Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: snailie`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I would describe myself as a modern philosopher, with an old fashioned heart. It sounds rather contradictory, but it would make sense if you got to know me.
I enjoy endless hours of grinding, but RPing is where the real fun comes in for me.
I usually do my Rping on wc3, with sotdrp, or vuens. I am what you would call an "epic builder".

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from the great nation of Canada. (the queen was just in my city! :D haha)
I speak english, and french (poorly).
I live in a very multiculteral city, so i'm working on a few different languages right now. hopefully in a few years i should have some under my belt.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I started warcraft back in the wc2 days. i've been hooked on the gameplay, and lore for most of my life now.
Damn you blizz, you make good games!

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
This server seems exactly what i was looking for. I found you on google search.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy all kinds of RP, as long as there are people that are just as serious as me, around me.
The quality of RP often depends on your partner's skill, as well as yours..

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
That's hard to say.
I do love the undead, though. They are so naturally nasty, and hateful. They also make for quite comedic Rps at times.

What are your expectations of this server?:
pretty high. i expect to have fun.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I like the fact that you have to fill out a questionnaire. It shows that you're looking for 100% quality players. I respect that, and i hope i can be one of them.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
. this shall be a piece of a journal of a young man, that fought under lord lothar, in the final fight of the second war. (bare with me. this is just some freestyle writing.

Entry 335-
On this great day, I have completed my training. The commander said i will be sent off at dawn. i am rather excited, though i will miss daisy, and the others.
Entry 336-
I cannot believe this. We march into the heart of blackrock. I would tremble at this, if it were not for the lion of azeroth, Lord Lothar leading us. We are sure to win.
Entry 337-
We have done it. we have taken blackrock fortress, but not without a price. Our lord lothar was slain. The paladin, Turalyon has taken command, in his place.
I have also taken a flesh wound, It is on my abdomen, but it does not look too deep. I told noone of it. It would dishonor me to be wounded in my first battle.
I miss daisy. She always made me feel better.
entry 338-
(the writing is less legible, and a bit of blood is smeared on the page)
It seems my wound has become infected. It festers, and i have lost quite a bit of blood. I feel weak. I have dishonored myself. I should really go see the medic.
Oh daisy, i miss you so. i can't wait to hold you, run with you, play with you. I love yo...... (the writing trails)
Entry 339-
I have awoken. It seems i am in a cemetery, yet it feels comfortable.
My hands and body are almost like bones. I still have the wound from before. I fear for the worst.
Entry 340-
I am almost positive that i am dead. I feel no pain, and my body works fine. I have been awake for more than 50 hours now, and i do not feel hunger. I didn't know the afterlife was like this.
Something is pulling me; a strange force. I think i will follow.
Entry 341-
I am ashamed of myself today. I had encountered another human. As i approached him, he fled. My visage was too much for him to bare. Then, as he was running, i experienced something like nothing else... this.. hunger. It seemed like i was ten times faster and stronger. I caught up to him. i leaped on to him, and i ripped his throat out with my teeth. I had a euphoric feeling, like no other, at that moment.
Now i am just filled with disgust with myself.
Entry 342-
I have been traveling for days now, and i finally recognize something. It seems i was being pulled to my home.
It was vacant, and war torn, like many homes i've seen these days.
There were 2 graves out back. i dug them both up. One of them I did not recognize. The grave was unmarked. The other grave i dug up was my precious daisy.
I wept for days at the side of my dead companion, until it dawned on me: if I was brought back, my daisy could be brought back.
I swept her bones into a bag, and carried on my way.
Daisy, my sweet little dog, i will bring you back.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Snailie! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Make sure to /join chat in-order to join our global OOC channel in-game.

You mentioned that the quality of roleplay is dependent not only on the roleplayer but also the people with whom he roleplays. That's a fairly insightful statement! Roleplay (particularly in World of Warcraft) is a collaboration; in order to be successful, more than one person needs to be involved. However, that also means that these people also share the spotlight and so should be given fair opportunity to explore their own concepts and story ideas and so on. That way, everyone enjoys the experience!

I've never really considered the Forsaken to be fairly comedic. Tragic, yes, but not comedic! Could you provide an example?

Just a reminder, make sure to capitalize that pesky I! While we can be fairly tolerant of people's writing ability due to not being native speakers, or the occasional flub, or even fat fingers (like mine!), we do require that members make at least the minimal effort required to use correct capitalization and punctuation!
I find the forsaken funny for a few reasons.
One of which is, most of them were rather passive, kind people, in life. Upon becoming the forsaken they all become hate-filled anarchists.
"some people are born A**holes, others just died that way."
Instead of working really hard to become the supreme race, they spend all of their time bringing everyone down to their level. It's kind of a pseudo-domination.
Also, the dance speaks for itself.

p.s. I will try to make a conscious effort with capitalization.