Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: trainchaser`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, there's a lot to say, but I'll try not to bore you to death. I started very quick - I read "Hobbit" and "Lord of the Rings" as a kid in primary school and got really hooked on the fantasy setting. Read a lot of books and started playing all kinds of games, beginning with first computer RPGs (my favourite cRPGs are Ultima VII, Fallout, Fallout 2 & Arcanum) and then moving to MUDs and Ultima Online (RP servers). I love roleplay-intensive MUDs, but lately found your WoW server and thought about giving the game a go.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
Poland/Polish. However I work as a translator and play many games/read books in English, therefore I have no problem with using it.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well, I played Warcraft 1, then bought Warcraft 2 and loved it. I also tried Warcraft 3 but did not like it for some reason (it felt boring after all the RTS games I played before - nothing new) and then checked WoW, but left after an hour or so because it seemed like Tibia with better graphics (kids killing each other, no RP whatsoever etc.).

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Via Google, by entering "WoW RP server" out of curiosity. Then read the forums, checked the page and I thought I should try it!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I've played as a druid, rogue, warrior and a merchant, so no preference really. Or maybe? I like ranger characters, which hang around the town but also look for adventure, with a bow in hand and a green cloak on my back :)

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Probably human ranger if there is such combination. I need to check WoW better and I intend to do it on this server.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Friendly atmosphere, role-play and good fun. Not just running around killing everyone in sight and shouting "HAHA NOOB OMG!". This is why I sticked to RPI MUDs for so long, because the graphical MMORPGs seemed childish and lacking character. Immersive environment is what I like.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Role-playing and maturity, for the reasons described above. I'm really looking forward to check this server, as it seems different from all the others.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
While going back from the woods, after collecting some yarrow for healing purposes, Vicentil noticed a man running down a narrow path in his direction. He pulled down the hood of his dark-yellow cloak, revealing his scarred face and grasped the hilt of his broadsword. When the man's silhouette grew larger, he noticed wounds on his legs and two wolves running after him. Vicentil wiped the sweat from his forehead, retired the sword and reached for a longbow he wore on his back. A broad smile appeared on his face, revealing his sharpened teeth...

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Welcome to the Server!

Make sure to check up on the policies and rules found throughout the forums and the wiki, and have fun in there!

To answer your question, we certainly allow for ranger-like human characters, though the Hunter class isn't OOCly available to that particular race at creation (this will change with the upcoming expansion, Cataclysm). I would recommend making a rogue or a warrior, giving them a bow and a green cloak, and go Strider the crap out of those untamed wilds.
Thank you. The problem is that I cannot connect on my mac, after downloading the realmlist and checking if it is correct (also removed the WDB cache folder) :( I have patched to the version you specified as well.
works :) sorry - did not know I had to create an account first via the website