Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Denadrin`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm a pretty casual gamer; I don't raid much and don't get frustrated easily unless greeted with complete incompetence and unwillingness to cooperate. My history with games stretches back for quite some time, so I know my way around the li'l courtesies of the internet.

I've RPed for about 4 years or so and quickly fell in love with it.

When I'm not doin' my RP thing on WoW, I sometimes get on the ol' 360. That's when I'm very, very bored however. ;P

You'll find me to be pretty laid back and easy going; I'm a firm believer in the sayin' of, "Play your -own- character," so you won't be seeing me get frustrated over the diverse amount of people in this community.

My experience with RPin' would be from everything to tavern talk RP to storyline RP; I've created an NPC before that lasted a good while while my guildies and I put some pieces together to figure out the proper way to kill him for good.

Le'see, aside from me liking cherry cobbler (And who doesn't? :o ) I think that's a nice summery for myself.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
Born and raised in the U.S.A. and English is my language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
First, it was the PvP.
Then, it was the PvE.
And then, I felt that I'd give RPin' a shot, just for grins. Turns out, I liked it; been at it for about 4 years now.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
The magic of Google when I first stumbled upon here. I recently came back
however because I felt that payin' a subscription for -just- RP wasn't the type of deal for me.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
All types of RP. Pretty much anything that will advance my char's
storyline; whether this be through means of negative events or positive
ones is unimportant, can't control the future!

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
At first it was trolls / anything melee. I'm a sucker for troll accents;
they're fun to type, and just as fun to pronounce once you get all those
butchered words off!

Melee because a troll with an axe or sword? Yeesh~ better get running' from
that monstrosity! :O

What are your expectations of this server?:
RP. Some RP. And a final li'l bit of RP. I've already been here to know
that the expectations for this community's members are set high.

Members are required to put detail into their characters and are filtered
out if their characters are of horrible, horrible, backgrounds. Ah~ the
attention grabbing Mary Sues. -Non existent here, it smells like sweet
apples!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
"Keyboard skills"

If you can type well, there's hope for you.

Never have I ever seen a person who types well and has a moronic character.
My belief is that if you can't take the time to correct errors in your
typing, or capitalize your I's, then you certainly won't have enough time
to think more then "My char is here right now. He wants things."

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
((I'll type up somethin' later.))

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I remember back in the day prestige classes were available to grunts if
they proved to be very committed to the character. I am unsure if Savagekin is considered one of these class titles, but I've plenty of experience
RPing one and I can guarantee you that I'm not going to be some abomination of a Savagekin. (I.E. "KITTY!!!")

If Savagekin aren't aloud, I suppose I can think of another concept. Would probably pick up my troll char again if that were the case.
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Denadrin! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Make sure to /join chat in-order to join our global OOC channel in-game.

Eww, I don't like cherry cobbler! I think that it's the texture more than anything; I either like my fruit firm or pureed; when they're placed in pies or other pastries, they tend to be something in-between the two. Hopefully we can still be friends!

You are very correct -- prestige classes still exist and are available to Grunts who have played the applying characters for at least a month after their profiles' initial approvals. As I recall, we do consider savagekin to be prestige titles and they are available to the community if people would like to pursue that particular path of character growth. You've put your finger on the largest problem associated with druids and their forms; I've seen a lot of people on retail use them to be overly silly rather than embracing the concept as the Warcraft universe does.

As a reminder, you may want to come back to this introduction at a later date to include your story! It is a requirement of becoming a Grunt. One of the staff will look here to see that you have either updated the post to include a story or a link to one that you have written and posted on this site. Fortunately, you cannot become a Grunt until you have been an active member of good-standing for a minimum of one month, so you have plenty of time!