Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Atlantis`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
As a player I try to maintain absolute standards. My most favored aspect of the warcraft world is the lore-rich environment that we can be utterly immersed in. As per retail World of Warcraft, I am an officer in one of the most respected roleplaying guilds on the server (although we're not large, we did host an event that had a turnout of over three hundred people and have been doing such since the day the server started). GnomeTech on the server Emerald Dream (US) is all about being generally agreeable and considerate - while roleplaying, naturally. All of our officers are extremely intimate with Blizzard's solution ID: 20458 (which outline their roleplaying policy) as we try to promote that nature of atmosphere across the board. I do my absolute best to roleplay in every situation I come across. I clearly enjoy the social aspect more than anything else. Roleplaying is a lot like interactively collaborating in a work of fiction. As one who loves to write, I enjoy simple quality roleplaying and that's what I'm coming here to do.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from Louisiana, U.S.A. As for languages, I speak English and Twinnish (which is a linguistic phenomenon where twins/triplet/etc. develop their own language to communicate with one another). Unfortunately, my twin has no interest in roleplaying, so I doubt the latter will be of much use.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My intermittent addiction to Warcraft began one day when a friend and I were discussing another MMO called "Runescape." We both decided that it was taking some disgusting turns and we'd grown quite bored of it. My friend in question had dabbled in World of Warcraft and suggested that we give that game a go. I, being young and attracted to my friend, decided to follow him into this mysterious world of lore. I remember making a druid and entering the mysterious boughs of Teldrassil. I remember whenever I first flew off of it that my mind was utterly blown whenever I first realized that the whole time - I was on a giant tree. It was then that I first began to realize the grasp of how large this world was that would captivate my attention for so many hours over the next few years.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I'm rather fond of roleplaying and retail doesn't always hold my attention. Sometime the field seems a bit tired and I must immerse myself in other lands. A simple search via Google led me to this. When I realized what high standards were exercised in the admission of this server, it occurred to me that this server was bound to be classy.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
This is something that I, myself, have difficulty pinpointing. Just last night I placed second in The Fifth Cartel's [RP-PvP Emerald Dream - US] "Brawler's Club" event in which many talented duelists competed in 1v1 situations. This was absolutely invigorating. GnomeTech, however, often hosts large public RP events ( http://www.veoh.com/browse/morelike/v20203013W9j686qg ). Small guild, big crowds. Although, I feel that small groups allow for the largest amount of character development and allow for the largest amount of flexibility in activities. They're all so good and they each have their niche.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Well, one of my characters is a human mage (Anamys - Emerald Dream - US) and the other character is a gnome warrior ( Yxias - Emerald Dream - US). My favorite class is a mage and my favorite race is a Gnome. If I were to attend this server, I'd likely focus my efforts with a human mage who would essentially be the same person as Anamys in a parellel dimension, if you will. That is, it wouldn't be the same character, but one almost exactly like her. Especially if she never abandoned her days as a sailor. I love her story and I'd really like to expand on some social techniques herein.

Mages really capture my attention because I love their fascinating and creative spells (and misspells!). The offer a lot of utility in control and in damage. They're extremely practical for many situations.

Gnomes, I deeply enjoy because they have an anti-awkward switch. Anytime something silly or unexpected does (as often does when bound to game mechanics), they can brush it off with a funny comment and even theorize about how it COULD work in a practical world. They're really lighthearted and inherently clever.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations guide me to hope that I'll happen upon a community filled with generally agreeable roleplayers who are interested in tasteful roleplaying. I'd enjoy to see a viable, balanced player versus player scene as well.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I'm rather fond of the very rule I'm interacting with right now - that you can't just randomly make a generic account and log in; it all has to be reviewed by administrators. As far as on the list goes, the Godmodding policy is splendid. I must say, my patience grows thing for godmodders.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
In a pinch, here is a post I made in relevance to a recent buzz on the GnomeTech forums. It largely follows Professor Anamys Dyellus' role in "The Mysterious Explosion" event.

Anamys was startled by Yldruim and nearly dropped the letter that Bashie had handed her in collision. To calm Yldruim down, she assured him that Zappie was fine, Bashie was just as dazed as usual, and explosions in GnomeTech were absolutely commonplace.

Even though Anamys had barely any time under her proverbial belt of professorship, she was quickly acquainted to the idiosyncratic behaviors of student body and staff alike. Not that explosions bothered her...

Yldruim was besetting her with questions. Even as he spoke with her, though, she began to fade. It was always an odd experience for her.. the world starting to phase out of her reach - a deep breath and then all at once (flash!) she was in that secret plane of the invisible. It wasn't that she couldn't be troubled by Yldruim, she quite enjoyed his company. She had to put him at ease for the meantime, for she was not entirely convinced that this letter was what it appeared to be. It was exactly as Bashie had handed it to her, a letter with an odd cog-shaped seal containing the ashes of a letter from the headmistress. There was something suspicious about the way the Headmistress handled it as well.

She had finally made it to a small boat she was renting as an apartment in Stormwind's harbor. It was a suspicious quirk of hers, she enjoyed being anywhere near the sea. If she didn't sleep at night in a boat, she'd rock back and forth in her bed to emulate the steady cradling that only the open ocean could grant. It was no secret that she was from Kul Tiras, boating was nearly an inevitable fate for one such as her. She was far too adventurous to spend her whole life on that one island nation. In order to really think critically, she had to be in familiar surroundings. The ship that droned creaks with each wave seemed to be breathing comfort around her as she focused on the seal.

Her first thought upon seeing it was that there was a secret message somehow imbedded into it. Gnomes were notorious for binary messages and punch codes. Something about this was different, though. It had all of the puzzle of a headmistress. If there wasn't a secret meaning to it, there wouldn't have been such a roundabout approach to giving it to another professor. All night she would shuffle her cards of fate and try to shed some light on the situation. The draws were largely inconclusive, with the exception of the Seven of Swords. She ciphered at the letters definite, yet enigmatic contours for a long time. Could she really solve a code designed by a Headmistress? The answer was an uncompromising, cog-shaped "no," which was precisely why she would have to seek help from others at the university to help her.

I hope you enjoyed it! Anamys Dyellus is the character I'd be reviving on Conquest if accepted.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I hope your patience serves you well in reading my application. Best wishes.
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Atlantis! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Make sure to /join chat in-order to join our global OOC channel in-game.

It's good to see that you have continued to have a good roleplaying experience on Blizzard's retail servers. A lot of roleplayers (myself included!) have found it difficult to do so. To be honest, Conquest of the Horde serves as my escape for something that approaches roleplaying nirvana!

Since you're familiar with Blizzard's policy regarding roleplaying, you should be fine on this server. There are a handful of differences. We don't allow OOC at all in any form of publicly spoken communication, such as /s or /y and even emotes. Instead, we tend to communicate OOC through whispers or the zone's General channel or even party and raid. Common and orcish are global languages, meaning that the two factions can communicate with one another. Also, to facilitate roleplay, emotes are universal as well!

I'm looking forward to seeing what you bring to the community! It's always exciting to see people with not only a lot of ideas but also the drive and gumption to bring them to fruition, as you appear to have done on the Emerald Dream US roleplaying server. Again, welcome to Conquest of the Horde!