Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Kratour`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
You know, it's not often enough that I get asked about myself. I mean, of all the subjects that could come up in a conversation, it's probably the one I know the most about. Well anyways, I guess the first thing I should say is that, due to various circumstances, I spend more time than could possibly be considered healthy role playing on whatever sight or subject stands out to me.

As for my spare time, though you may have already gathered that most of my time is in fact spare time, I have only a few hobbies. Te begin with, I love to read and write, and while it's hard to say at this point, I wouldn't be disappointed with being an Author. Sometimes, when I get bored with everything else, I'll doodle a bit too, though I'm not all that great at it.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from the USA, and not only do I speak English primarily, it's actually the only thing I can speak.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well, a long while back, though I can't say how long with any precision, I played Warcraft III at my cousin's house. I've always been a fan or games, Role Playing Games and Real Time Strategy games specifically, so I took to it pretty quickly. As far as getting into Warcraft is concerned, that's about as far as the story goes. I was bored one night, so I played whatever was in the computer.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I chose this server mainly for two reasons; the first is that, as I already stated, I love to roleplay, and this seemed like a wonderful place to 'scratch that itch', if you'll bear with me. The second reason is that I enjoy the set up that's going on here, though I can't name any specific reasoning for it.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Actually, this was a pretty hard question for me. You see, there isn't really any type of roleplay that I dislike, and I don't have much in the way of preferences. However, I can say that I like roleplays to be relatively consistent mood-wise. I mean, I have no problem if a relaxed roleplay gradually shifts into a higher action mood set, but when it jumps from one to the other like an indecisive bunny, it kind of annoys me.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Well, I always preferred to play in the Alliance, and the Druid's shape shifting abilities were something I instantly warmed up too. As such, I naturally fell into playing a Night Elf, and it's always been pretty fun. I should point out though, that I now tend to run Blood Elves, since they natural blend into the type of character I've begun to like. That is to say, cynical and attractive characters that can make sarcastic remarks about just about anyone, while still keeping things a bit lighthearted.

What are your expectations of this server?:
All things considered, I don't have many expectations. I would like to be able to run around a world in character, interacting with interesting people along the way, and having a generally good time.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Humility. While a character is important, and having a wonderful character with a colorful background is all well and good, when a single person tries to force their own character to center stage, they tend to shove the rest back.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The water was cool as he lay upon his back, drifting down the river under the light of the moon. The stars were scattered across the sky, and each twinkled at it's own rate, displaying a heavenly beauty that couldn't have been purer. The Elf gave a slight snicker as the thought came to him; he may not have been quite so pure, but he was more beautiful than any ball of light in the sky. He turned then, sinking into the water with silence befitting his graceful appearance, and he swam beneath the surface, approaching the near bank slowly.

Then he broke the surface of the water, his long, dark hair clinging heavily to his leather clad back. Even then, as the water rolled off of him, he made no more noise that the swirl of water below him, he leaned forward, keeping his body low to the ground as he left the peaceful river behind. The upwards slope quickly gave way to a stretch of grass, leading up to the massive walled off city that was ultimately his destination.

He approached quickly, and hugged the wall when he reached it. It wouldn't do to be caught here... He nearly laughed allowed as the Absurdity of the statement hit him, as though any amount of those overgrown apes could catch him. He could dance naked through their streets, and the humans would do well to even notice him. ... Wait no, scratch that. He couldn't help but draw the attention if he showed too much of his perfectly sculpted body.

Still though, he would have to get past this damned wall if he were to walk, nude or otherwise, about the city. And so his head tilted upwards toward top of the wall, guards standing a few dozen feet from each other, in a line. He reached out, feeling the stone itself, and clicked his tongue in annoyance. Dwarven architecture, he'd have a rough time climbing it, but then, this would be boring without any obstacles.

He took two steps back, the dashed towards the wall, feet pressing against the stone for only the slightest contact as he managed to work his way several feet up, then reached out and caught hold of some weathered stone jutting loosely from the surface of the wall. He looked around him, then quickly moved to the next rock, climbing from point to point as quickly as his glowing green eyes could find them.

It didn't take long for him to find his way to the top, and it was a menial task to slip past the only half conscious guards, sleeping in their armor as could only be expected of a human. His descent was much quicker, as he dropped along the wall, catching only two outcrops before falling lightly to the ground below. And then he was in.

He walked along the back streets, taking care to go unnoticed by the... well, there wasn't really anyone out, it was pretty late. Still though, it was no doubt his incredible skill that saw him through the districts, then through the back door of a large building. It was there that his job would begin, and his daggers slid silently from their leather sheaths in anticipation. No doubt this would be an eventful night... But then, who's to say?

Yea, that's all I can write at the moment, sorry if it seems kind of rushed, and sorry if the spacing is wrong, I can't really tell when I'm typing it into this box.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
All I can think to say is that if I ever do something that might offend you, please just tell me. I would never intentionally do anything that could negatively impact another player, and if I am, it's very likely that I didn't notice it at all. The same goes for if I'm being annoying, I tend to rant when I get nervous.
An excellent introduction.

Welcome!