Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: xEPICx`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, I've heard that I'm a generally friendly guy, and I can get hyper at times, but I don't think that'll get in the way. Also, I've learned that I'm acctually pretty funny.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from the USA. My primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I started to playing a lot of games on plain ol' Warcraft III TFT, and I moved into Roleplaying on that, and I still do it. Then my brother bought WoW and I got into Roleplaying on that, but I RP on Warcraft II TFT because I find it easier and I know a lot of people that I RP with.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Well, me and a few other people decided to find a good WoW RP Server, but we couldn't find any. Then a few days later, one of them told me about Conquest of the Horde.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I like most versions of Roleplaying, I have experience in a lot of 'em.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favourite class would be elves, doesn't matter what type, I just use say 'elves'.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations are friendly RPers, a good RP experience, and a good GMs.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The one that appeals to me the most is the Maturity rule because I don't like it when RPers are childish mess around a lot, it can get quite annoying.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I don't know what Gruntship is, but it seems kind of important, so I'll think of a short story.

The sun was just on the horizon, a shadow loomed over a fallen tree covered in moss coloured like the rainbow. "We best be goin', shouldn't I, Sally?" said a voice that was soft, yet tough. A slight neigh echos through the quiet air. The shadow grows short as the man as he walks over it. With the sun infront of him, most of his body is a dark gray, so it's hard to so and definent colours of details of his outfit. As he walks into the sunset, the terrain around his starts to raise and thicken. "Hmm, it seems 'at it's gettin' thicker. Hope we don't get 'ost in 'ere." Says the the same voice. As the man walks through the increasingly florishing forest, the trees start to becocome larger and tall. He notices that there are footprints on the path he is taking. "Huh, seems as this is been used, eh Sally?" A slight neighing follows. As he walks more into the forest, night falls. Odd plantlife shows itself, for they start to glow. They seem to be mushrooms and small shrubs around the trees. "Eh, this is really odd, ain't it?" Another slight neigh follows him speaking. After a bit walking through the increasingly odd forest, animals start to show themselves. At first, they're plain animals such as deer and small critters, but adventually, the animals start grow odd. Small critters such as rabbits and squirrels start to have spots that glow. "This is gettin' really odd, Sally. Wonder what's goin' on 'ere." The man bends over, and scrapes his finger on of the glowing mushrooms. As he picks up his fingers, they'er covered in a goo. "By the gods. . . What is this place?" He stands up, and starts to walk furthur down the path. After a while, a large opening appears. In the center of the opening, is a giant tree, larger than any tree he has ever seen in his life. "What the. . ." Suddenly, an arrow flies by him and strikes him in the shoulder. "Gah! What the 'ell!" Three more arrows fly by. Two of them hit the ground, but one strikes him in the leg. He falls to the ground "Who's attakin' me?! Show yerselves!!" A figure appears infront of him, and as he slowly starts to lose his mind, it says "Well well well, looks like we have some fresh meat." It grins, and he could see dark, filed teeth.

Well, I believe that's enough for now, hope that's good enough.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I can't think of anything really, so, this is all I'll put in this. Oh, and I seem to always type 'alot' instead of 'a lot', hope that doesn't get in the way.
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, EPIC! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Make sure to /join chat in-order to join our global OOC channel in-game.

An elf man, are you? I've found that a lot of people thoroughly dislike the elves, whether they're blood or night (or even high!). I think that a lot of it is due to the experiences that they have had with players in roleplay, particularly on retail. It can be a bit silly at times. That said, I'm personally fairly fond of the elves myself; I really like the depth of their history and how they are often portrayed in-game and in the lore.

Grunsthip is fairly important. It's the rank above Peon, which is what you'll obtain as soon as your first post is made on the forums. A Grunt is an individual who has met very specific requirements and who, as a result, is given privileges for his efforts. It's our hope that all players eventually become Grunts, but it's not a requirement to play on Conquest of the Horde. I know of at least two long-time members who have never pursued gaining rank and haven't suffered for it!

"Alot" isn't exactly accurate since the word actually refers to a verb meaning to give out or grant others. That said, it's a fairly minor mistake and probably wouldn't be held too much against you. You should, however, make an effort to write accurately and well at all times -- in-game and on the forums! Minor little things aren't too horribly worrisome in the greater scheme of things.