Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Leakypipes`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hello merry gentlemen! It's with a great deal of nervousness I write this like every other time. Introductions are in order and I happen to be terrible at handling them, I've roleplayed a great deal as I've grown up, many different settings and many different characters. I've tried roleplaying in the world of warcraft(!) before and I've found it lacking as the problem was not only in the players but rather the entire game struggling against you, I hope that this server will be a better ground for adventure (as much as it seems to be!). What more.. Yes well as I said earlier I am somewhat experienced, mainly coming from tabletop games and I really don't know what else to say, I hope the rest of my personal character can be discovered to your liking through further questioning if so is required.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am swedish but I speak english quite fluently.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I played warcraft 3 and when I heard of the mmo my excitement was well warranted as of the aforementioned excellent game.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I think I covered that in my initial introduction and it already seems that my introduction is turning into a huge ball of disorder. But anyway I found the retail servers in a state of lacking quality mostly as they were inhabited by a large part of people that wanted easy kills and this is the first private roleplaying server I found.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Anything really, I enjoy playing in groups, leading, following orders, intrigue, romance, relaxed, intense and really I can't think of any kind I shun although my favourite is combat, assassination or death in general. it might sound strange but there is a certain unique quality in plays that involve life and death; intensity on all parts, the players doing their outmost for whetever their reasons may be. Whether an enemy is being slain or my own life is on the line. (Now I hope that this preference isn't going to get me denied *laugh* I won't play it unless it is warranted as it is something too easily overdone.)

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Troll/anything, mage has a certain plus but it's probably just because of nostalgia (my first wow character was a troll mage) but if I'm asked to justify it it's because of the raw very natural quality of the trolls, being the oldest and arguably the least civilized race they are walking the constant line between good and evil, fighting for their lost empire or just to preserve their tradition. The troll mages wield the primal forces of magic, not the studious mages of the arcane universities they are the low magic setting kind of mages that use the powers that has been passed down for generations to help their people be it in wartime or in peace, I'm sort of comparing them to the witches of folklore using magic to help or sabotage for the nearby population.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm expecting to have some fun, I also hope that you'll show me the best side of roleplaying world of warcraft has to offer.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
First off I'd like to say how I like all of the rules, but my favourite I think is this rule of introduction. By looking through the joining players like this it feels as you're creating a mature and good environment for roleplaying in whatever form it may take.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I think I'll save this for gruntship, currently not quite feeling it. Then I can probably also write it around my character I hopefully have by then!

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I just found the server and wrote an introduction after looking around the forums for a bit, it certainly feels as a good community with a lot of interesting ideas. I don't think there are any questions I have right now that cannot be answered by searching a little further. So as for now this is good bye but I'll add that I am eagerly anticipating your answer hoping that it will be a positive one.
Welcome! Make sure you familiarize yourself with the rules, policies, and Frequently Asked Questions. Also, take time to explore the site and wiki! You'll be glad you did!

I'd also suggest having a look at the guides on the level of spelling and grammar expected on the server here.