Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: luciawilber`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I am 29 and I've been playing online RPGs for over a decade now. Before I got into roleplaying on a regular basis, I used to enjoy it a long time ago back on a text-based chatroom on an old, old network called TSN, later renamed to INN before AOL bought it out and canceled it. After that, I moved on to IRC and other roleplay environments.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
United States. Primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I originally started playing WoW because my co-workers were playing it and I was seeking an alternative to EverQuest, a game I had played for over ten years.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I cannot afford the monthly fee of playing games right now, so I sought out a free alternative and found this one through a Google search. I have played on other free servers as well.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy a variety of roleplay, though my favorite tends to be plot-driven RP that involves drama and leads up to a larger overall story.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Human Warrior or Rogue, mostly because I enjoy RPing relatively 'normal' characters that aren't incredibly powerful and that get their abilities from a natural profession such as fighting, thievery, or something considered generally more 'mundane' than magic and the like.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm hoping to find a strong roleplay environment. WoW is more suited to RP thanks to what I tend to call "RP Flavor" items, such as clothing that doesn't provide stats and furniture you can sit in, and the ability to perform persistent emotes like kneeling, sleeping, etc.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Keyboard skills, probably. I am admittedly a bit of a grammar snob, given that I'm a writer. I make the occasional mistake, mostly because I tend to use too many commas. However, I have met more than one RPer that would have otherwise been very good had they known how to use proper grammar, and extremely bad grammar (e.g. "I kick u in teh face! lol") can be very distracting to me.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I am currently filling this out before heading out to lunch, so will not be able to fulfill this part immediately. I can, however, do so once I have more free time! Thanks for giving me an option to delay this part.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Your site is very informative. I think I have all I need for now.
An excellent introduction.

Welcome!