Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Larethorn`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
My first "MMO" was Gemstone III on the AOL Service. I started playing back in 1996 and found it to be a complete blast! For those who may not be familiar with this game, it was one server with as many as 10,000 people on at a time. Everything was 100% text. The world was constantly growing, game masters played characters and ran "invasion" type events regularly, in which you would have completely unexpected things happening because they were being run by actual people instead of just computers. In my opinion, this is the ideal design for an MMO and I hope someday to find a major MMO that supports this playstyle. Other than Gemstone, the only fantasy roleplaying game I've consistently played online is World of Warcraft. I love raiding and PVP on the official servers, and I will continue to play well into Cataclysm, but what I'm looking for here is some serious RP!!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from the United States of America and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My roommate in college during the summer of 2006 started playing and (despite having sworn to never play another online RPG ever again) I took a free trial from him. Next, I promised never to eat a hot pocket while playing. When that failed, I promised never to get so into it as to have to use voice chat. It suffices to say I stopped making stupid rules and I'm having a lot of fun now.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Reading posts made by the admins on the forums showed me how seriously they take what they're doing here and that they're not just clowning around. They seem to know what they're doing and aren't just some kids who looked up how to run a private server and make a website.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
All types, but I prefer to leave things that can be controlled by the game system (like combat and the existence of items, people, etc.) to the game system. I find the most appealing roleplay to be that in which you have the opportunity to develop your character "live." Instead of just playing some role you thought up, you're social interactions are building upon who your character is by creating new experiences.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
That's a very, very difficult choice. I'd say it's a tie between Orc/Night Elf/Tauren and Mage/Death Knight/Druid. Why? I honestly have no idea. For Roleplaying purposes, I would actually say Warrior would by my ideal class since I have roleplayed as one before and find the heroic knight to be an enjoyable role to play. I haven't really thought of what race I would be, yet. Maybe Night Elf if people *do* actually play Alliance here.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Lots of roleplaying, plain and simple. In-character play!

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Banning people who can't follow instructions and submit a simple introduction post. If you can't take the time to tell your host about you, you're probably not going to take the time to roleplay properly and will be the first one saying "WUT IS ARPEN AND IS IT GUD FOR MAGES" in open chat.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Once, in a far away world known as Elanthia, a long, long time ago, there was an elven warrior named Ayrol who longed to be the greatest warrior in all the land. He left his parents' turnip farms at a young age and moved to the city of Icemule Trace to learn the ways of the fighter. He fought bravely and even helped to defeat the most evil forces invading the capital city of Wehnimer's Landing. He was young and somewhat hopeless until he one day saw for auction a beautiful black longsword with an onyx-inlaid hilt. It was the most beautiful blade he had ever seen, and he spent ever silver he had to win that sword, having to trade all of his equipment to pay for it. What he hadn't realized when he made this grand purchase was that the blade was enchanted, with the letters "LM" engraved on the hilt. It gave its wielder great strength, and he quickly learned to wield it well. A jab, a slice, a chop, and a thrust were all it took to behead nearly any foe. He saved young wizards who were as helpless as he had once been and brought bands of less-able travelers into the catacombs to hunt the undead until one, sad, dreary day when his heroics finally caught up to him. He had decided to take a long journey to his elven homeland entirely on his own without any aid or even a simple guide to show him the way. As he was traversing a deep rocky pass he suddenly found himself surrounded by two frost giants! Foolishly, our young hero was not afraid and taunted the giants, teasing them with parlor tricks as he tossed his blade about and made it spin on its point on his finger. When the giants finally tired of this show and approached, he began his repertoire: A jab, a slice, a chop, and a **CRASH** as the giant hit him right in the chest with a fist the size of Ayrol's body. As his breath left his body, so did his sword as it flew wildly into the brush along the crevice wall. Seeing his trusted weapon gone, he knew this would have been the last time he had ever seen it, and he fell to the ground as he took one final blow to the head. They say the great sword still lies off that path, but few are brave enough to stay in the area long enough to look, what with the frost giants about... it was a sword as powerful as any Azeroth has ever seen, and perhaps if you one day find yourself on the path from the Landing to Ta'Vaalor on the planet of Elanthia in some far away corner of the nether... perhaps you can find that blade - a black steel longsword with an onyx-inlaid hilt with an enchanters mark at the end - and then you, too, can have a great story when you meet YOUR foolish death.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
No, but thank you! I'm sure I'll have more after I see what goes on in-game!
Welcome! Make sure you familiarize yourself with the rules, policies, and Frequently Asked Questions. Also, take time to explore the site and wiki! You'll be glad you did!

I'd also suggest having a look at the guides on the level of spelling and grammar expected on the server here.