Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Hirix`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Greetings. Well I tend to be an active player, usually trying out all content and just loving the lore around Warcraft. It is just a passion of mine as World of Warcraft has been one of the best games I have played. In all honesty, it feels more than a game, but a great source of both stress relief and a community. It gives me a chance to play an "unreality" type of role. In retail, I was mainly a raider at first, and tried to PvP, but was terrible at PvP. That still didn't stop me from trying and having fun with it. I then just settled with role playing, and putting stories and lore to action. I even have written some full length stories of many on my characters I have played with. Some stories being quite a few pages long of their journey.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
Currently living in California of the United States, only able to speak and understand English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Around Christmas of 2006, I finally gotten my first computer, before hand I was using the family computer. A few days after, my mom actually bought me a copy of World of Warcraft without me even asking, she just thought I would enjoy it, and she was right. Before that I did play it for a a couple days at my friend's place.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I left retail due to finances, the usual reason, so I searched out a private server as the next best thing, and most privates were just about PvP and gearing up, nothing more. So, recently I got the idea to try to find a role playing private server if they existed, surely they would have a better community than most privates. Then I came across this one and from reading through the introductions and stickies, I was pretty amazed to find this might be exactly what I am looking for.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I seem to enjoy many types of role plays. I really like to get deep into character, no matter the scenario. I tend to favor the "tavern" type of role plays, but no stranger to getting my hands dirty on the outside either.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite character is a Troll Shaman for many reasons. A Troll Shaman was my very first character I started on, and still my highest geared and well played. I just all around love Trolls because of their accent and attitude of situations, they can be cool headed, but at the same time, barbaric. With the Shaman class, they seem very versatile, and I have studied every aspect of them.

What are your expectations of this server?:
From what I've read, I expect this server to be solid and stable, with a great, friendly community with strict enough admins and moderators. Of course they would know how to loosen up and enjoy themselves as well.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I really like the rules on respect and tolerance, and maturity. I tend to get frustrated on some servers with how some of the players act. Take a standard PvP server for instance. You get killed and wait to revive, and once when you do, you get killed right after. That isn't the part that bugs me, but right after when they brag about killing you while you were at half health, or "/spit" or "/rude" at you.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The sun finally begins to rise even higher into the sky, giving warmth and new life to the surroundings. The shade of night retreats back, going off to rest and awaiting its time again later that day. A young Troll male takes his first step out from his makeshift tent. All that is worn is a loincloth, the rest of his clothing lies resting nearby hanging across a tree branch. The sun glistens off the sweat from his brow as he wipes it away. "It be anoda' hot day in da Durotar I see." He looks up into the sky before pivoting around and grabbing his garments.

Just a short example of my Troll Shaman, Hir'jin. It shows one of the reason I love Trolls, they way they talk is just fun to work out in a role play.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I have been away from role playing for some time so it may take a few for me to get back into it completely. I would usually stand by and watch other role plays and jump in before starting anything too big. Even then I am always up for any size of role playing.
Welcome! Make sure you familiarize yourself with the rules, policies, and Frequently Asked Questions. Also, take time to explore the site and wiki! You'll be glad you did!

I'd also suggest having a look at the guides on the level of spelling and grammar expected on the server here.
Pretty much already looked through all of those while waiting for my introduction to come up. So I should be good, right?
It's pretty much an automatic suggestion, Hirix. If you've already looked through it all, or better yet if you understand it all, then yeah; you're good. They just remind folks, to make sure they're taken a look at it and are aware of it.

So, welcome!