Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: blackpromises`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hello, I am a 23 year old female. (yes yes, there are no females on the internet, I am well aware) I have been playing World of Warcraft off and on since Classic, and have been Roleplaying online, in one form or another, since the nineties. I've roleplayed everywhere from the old yahoo chat groups, to message boards, to IMs, to MUDS (which I still play occasionally) I've even dabbled in Aion, but nothing keeps me coming back quite like World of Warcraft.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born here in the United States of America, and I speak English as my primary language, though I dabble in French and Japanese.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I was eighteen and I had just met a guy and he played WoW. I made a druid and tooled around for a bit, then got my own account as I enjoyed it. First thing I did was join an RP guild and I've been hooked on WoW ever since.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
It's really difficult to find consistant RP in WOW RP servers now. Servers are mostly dominated by hard-core raiders that just want to get the gear and be the best.

I really enjoy the entire experience of the game, from the leveling to the end game raiding, but I like to have fun and take my time about it, and not be hit over the head every five seconds for not being serious enough about downing the Lich King.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
My favorite part about roleplaying is delving into a characters psyche. Really fleshing them out and seeing how they deal with situations. As a result, I like to dabble in just about everything, from tavern to fighting, to melodrama, to romance. I tend to do better in smaller groups, just because I am not the fastest typer and sometimes by the time I'm done writing my action, the moment has come and gone.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
This is a difficult question. I really enjoy all the classes and races. I have a soft spot for Trolls, though, because I think the tribal aspect is so unique and affords so many great opportunities. As far as classes go, I've only leveled one class to end game, a Priest, and I really do love the class. I play a 80 discipline/holy priest on my regular server, and I find healing just so addictive. It's cool to know that even though my party mates are badasses and can do tons of damage and kill huge things, it's only because I'm there keeping them alive that they are able to accomplish great things.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I would really like to get back into the immersive RP experience I first had when I joined WoW more than five years ago. I'm hoping to find others that enjoy the possiblities that the lore provides for us, and to be able to watch my character grow and learn and interact with others that want the same thing.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I really like the Roleplaying rule. Having played games where RP is required, and then going to WoW RP servers where you have people that play cat-girls and half-angels, it's nice to know that there's a continuity that is required, and that the lore won't be flaunted.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I have to say that I'm not a story writer. I see RP as more of a play where all the lines are improvised. I have some RP logs from some games I used to play, but unless you are familiar with the context of the game, the log could appear really flat and I don't wish to give the wrong impression.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not really, the rules are very clear and everything is laid out pretty well.
Welcome! Make sure you familiarize yourself with the rules, policies, and Frequently Asked Questions. Also, take time to explore the site and wiki! You'll be glad you did!

I'd also suggest having a look at the guides on the level of spelling and grammar expected on the server here.