found the server and suggested I might like it as it is all Roleplaying.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Roleplaying of all kinds is great. Its hard to pick any one kind, but simply being in character with other people, usually while hunting is my favorite. Sitting around in a tavern can get boring. I'm a hero dangit, there's maidens to save!

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Paladins of all sorts. I like the strength of the fighter style, and the ability to be self supporting with healing abilities. Story-wise, there can be a lot of conflict with a paladin and their past, or a paladin and others they come into contact with.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To have a good time, have other people who like to roleplay around, and not have to see names/actions that break roleplaying. Seeing Beefcake the Tauren warrior sort of annoys a little part of my innermost roleplaying soul.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Keyboard skills. I know its probably a little petty of me, but how hard is it to type 'you' instead of 'u'?

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The sun glittered off the surface of a small pond, the dancing light weaving through the emerald trees. A deer stepped to the edge of the water, nervously looking around. Warily, she lowered her head to drink. Her head came back up as she glanced about. No sounds. The forest was quiet.

As she bent back to the water a wild squeal sent her bounding off into the forest in a panic. Had she stayed, the deer might have witnessed a petite cannonball splashing down in the pond. Rising back up through the water came a gnome, her wild hair momentarily tamed by water streaming off her. She paddled about happily, occasionally checking about the area. She was nowhere near the caution level of the deer, but it was obvious that she was not entirely unaware of her surroundings.

As the sun crossed into afternoon, the gnome paddled back into shore and lay out on a blanket, letting the warm rays dry her out. She dozed, ignoring the few lazy insects that flitted about. Once dry, she yawned and stretched, reaching for the pack that held her things.

She dove forward, coming up with a short sword as a similar weapon sliced air where she had been. Her large eyes were curious, and more than a little irked as she gazed at the dog-like gnoll that had interrupted her afternoon.

"Well, really!" She huffed. "You could have waited for me to get dressed!"

The dog-creature laughed. "I take your armor. I take your shiny golds."

"Oh?" She blinked, half lowering her sword. "Well if that's all you want. You can take it."

The gnoll looked surprised. Then he grinned and rushed her.

She wasn't there anymore. She had moved when he had, her blade a crescent blur in the cool afternoon air. The pure silver flowed red and the gnoll dropped, his neck slit open.

Muttering to herself, the little warrior wiped her blade on the body, and then proceeded to dress and armor herself.

"Stupid dog." She sighed, grabbing the taller gnoll by a foot. With some effort, she dragged it further into the forest so it would not taint the pond. That done, she headed back to the trail, wondering where the next adventure would begin.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I have a slightly odd sense of humor, and it takes a lot to offend me. I like to think I am pretty laid back and easy going.

One question I have is, am I limited to a particular character type? As in, does a class get assigned to you?
Welcome to the server!

Be sure to read over the guides and rules present throughout the forums and wiki, and have fun in there!

Oh, and... No. Nope. You can play any classes you like, though you may only have one Death Knight character at a time.