Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: HappyShackles`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I have been playing video games for as long as I can remember, and have always wanted to be more a part of the story then I was. MMO's always appealed to me, but I never got really into them. I decided now was the time, and I decided that if I did, I would want to roleplay as much as possible.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
The United States of America, English

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A friend of mine was talking about play Warcraft III one day when I came over. I thought it looked interesting. I vividly remember him playing as Night Elf, and showing me the basics. I then played a few games, amateurly, and got so into it that I bought it soon after. I didn't get into roleplaying until my past two years in Warcraft. Now I come to WoW, for my third attempt at playing it, with hopes that an RP atmosphere will motivate me to stay.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I asked my friend if there where any good RP servers, and he said to look at conquest of the horde.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I truthfully enjoy all types, and can do all of them fairly well. However, I like to keep them small. Five people or less, just because of how hectic it can get.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I... Have not played WoW in a very long time, but I must say that when I first played I used a Night Elf Rogue, and I enjoyed it very much. Now that I feel mature enough to not be obsessed with the assassin/sniper/rogue mentality of a twelve year old, I think I want to try something magical in nature. Perhaps a Forsaken Warlock.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I want to roleplay with a group of people that meet my standards, and make my experience on WoW as good as it can get.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Godmodding is always an issue in roleplays. It got so ridiculous at one point, I attempted to make my characters simply not strong at all, letting them be thrown around. I lose enjoyment in RP when I see godmodding, and if there was no such thing, the world would be a better place. (I'm aiming for Miss America)

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Aliden cussed under his breath, though still grinning at the bandits that surrounded him. He was just outside the town where he had heard of the woman. The theif. Turned to face one of the bandits as they exited the brush and shrugged, his cloak concealing everything about him except his grin and a few strands of silver hair. One of the bandits was ready to bring his dagger at him, and Aliden turned to this one, speaking in almost a whisper with a little chuckle at the end.

"What is it you want, friend..."

The bandit laughed at his confidence, ready to bring his knife at him.

"Well. We want all yer stuff, and yer body. So no use tryin' ta convince us ta spare ya, we ain't gonna. We gonna kill ya an take all yer stuff and sell yer corpse to some strange fella we met in the next town over."

Aliden chuckled at this again, and then motioned for that bandit to charge at him. He did so instantly, and in a very sloppy manner. Aliden simply stepped off to the side, gripping the man's hand and elbow, ice sprouting from the hand against his elbow and severing his arm in half instantly, though still frozen in place. The bandit fell to the ground, his three friends wide-eyed at what had just happened. He was screaming in pain, though it seemed his arm was still in tact, only a patch of ice on his elbow, but this myth was proved false when Aliden laughed and stepped on the man's elbow, his arm shattering in half easily. The other men, instantly upset with the man who had just defied their death threat, charged simultaneously. They shouldn't have done that... They should have left... But no.

Aliden looked to the next closest one, who held a crude rusty iron axe. It was almost laughable as it contacted Aliden's arm, barely penetrating him as a shield of a more solid ice stopped the blade before doing any real harm. Aliden kneeled, his hood flying back as he pressed his palm to the man's chest and an icicle sprouted through his chest, killing him instantly. He grabbed the axe from the man and looked towards the next one with a shortsword, tossing the axe crudely at him. The man laughed and sidestepped easily, only to be met with Aliden's palm against his face as his eyes froze solid, his optic nerves freezing all the way to his brain, killing this one as well. He grabbed the man by his knee and froze the entire bottom half of his leg beneath his thigh, snapped it off and swung it against the last man's head, knocking him out. Kill him? Sure.

He kneeled down and closed his hand in a fist, and it gradually covered itself in ice in a very sharp, spear-like object piercing through the man's head and brain effortlessly. He stood, the battle scar on his arm nothing more then a scratch, and started back on his way down towards the town. The woman was there...

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nope. Just thanks for the chance at a decent RP community.
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, HappyShackles! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Make sure to /join chat in-order to join our global OOC channel in-game.

Your friend is a good friend to have recommended this server to you! Does he play here as well? While I still maintain an account on Blizzard's servers, like many of our members I've grown jaded and dejected with their roleplaying servers. I think that the biggest problem is that they really don't actively enforce their own rules but instead leave the policing to the community. As a result, as a community shifts from roleplaying and becomes something similar to a typical PvE server, we're no longer in the majority and so our voice slowly becomes lost.

Hopefully you'll think that we're better than just decent. It's my hope that we'll exceed your expectations. Again, welcome to Conquest of the Horde!
I actually, upon asking about it, learned that I had more then one friend that used to be a part of CotH. The first friend who mentioned it to me does not play anymore, since his computer malfunctioned. He'll get it back in awhile, about two months. The second friend said he had issues with some administrators, and said he hated them. He spoke of an incident that was no doubt bias in his description, and so I disregarded it, but one or two bad things going on aren't a big deal to me.
As a fairly new and unbiased player, I'll tell you I haven't met or seen a single admin or GM ingame who has been anything other than helpful and respectful. The occasions in which I've reported bugs or general server issues have been answered directly and kindly.

So, salutations, and good roleplaying!
GrantHammerhoof Wrote:As a fairly new and unbiased player, I'll tell you I haven't met or seen a single admin or GM ingame who has been anything other than helpful and respectful. The occasions in which I've reported bugs or general server issues have been answered directly and kindly.

So, salutations, and good roleplaying!

Indeed. GMs usually get a lot of crap from players sometimes, though. Even though they're just doing their job. Your friend is overreacting. Anywho. . . Hello and welcome to the Aperture Science Enrichment Center