Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Madlollipop`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm Oscar, a RP player who have searched for a WoW RP server for a while now.
I usually play about 2-4 hours a day except when im away for vocations, or having important exams.
I hope i could find myself having a nice time here on COTH if i get approved.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm born in south korea and adopted to sweden.
My primary language is Swedish, but i also talk English and spanish, no i dont speak korean.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into warcraft when i played Wc3, then began to play wow with some friends.
And it was one thing that caught my intrest, RP.
Though i didnt like the Rp servers on Blizzards servers since they were just as all other servers.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Well, i simply searched on wow RP servers on google and i looked at some servers and simply liked this one the most, great thatyou dont just invite everyone:)

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I like all kinds of roleplaying but mostly like to raid some oldschool raid and have a big party afterwards, also "pair" Rp isnt too bad :).But as i've mentioned i like all kind of RP.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Nightelf, simply cause they have most worthiness if you ask me, also like their story.Then after Nightelfs its dwarfs for their personality and stories.

Class: As nightelf i usually play druid or rouge cause i think it fits their personallity.
As dwarf, male:always hunter, or female preist

What are your expectations of this server?:
Simply a good nice time on this server, some active serious Rold players.

Sorry for the short awnser but i cant really say anything more.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
As Grakor puts it:

"We don't need characters from other dimensions, worlds, etc. or characters that are out of place and make no sense with the current, established lore. Warcraft lore is already fairly diverse, so I don't see why players would need to branch out of the many possibilities it offers." Furthermore, do not make a character that is "more powerful than everyone else." It definitely won't fly, and if it were allowed, everyone would likely have their characters be "all-powerful." This includes claiming titles for your character that you have not earned through roleplay on this server. As one example, do not make a character claiming to be the leader or high-ranking officer of an established organization. It won't fly. Furthermore, don't make a character with relations to any key lore figures. A good character doesn't need to rely on the importance/fame of established figures.

Since it will make it much more serious and kinda pulls away kids :)

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The thing with this "box" is that i dont get if its just a RP story, any story, or a history story my own char will use as a personality ingame.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
How does houses work on this server?
And if there is no houses, it would be really cool if you could make thouse, since it can give a huge RP feeling boost and also make the server more unique than it already is as well as making it more fun :)

Also i dont really get the thing with Gruntship.
So if i roleplay in one month i can still get lvl 80 insatnt?

Are there like 90% horde on this server or how balanced is it between The horde and The alliance?

Best regards

Madlollipop
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Oscar! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Make sure to /join chat in-order to join our global OOC channel in-game.

Phew, there are quite a few questions there!

The story is just that -- a story! It can be about anything. We want to see your ability to write and communicate and be creative at work. You do not need to have a story now, but you will need to have one posted in this thread or a link provided to one on the forums in order to obtain your gruntship. Fortunately, this cannot occur until you have been an active, participating, member of good-standing for a minimum of one month. So you have plenty of time!

Unfortunately, those aren't the sole requirements for becoming a Grunt. They include having a story, being a member of the community for a month (at least!), having a character profile that has gone through the entire approval process (obtaining the coveted approved pending gruntship response), and then finally filling out a gruntship questionnaire once all of those requirements have been met. It seems like a fairly daunting process, but it's pretty easy and does span the course of a month.

We do not have player housing. Instead, players are invited to use any of the buildings available in-game that do not have an NPC in them. However, this can lead to conflict regarding who owns what and when; as a result, we do not allow players to physically claim any building. Instead, they basically "borrow" it for a period of time. When conflict arises, we request that players communicate with one another resolve the discrepancy.

We don't create houses for a number of reasons. For one, we don't want to bog down the server and custom areas and places have a tendency to do that. Also, it would be fairly difficult to appease everyone's requests and needs and desires when it comes to housing. This would not only become complicated as a result but also take up far too much of the staff's time.

The server is fairly balanced between Horde and Alliance. The numbers shift day to day and even throughout the day. As events occur and guilds rise (and then sometimes fall), certain factions or even races may be more popular for a period of time. Most of us, however, tend to have both Horde and Alliance characters, which allow us the flexibility to participate in a lot of different roleplay with numerous other people!