Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Aaerion`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hmm, what's there to tell? I'm 21 one years old and I hail from the northern part of Chicago, dubbed Edgewater due to it's placement against lake Michigan. I'm an ambitious individual though, easily entertained but hard to keep that way. Definitely more artistically brained, I'm primarily a writer, followed by an avid pursuit of music creation and finally modeling. Never stagnant however and due to this fact ( Or partially due to it any way ) I'm co owner of Aegision productions, an Indie media production company that specializes in many branches of entertainment, from indie films to our brand of produced manga and anime. Finally, I'm a very physical and competitive person. Having been part of the martial arts world since I was about 13 I love anything to do with physical combat, and since I pursue a career in fitness modeling I'm sure it's a given that I take care of my physical shell.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born here, in the United States, then I transferred to mars for a bit… so I guess I'm part Martian? Nah, grown and tended to here in the states. My primary language? English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I do believe it was about two years ago, right after the release of the first expansion ( Burning Crusade ) A friend of mine approached me with a proposition that I simply could not refuse. Being a writer I was attracted to the idea of being able to Role-Play a character that was completely immersed into a pre-fabricated world, to use lore that I hadn't created to create an artificial life? Very attractive, to me at least.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I wasn't necessarily seeking another server, to be quite honest. However it wasn't until a friend ( The same friend that brought me into WoW retail, go figure ) passed the idea of this sever to me and again I found myself unable to resist.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I love writing period, so it's safe to say that Role-Playing in of it's self is just one of my favorite pass times, to be able to write with partners, to act off their responses and ideas of how their character should be? Hell yeah. Any way, my primary style of writing happens to be of a fantasy persuasion, this isn't to say I can't do drama, horror, or contemporary, however this is where I feel the most comfortable. Something about the ability to stand up against forces of undead while wielding spells of a destructive manner, or the ability to cleave someone in half with a sword bigger than my body? Sold!

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race and class… Well, I'm quite fond of the Blood Elves, and yes this is probably a cliché but then again it's my opinion. Any way, I'm definitely more of a Blood Elf Death knight type of individual. The lore behind the Elves it's self is so intriguing, the fall of a race and it's rising in a non conventional sense? To add yet another fall and another rise? What's not to like? It also helps that which every way you throw it there's going to be a bit of controversy following your race of class, something I'm not afraid of by any means.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Hm. Well, seeing as I'm more so interested in the interaction between characters I'd have to say the amount of active Role-Players as well as the RP standards here. I'm all for given people opportunities to prove that they can indeed write ( Grammar, punctuation and of course creativity included ) however at a point I'm a bit of a skeptic when it comes to the idea of a strictly Role-Playing sever, so in so many words, to see it is to believe it.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
To choose one out of all the essential rules, to me, is seemingly impossible and I'll elaborate on why. Humility and Maturity go hand and hand. Yes, everyone wants to be center of attention, everyone's character is indeed special to them, and why wouldn't it be? Spending a countless amount of time preparing a character to interact with others, building a story that you're sure everyone's going to find interesting, only to toss it in and realize that everyone else has done the same and that in actuality you're no more special or different than the next Tauren warrior whom claims to be a powerful combatant, or Human paladin that has done a tour in Notherend. It is here where you realize “ Alright, although I might not be… different, the way I build my character, his personality, the way he changes throughout his experiences and interactions with other's could BUILD and make him into a distinctive toon. “ This takes both a bit of humility and maturity, to bite your lip, swallow your pride and put aside your dreams of being the best of the best in Azeroth, at least until you've built yourself through real time, in game methods.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The clang of it's sword as it fell from grace, clashing against the marble beneath it's feet, resonated throughout the training hall. “ Hmph “ Reverberated past his slender, cherry hued lips and thin, paper thin pale eye lids closed gracefully over the fel-green orbs fixed within it's skull. His arms, glistening with perspiration folded about his lightly heaving chest, the tightened muscles there offering support to the defined forearms of this being. “ What a session…” He proclaimed, his voice sitting in between pitches of the highest high and lowest of lows, so soothing and yet so very sarcastic. Bare feet pressed firmly against the ground as he began to pace, passing through his inner conscious of a time where he had been all but disowned for his tactics. His lips curled as he thought of the time, taking himself back to an exact moment.

“ Just like your father. Stubborn, fixated on the belief that the sword and magic can go hand and hand.. Do you not see that this is why he fell? Ambition is brilliant, too much ambition is foolish, stick to what you know young one or you will share the same fate…”

He watched himself, at the time an apprentice of a magister that held no more renown than any other, but as most magisters believed his method to be the one and only. So young, with a fiery passion, the split image of his father. With hair like that of the moon and eyes that could leave a pitch black room filled within its ominous green presence instantaneously.

“ Is that so, master? Is it useless? The combining of the physical and the not so much? “ He stood tall, reaching in front of him, lifting his wooden sword from the floor and extending it out towards the elder.

“ Is it so wrong to combine the might of steel and the versatility of our innate power? To find openings that no mage can exploit, to capitalize on a range that no warrior can? Is it wrong to seek something different? Are you infuriated that I alone, given the opportunity to close the distance can provoke and distract the others? Or are you simply envious that I, the son of a radical, one who… fell, as you put it holds within his grasp the potential to exploit the physical uselessness of any spell caster? “

This of course made him laugh, the thought that he could be so arrogant, so naïve at such an age was simply amusing. He watched himself cast the wooden sword to the ground, it's hilt frosted heavily from it's previous owner's grip. The memory faded as he remembered how much trouble he had gotten into that day.

Inhaling deeply and allowing his arms to fall to their respective sides his eyes opened, scanned the floor for the sword in which he had held prior. With the shake of his head and a smirk he began off, the bronzed hilt had indeed been frosted over.

He knew it, the aim of his mentor. By the standards of the Magister he was a mage and nothing more. The addition of a sword would not change that. “ I'm just a dreamer who wishes to be an innovator… and yes it may, one day, be my fall. But a life without risk is not life at all. “ I'm a mage, I am a mage.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nope, nothing at all. Thanks for taking the time to read my introduction. I'd also like to add that I've known Vandialis for ages it seems, and I'm glad he introduced me to the forum. It'll be nice getting some great Role-Play in and all the hard work put into the server really shows. ^^
An excellent introduction.

Welcome!