Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Aber`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well to start off my Role-Playing name is Aberthoras. I started my RP adventure when i was playing in retail. I was on the Realm Moon Guard which was one of the heaviest and in-depth Realms at that time. I was just a beginner in the world of RP,so i have been taught vast amounts of skill and what to do and also what not to do. I have been Role-playing for over 2 years and it never gets old. So there are my 2 cents.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from the United States of America, Born and raised. English is my primary language i am also proficient in the English language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I have always seen those ad's on the TV and on Youtube about how this MMORPG is unlike any other. So much in depth action and adventure. After seeing my friend play it i decided to give it a whirl. So here i am, Just another wow-player looking for some good and in-depth RP

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
To be honest i just Google'd "Wow rp private servers" and you guys came up. I also saw some reviews on this particular server and they appealed to me.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
To be completely honest i enjoy all types of role play. The ones on top of my list are fighting,assassination plots,and expeditions. I am also a fan of Military type RP.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race would have to be the undead. They have gone through so much. Look at them now! They have their own city! My favorite class is the rogue. Nothing feels better than sneaking up on an unaware enemy and then killing him by stabbing him in the back.

What are your expectations of this server?:
In depth and quality Role-playing.
Maturity.
Decent player base.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect is the biggest rule that appeals to me. Respect runs in my entire family. That is what it is basically based off of. My Grandpa was in the armed forces and my step dad was also in the armed forces. Basically if you treat me with respect ill treat you with respect.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
My intentions for this story is to sum up a Boot camp type scenario for the 7th division riflemen.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
You guys look like you have put forth a lot of effort. I cant wait to join you guys. Thank you for your time.
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Aberthoras! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Make sure to /join chat in-order to join our global OOC channel in-game.

I've never played on Moon Guard, but I've heard quite a bit about it. I'm originally from the Feathermoon US roleplaying server (where a number of us still play, mostly to raid); around the time that the Burning Crusade came out a large number of the members in our roleplaying community jumped ship and went to other servers. I think that the primary one was Moon Guard, but I'm not too certain.

And thank you for your kind words! I'd like to think that the community's efforts -- staff and player alike! -- have molded Conquest of the Horde into a strong server with numerous dedicated and wonderful members. And now that number includes you! Again, welcome to the server.
Thank you. I have never personally tried Feathermoon. But i have heard great things about it.
You're very welcome!

Feathermoon used to be a wonderful roleplaying community, particularly back in its heyday. I remember visiting FM.net (which was the site used by the vast majority of the roleplayers on the server) and interacting with them there. It very common to see roleplayers around the entire world and we maintained a calendar where people in the community were invited to post events for everyone to attend.

I think that Blizzard's lax stance on enforcing their own rules, particularly in regards to roleplaying, that killed the server. We had a top US raiding guild on our server for some time and as more and more people joined to experience that the composition of the server switched from roleplaying and roleplaying tolerant individuals to, frankly, anti-roleplaying idiots.

My friends and I still actively play on the server, but mostly it's to raid or PvP. Roleplaying there -- even the attempt to do so -- is so very depressing at times. It exists, but it's mostly limited to small groups of friends or very restrictive guilds, which is pretty much the antithesis of what it used to be.