Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Yet another...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes this is -another- post with questions on the restart and im sorry =[

So..
Character migration can only be done with approved characters yes?
Characters that aren't migrated will be lost -completely- (as in IC aswell) Is that true?
After the restart I will be able to re-submit my profiles even though they havent been approved yet?
Will server accounts be deleted?
Will the forums be cleared or anything?

Thanks!

M xx
Okay, here's what I understood, though a GM or someone who knows better should correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Character migration is for getting your character leveled to 80 again, I think. If so - yes, I it is only for approved characters. The ones that aren't approved can be migrated without profile... I think.

2. I believe it is true. I think (not 100% sure though) that if someone chooses not to migrate his char, this mean that it never existed after restart.

3. Can't help ya here, GM should answer this one. :)

4. Yes, I think so, though if I am correct, they should be remade by simply connecting the databases of the server and the site, so we shouldn't worry about this, I believe.

5. I think they won't.
If this is anything like the last restart all accounts are going to be wiped and must be remade. And since we are switching from ArcEmu to Trinity(At least I think so), then we definitely will have to recreate server accounts.
Well, if we need to recreate server accounts, doesn't this mean that we will lose forum accounts too?
Nope. They aren't connected.
Characters that you can't migrate because they don't have profiles will be lost in the sense that they'll be deleted just like every other character. This does NOT mean that you can't remake the character along with your approved ones. I know I have a bunch of characters that don't yet have profiles that I plan to make after restart as well.
It's important to note, however, that profiles that have recently achieved the coveted approved pending gruntship response around the time that we closed the posting to new profiles to everyone but the Peons do not need to resubmit their profiles. Our approval in the Character Profile subforum is the same as being ready for the restart. Please note that, to my knowledge, this only applies to the Peons who obtained that approval.

So if your profile is one of those that we allowed through in order to hopefully obtain your gruntship, then you should be good-to-go.

If your profiles haven't even gotten approved pending gruntship, you will need to submit them for the approval process. You can do this when we open up the forum again for submissions. The same rules, however, will apply:
  1. Members can only have one profile going through the approval process at a time, and
  2. They should wait a minimum of a week after final approval to post another profile.

Gnomad Wrote:Nope. They aren't connected.
I think that a bridge of some sort exists between the forums databases and the ones used for our accounts on the server. Otherwise how else would we be able to restrict people from creating game accounts without having an approved introduction posted? That said, I'm fairly certain (nearing absolute certainty) that our forums accounts will remain exactly the same for the restart; as noted, it's probably just a bridge that can be easily recreated.
Piroska Wrote:
Gnomad Wrote:Nope. They aren't connected.
I think that a bridge of some sort exists between the forums databases and the ones used for our accounts on the server. Otherwise how else would we be able to restrict people from creating game accounts without having an approved introduction posted?

The same way you can restrict/allow people to see special forums, I would think. Doesn't have to be a link between forum accounts and database to be able to block a select group of forum accounts from using a tool that creates server accounts.
CallMeMelissa Wrote:Will the forums be cleared or anything?

To address this one. We may clear some of the forums. Certainly not General Chat, but the ones that won't make any more sense come the restart (IC Forums, Storylines, Personals, etc.)

If we do this, though, there will be a warning posted so people can pull whatever they want off of those boards before they get stuffed into archive forums.

Edit: Come to think of it, might be time to consider wiping some of the guild boards as well...
Grakor456 Wrote:Edit: Come to think of it, might be time to consider wiping some of the guild boards as well...

Indeed. Remove the inactive subforums, for example.
What will happen to profiles which have obtained Initial approval but are not yet in the Approval pending Gruntship Category?
They continue to go through the approval process until they complete it.
Thanks everyone! So the most I can do is submit my profiles (one at a time and 1 week apart) when the profiles forum re-opens and anticipate the restart. Thaanks!

M xx