Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Grimnir`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
To start of with my name is Scott. I'm currently in university, though on summer break as I write this. I'm shy but make up for it by having, what I believe, a great sense of humor. My hobbies are swimming in the summer, hockey in the winter, and video games all year.

In terms of being a player, I enjoy a most genres of games: action-adventure, role-playing, puzzle, first person shooters, real-time strategy, racing, and of course MMO/MMORPG. Truthfully I enjoy the gameplay and content over metagaming, as I have horrible gaming skills, especially compared to other gamers. My all time favorite game is The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind; which if you haven't played before, I highly recommend. Even though it's single player, the role play value is amazing from all the freedom that is given to character creation, the environment, and the game play. But I digress...

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from Canada, which is a very fortunate country to live in, all and all. I live in Atlantic time (which is four hours earlier than Greenwich time). Just wanted to give you a more specific idea of where I live without revealing to much.
I have spoken English for the entirety of my live (minus 2 years give or take). I have studied French in school for 9 years, as Canada has two national languages; but I wouldn't be able to effectively role play in French.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
For the Warcraft series in general, I started playing Warcraft III. Before I started playing WoW, I had played around with a few other MMORPG's. I finally settled on WoW, immediately being pulled in by it's lore. I am a huge lore junkie; you would be surprised how much lore even the Halo series has.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I'll answer both questions. To be frank, I actually Googled "wow role playing server" and arrived at this site. Two things I noticed about this server that I really liked were that it appeared well structured, and the community appeared to be very tight-knit. To me it seems like a good recipe for an enjoyable RP experience for everyone.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
For the most part I enjoy most, if not all types of roleplaying. Obviously adventure roleplaying is enjoyable, and my preference; however sometimes just telling tales why sipping ale suffices. In terms of group sizes, I prefer small groups or one-on-one. Big groups seem a little .... rowdy to me. Though if there was ever a server event I could attend, I defiantly would join and help out.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Bar none, Dwarves are, and most likely will always be my favorite race. I don't know what it is, but I think they're great. Actually now that I think about it, it is probably the beards, they're magnificent.

Warrior is probably my favorite class, for WoW at least. Nothing beats swinging huge axe that is bigger than yourself into your enemies. Plus, I admit, I like to play paper doll with my characters and all the armor available to warriors. I also like mages as well. Not so much in WoW, but pure magic based characters in other games, coughelderscrollscough.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I guess really the only thing is to build a strong role playing foundation here, if that makes any sense. I wish I could write more, but that's all i can think of at the moment.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Out of all of them I would say being respectful is the most important rule, to me at least. It's an umbrella term that covers a lot of other problems. Also, even if you're a fantastic role player or not, you should always show respect to others.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
[I just wrote this up quickly. I doesn't take place in the Warcraft universe. The Slackjaw is just something I made up].

Cyrus woke an hour before the sun rose. Slowly he pushed the blankets of him, and pulled himself out of bed. He sat on the side of his bed for a moment, mentally organizing everything he would have to do for the coming day.

He went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. It had been a few days since he last shaved, and a scruf beard had begun to emerge. He pulled his razor blade out of the cabinet, but decided against it and put it away. He began to fill his tub, leaving enough room for the water to touch the top of the tub when he went in. Slowly he lowered himself in the lukewarm water, and scrubbed himself down.

After his bath, Cyrus ate a quick breakfast of bread and jam. He stepped outside his kitchen, and looked at the scenery around him. Though his farm was small, it still engulfed the land around him. The sun had begun to inch its way over the mountains that surrounded the small valley Cyrus lived in.

Walking to his shed, Cyrus picked up the two baskets that rested on the outside wall of the small building. Today he would harvest his crops. it had been a good season, and the winter would be easy on him this time. He walked to the nearest patch of carrots and began his work.

Cyrus worked for many hours. However, he did not pace himself, and as the afternoon came, his back was sore from pulling the plants from their roots in the ground. he eventually had to resort to stretching his back after every pull, slowing down his momentum to an almost halt. He eventually reached his onions. Cyrus reached down to the nearest one when his eye caught something. Many of the onions had dug out of the earth. The soil was fresh. Cyrus stood up straight, then looked to his left. There stood the Slackjaw, staring at him, not eating anything at the moment. It's clawed forelegs curled into the ground, like a primates. Slobber dripped from it's protruding jaw. Cyrus looked around for anything to defend himself. He saw a rake lying 30 meters to his right. Taking one last look at the beast, he bolted to his divine weapon. Though he could not see the Slackjaw anymore, he heard it barking behind him, getting slowly louder. When he was a few meters away from the rake, he dove for it, grabbing on and rolling to face the beast. He quickly stood up from his crouch as the Slackjaw leaped at him. Using all the might he had left, he swung the rake at it. It his the side of the Slackjaws face, the teeth cutting in. Cyrus sidestepped to the right as the beast tumbled pass. It was soon on its feet again for another lunge. Cyrus flipped the rake over, using the handle as a bat. The Slackjaw leaped at him again, it's maw wide open. Cyrus swung low, hitting the beast in the legs. If fell on top of him, knocking him over. He quickly pushed it off of him, the danger was now gone.

The beast powerful forelegs were damaged, it could barely limp. Cyrus held the rake, ready to cave it's skull in. But he looked at the lame beast, and lowered the tool. He hit the ground with it, scaring the Slackjaw back. Slowly he herded it to the gate of the fence that surrounded his land. Quickly he opened the gate, forcing the beast to go through. After slamming the gate shut, the Slackjaw looked at him for a moment, before limping off. Cyrus knew it might return, and knew it would probably die anyway, since it greatest strength, it's powerful forelegs were ruined. It would be helpless to predators. But Cyrus would not kill. He left the great armies to become a farmer, and left his blood-thirst behind as well.

Looking around, he realized that most of his crops were picked. He had enough for the winter. The rest he would keep there, a last dinner for one of his adversaries.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Just wanted to mention that this is a reintroduction, just in case you needed to know that for some reason.