Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: shindu`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hey there, first of all my real name is Alex so pleased to meet you. Now I consider myself as a pretty active player, I have a good sense of humour, and when i play any type of games I like to do so to have a good time but also to try and help others having fun. I like all types of games whether they're RPG/FPS/TPS/RTS etc. but I have a soft spot for MMORPG's because I think that being a part of a community and playing a game with people you like is the best form of entertainment.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from Romania, Europe. My primary language is romanian but i consider my english to be pretty good, even if I make occasional mistakes of spelling or punctuation. I also speak a little french and some spanish (Ole! for the World Cup).

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well I've played almost all Blizzard games starting with The Lost Vikings. Then moved on to Diablo and Warcraft franchises and of course Starcraft (but I'm not really into that). When I heard they were making an MMO in the Warcraft universe I was stoked and bought the NA version of the game because I wanted to play it as soon as possible.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Well I quit playing on the Blizz servers about 1,5 years ago because I didn't have much spare time with college and everything. But now that I've graduated I said I would give it another shot. I found out about the private servers and as I always wanted to find a good roleplaying community I did some searching on the internet and voila!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Well I'm kind of new to the whole roleplaying thing so I wouldn't know what type I'd choose. Let's just say that I like all aspects of roleplaying and would like to find out more and improve my skills with your help. So take it easy with me and please try to be understanding.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favourite class would have to be the Druid as i like everything that's nature related plus they're able to shapeshift into animals which is great. As for the race it would have to be the Orcs because i feel they have a great history behind them and they're not just killing machines that don't know anything besides being brutal. I know that the race and class i chose aren't available for playing but those are my choices; As for a race/class combination that is possible, it would have to be Tauren Druid (but that doesn't mean that's what i'm going to be playing because i allready have one on the official servers and wouldn't want to level it again).

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to find lots of friendly people here, who can help me with my roleplaying (because as I said I'm new to it) and hope to be treated in the same way I treat them, that means with respect and patience. Also I hope I'll take part in world/guild/party events because I've had this kind of experience before and that's what I enjoyed the most.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
It would have to be the Humility rule because I consider that everyone is entitled to have fun in this game, especially if they chose to roleplay, and if someone comes along and claims that he/she is the greatest and so on, it just makes the others feel inferior and that leads to them not being satisfied with the experience they were going to have.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
As the great city of Stratholme lay in ruins, dark energies surrounding it, the Scourge forces march vigorously through the keep. Leafshade, a Night Elf druid, was waiting in Plaguewood for the rest of her companions. They were sent by the Argent Dawn to enter Stratholme and slay the evil Baron Riverndare, in an effort to retake the city. As she waited for her team, more ghouls and undead were exiting the city, raging through the gates, as if they were out of control. After the waves of monsters faded into the plagued horizon, she decided to go and take a closer look about what was going on.

As she was nearing the city gates, Leafshade thought she would sneak in unobserverd by changing into an animal form. She started growing dark grey fur and sharp claws and eventually turned into a panther. Now she could make her way though Stratholme with ease. As soon as she entered the city, something didn't feel right to her; everything was abandoned, not a single sight of gouls, undead, corrupted bats or spiders, everything was quiet. She made her way to one of the watchtowers to get a better view of the field but then a deafening sound immobilized her. It was like hearing every soul that suffered or died in that cursed place scream as if they wanted to make a warning.

Leafshade recovered after a few minutes but not entirely. She had a strange feeling; something that she couldn't explain, she had never felt like this before. But what could it be? And why now? She decided to wait for the rest of the team before she would go any further. Making her way back to the gates, the feeling began to put more pressure on her; it was like her soul was shrinking, compacting into something that could almost be touchable. Leafshade was terrified, she had to get out of there and tell her companions that the citadel is not safe; they couldn't go on with their mission.

Running like mad through the streets she suddenly stoped at the sight of something that made her feel torn apart. It was the sight of her own corpse, surrounded by those of her comrades. Leafshade had died; she just then realised she was a wisp, a true spirit of nature. Their mission had failed and now the Baron was leading his troops against the Argent Dawn. The ghouls and undead she saw before entering were just the first line of attack; now the horrid abominations were making way to Light's Hope Chapel.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'd just like to know more about roleplaying and I hope the members will be helpful and be patient with me. Thanks to whoever is reading this and hope to see you guys in-game.
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Alex! Please feel free to check out our rules, policies, frequently asked questions, and our beloved wiki. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Make sure to /join chat in-order to join our global OOC channel in-game.

I like MMORPGs for the same reason! When you add living, breathing people into anything, it creates something mutable and different and with endless possibilities. As a result, as more people are added to the community, there becomes greater possibility to experience something new and different. It's very awesome!

I hope that Conquest of the Horde meets -- and exceeds -- your expectations! We love neophyte roleplayers and there are quite a few people within the community who are willing to take a new player underwing and show him how to do everything. Hopefully, in time, you can organize your own world, guild, and party events! Again, welcome to the server.

shindu Wrote:Thanks to whoever is reading this and hope to see you guys in-game.
No! Thank you!