Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: AltecLansing`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hello 'ere. I think I'm a pretty cool guy, I don't really get that mad or hyped up about things and usually try to keep a cool head. I like witty jokes and I'm not that much into slapstick jokes. I dislike first person shooters and I am more of a RTS kind of guy, falling in love with the Warcraft games.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from the United States of America, born and raised here. I live in Chicago area if I needed to say anything about where I live.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
From Starcraft and I eagerly await Starcraft 2! Which hopefully is coming out soon. I've been RPing from Starcraft 2, and throughout Warcraft three and its expansion pack, the Frozen Throne.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I googled it, its wonders what the good old google system will do.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy any type of roleplay, be it tavern roleplaying or action and danger. The only type of RPing I have a problem with is great big groups, it really makes it hard to get very good emotional bonds with other characters. In my opinion, the emotional side of roleplaying and how the character's mind work is the most important part of roleplay. Always be true to your character, if your character is a b****, then you have to be a b****. Just remember, always make it so your character is still enjoyable to be around.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Human. Human is my all time favorite, just because I am human so its nice with having that connection. Also, Gnomes are extremely underrated. I am proud to say the best RPs I've ever had on other private RPing servers were with gnomes as my friends. They make things more interesting and its always a fun time with gnomes. Also, have you ever seen a gnome "bad guy"? They are pretty darn scary.

What are your expectations of this server?:
They are pretty high. I hope to make a lot of friends on this server. I can see this being an extremely good roleplaying server.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect, I like how its the thing upheld the most. Respect is a very important trait to me.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I don't exactly know what gruntship is so I think I should just leave this thing be for the time being. Sorry guys!

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
What exactly is gruntship? And, how does one become a grunt? Also, I need a little help on -one- thing, and this is on a roleplaying stand point. Ever since I started roleplaying I've always had one major problem, and that is trying to get into RPs. Every time I would go into a tavern I would see two people having a very interesting conversation, but I would never want to just bump in and start talking. I always felt very scared about being a 'roadblock' or getting in their roleplay. Can anyone help me with overcoming this fear?
Welcome to the Server!

Be sure to check up on the rules and guides present throughout the wiki and forums, and enjoy your stay!

Information on Gruntship is available here. It's the usergroup for the more experienced members of the server, who are trusted and capable roleplayers.

In terms of being afraid to butt in- It's certainly not a bad thing to have that sort of anxiety to start out with, as it will prevent you from unknowingly jumping in on something private, or interrupting a scene. If you're unsure whether the RP is private, you can use the OOC chat channels to ask. Just make sure you're polite and considerate of their privacy, and no one should have an issue with it.
Thank you so much for the tip! And also, I googled "Ins to RPing" and I got a -great- site for help during RPing! If anyone has a problem that resembles the one I had, please, go to this site.

http://rpmadesimple.org/finding-an-in/

It helped me -so- much, and thank you for the tip too, Seraphim.