Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: omgodzilla`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
My name is Jon, I'm 19 years old and I'm a roleplayer. Over used? Too cliche? Got it. No, but seriously... I'm currently a college student within New York. My major? Don't have one at the moment. Working that one out, slowly but surely.

As far as I go personality-wise, I'm the following: Shy, kind, humorous, friendly and caring. Things that I'm probably not: Outgoing (lol), adventurous and sometimes slightly anti-social... oh well.

In regards to my family and life at home... oh yeah, I live at home. There's both my mom and dad, as well as our two dogs Rusty and Rosco. I also have one sibling, my half-brother, his wife and their baby son/my nephew. In general though, we have an extremely large family... and the very small amount of people I just mentioned are only the tip of the iceberg, so to speak.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
Well technically my family originated from Italy, specifically just outside Naples. However, it was my grandfather's parents whom moved from Italy to the U.S. Once here, they moved to Brooklyn, New York, which became their new home... and well, ours too.

My primary language is English, however, I have taken both Italian and Japanese in school. I would argue that I'm tri-lingual but am unfortunately not fluent in Japanese.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Originally, I was introduced by a friend from school. He told me about this game, which was new and extremely fun. This just so happened to be "World of Warcraft". Which I soon came to know and love, and became largely addicted too (oops :S). Since, then I've been pretty much hooked. I have taken frequent breaks from the game, only to come back and play again, once more.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Well actually this is the second rp dedicated server I have found to date. The other being (which you guys may or may not be aware of) Echelonedwow. They were the first role-play server I came into contact with.

While still an occasional member, I find them briefly-put, to cater to a more "Immature" audience. That is not to say there isn't talented role players on their servers, trust me, there is indeed. It just seems to me, that the majority are more entertained by the creature morphs, overpowered items and god-like powers.

This is what lead me to only recently go out and about, in search of a new rp server. And by the power that is "Google" I came across this one, in particular.

Interestingly enough, and in direct-contrast to Echeloned, this server completely took me by surprise. I mean a server that requires you to apply for entry, through an interview-like introduction... genius, no? One where you can't simply create a character and log into the chaos that Echeloned harbors (no offense). A place where like minded role players, meet and interact with one another. Too good to be true? I do believe I have just been proven wrong, and am ecstatic to be.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Personally amongst the ones listed, I enjoy; Fighting, action and danger. Crowds, and possibly some light tavern role play.

Coming from Echeloned however, I am formally used to some what different, forms of role play. Some examples being: Kingdom/Castle, village, survival, adventure, prison role plays, as well as a few others. Basically for me, this is sort of like a kid transferring from public school to private school, if that makes sense. I went from a less strict environment, where expectations of one are not entirely crucial... to a more "professional" like environment, where expectations are heightened, and are expected to be met, along with more personal responsibilities.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race would have to be the Dwarfs. Their lore (which I'm only slightly familiar with) and their life styles and beliefs seem to appeal to me, much more than any of the others.

As for a favorite class? That would be a toss up, between a Mage and Warlock. Since, I'm a huge fan of magic it's hard to pick one over the other.

What are your expectations of this server?:
A more "mature" and "professional" role play environment, than what I have previously experienced and am used to.

I am by no means the best role player out there, but I do like to consider myself "decent", and am hoping to meet others like myself, whom like to take rp to the next level and even beyond. For the record, I enjoy meeting role players who easily blow me out of the water in epic sentence vs. sentence battles. I find the competition healthy and exhilarating. The challenge, provokes my inner-role player, and forces me to be better than just average. I am hoping to see some of this here... and what a refreshing change it will be.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I am personally intrigued most, by the "Powergaming" section. It accurately describes Echeloned (unfortunately) on a daily basis. The whole run up to someone, stab them, then laugh and run. Not only dumb, but pointless.

I look forward to this, as it seems (and I believe is mentioned as well) to induce more creative and interactive role play. Immersing the player(s), while also warranting options, of whether to engage or abstain.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
...And the parchment fell, descending to the ground urgently. As he glanced over his shoulder, Malizar noted the partially unraveled document. He slowly turned and knelt before the slightly wrinkled scroll, leaning in-ward to properly assess what information it contained. Faded black ink, portrayed strange characters of which he had never seen. A foreign language, whose scribblings seemed to indicate nothing.

Peering through the manuscript... Malizar focused his attention towards the center, captivated at the unmistakable mark. He highlighted it in his mind, staring at it, assured. He was familiar with its infamous depiction. The illustration was that of the fallen Titan; Sargeras.

He immediately, advanced forwards to the nearby table and sat down, on the dust-covered oaken bench. The white half melted wax candle beside some , mounted on its golden holster, had not been lit in some time. Clearing space for the manuscript, he carefully set it down. He gradually unraveled the remaining portion... slowly processing each image, left to right. Each one potentially important, sparked nothing within his capacity. Beyond average comprehension, these images required precise analysis. An expert, whom he would seek out. Perhaps he would know... perhaps he could decode the foreign encryption... (Kind of did this one on the fly, usually the only way I do it, as it would take an enormous amount of time for me to pre-write this and get it to a satisfactory point.)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Well first and foremost, while excited to be give the opportunity to apply for your professional and exceptional role playing community... to be honest, I'm slightly nervous. To become apart of an experienced community such as this, where mine seems to pale in comparison. What I'm attempting to say is, it will most likely take me a good deal of time to adapt to this server as opposed to my previous. But all in all, it seems to be a good change and one for the better. I look forward to any and all responses that my application may incite. Yeah, I think that's about it. Later.
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Jon! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Make sure to /join chat in-order to join our global OOC channel in-game.

While I haven't personally played on any other private realm, I have heard a bit about Echelonedwow from other neophyte members of the Conquest of the Horde community. They've made similar comments regarding the players on that server. As you've noted, we're a little different regarding how we approach inviting new members. Our beloved introduction serves two purposes in that regard: it allows us to gauge offhand whether or not an individual would be a fit into our community (primarily in regards to writing ability), but it also allows us to get to know the player! Everyone wins!

And don't be worried about becoming acclimated to Conquest of the Horde. We're a fairly friendly bunch of people and many are willing to take neophyte members underwing and help them get involved with the community. Take the time you need, frequent the forums if that strikes your fancy, and -- most of all -- have fun!

Again, welcome to the server!